TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Promoter

Heat and Velocity cancelled

Guest krazykat72

It's been known since the USA deal was signed that there's only going to be one weekend show.

-Paul Jacobi-

I'm pretty disappointed at the death of Velocity. Heat I don't care so much about, but the loss of Velocity means that cruiserweights have even less of a chance of actually impressing and getting a chance to shine.

I almost never had a chance to see either show anyway, so I don't really care that much. Like another poster said, it might be nice to see Paul London vs Akio or Val Venis vs Simon Dean, but if the match doesn't mean anything, who really cares?

I never watched any show, but alot of ppl watched it because indy talent got a chance to wrestle on that part of the show, and of course the Cruiserweights got their chance.

ECW should come back. Financed by Vince and Controlled by Heyman, like they said last night on RAW. It would give fans a good alternative to watch.

I think if the ECW PPV does well, then it will be brought back.

Guest Edgehead

Will Afterburn and Bottom Line which are syndicated programmes now be the weekend show for each brand with exclusive matches. Sounds a good idea. Like Metal and Jakked

Will Afterburn and Bottom Line which are syndicated programmes now be the weekend show for each brand with exclusive matches.

No - USA Network is only giving WWE 4 hours of programming each week.

2 hours - RAW

1 hour - WWE Tonight (recap)

1 hour - ECW

That's how I assume it will work.

but where is Smackdown gonna go after their deal with UPN expires?

Either it moves to another network, or the roster split ends and RAW is the main show, with ECW left as the secondary program.

Will Afterburn and Bottom Line which are syndicated programmes now be the weekend show for each brand with exclusive matches.

2 hours - RAW

1 hour - ECW

Well, I'm fairly certain USA can't control what WWE puts on in syndication though.

I've read that Vince Mcmahon wants to revamp the tv landscape since he is moving to USA. I've also seen Heat and Velocity becoming syndicated shows like superstars and wrestling challenge were. I guess that's better than the usual recap junk of Bottom Line and Afterburn. Recap shows aren't bad, but they replay every damn thing on the main shows anyways. Okay, if things go down in the way that some believe it means there is actually less air time. I think this SHOULD help make the shows tighter in terms of writing, booking, and utlizing talent without over-saturation. There are some good armchair bookers here. What would you guys do to help bring ratings back up. If Vince goes like this I think it will make people watch the majority of shows unlike now with the crappy ratings for the weekend shows.

Fall 2005

Monday night (USA)

RAW-2 Hours

Friday night (UPN)

Smackdown- 2 Hours

Sunday Night(USA)

WWE Tonight-1 Hour

*this should be a hybrid show such as Confidential/Excess mixed mag show*

It should be dual brand to help promote ppv shows as well

Syndication

WWE HEAT-1 Hour

Women's show/indy guys*up and comers/ house show matches for locals

WWE Velocity-1 Hour

Cruiserweight show/indy guys*up and comers/house show matches for locals

Every once in a while:

Saturday Night Main Event

*type of clash of champions with champions from both brands defending their titles on the show. Set up hype for interbrand matches down the line.

This is what I would like to see the wwe do to make me actually care to watch all of their shows without all the recapping.

2 hours - RAW

1 hour - ECW

He means that Bottom Line and Afterburn will now feature matches instead of recaps.

And Josh Matthews just sh*t his pants.

lol anyhow Ill miss them both. Velocity is cool for the cruiserweight action and Heat is fun with old school like squashes and Coach's amusing commentary.

Remember when Heat was the number 2 show? and major angles used to take place on there? and big matches like Taker vs Mankind?

Guest Dumb Monkey
Velocity is cool for the cruiserweight action and Heat is horrible with the same shit matches, Grisham not knowing anyones name, and Coach's intelligence insulting commentary.

Corrected for accuracy. At least Heat no longer is home of Al Snow's horrible running joke he stole from MXC where he calls Jobbers that stupid name.

Velocity is cool for the cruiserweight action and Heat is horrible with the same shit matches, Grisham not knowing anyones name, and Coach's intelligence insulting commentary.

Corrected for accuracy. At least Heat no longer is home of Al Snow's horrible running joke he stole from MXC where he calls Jobbers that stupid name.

You mean Bobby Gadouche?

2 hours - RAW

1 hour - ECW

Except ECW isn't getting a new TV show.

Val Venis matches are always the highlight of Heat. Hell his match with Maven the other week was pretty good for the time given.

You mean Bobby Gadouche?

Its Babaganoosh (he called everyones last name that)