TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spaceman Spiff

Possible new signings soon?

From 411, via PWInsider

- The early word is that both Teddy Hart and Harry Smith did well in their WWE tryout matches in Calgary. Management likes that Smith is already very tall, but feels he needs a bit more seasoning. Hart impressed during his tryouts and has gotten himself back on the WWE radar after losing a developmental deal a few years ago. Both guys could be signed soon and sent to OVW or the new Deep South developmental territory.

- Everyone is also impressed with CM Punk and his recent tryout matches. He could be offered a deal soon.

- Samoa Joe is also getting some interest from WWE recently.

Guest *KNK*

It's nice to see that they are interested in talented people but its disheartening because we know in the end the result wont be good.

Guest Mordecai's Cathedral

Isn't Harry Smith touring with NJPW? I thought he was going to stick with them largely.

I think with Punk and Joe, it's to stave off TNA. The Observer reported those 2 along with Bryan "American Dragon" Danielson were on an internal memo to Lauranitis saying to give these guys a hard look because TNA was looking to sign them and WWE has the oppurtunity to wrap them up before they could go to TNA. These 3 were supposedly targeted because the thought was they would have the best chances of getting over on TNA. Sad that WWE would resort to signing them just to keep them away from TNA as opposed to, oh I don't know, using them to create an entertaining product and give us something fresh?

Smith and Hart have the family legacy thing going for them and are probrably well schooled and versed in how things go in the WWE locker room.

Is Joe really that good? I mean I used to see him in local socal indies 4 years ago and he didn;t look that great. I guess the experience has paid off.

If Harry is any good at all he'll get over gangbusters. I swear after that ONE Confidential piece on him and Davey Boy (this being right after Bulldog's death) my dad asks me if they will ever sign "Bulldog's boy."

I remember seeing Teddy on an NWA PPV a couple years ago and I thought he was awesome. I think it was Juventud he wrestled in some cruiser tourney.

Is Joe really that good? I mean I used to see him in local socal indies 4 years ago and he didn;t look that great. I guess the experience has paid off.

Joe is good, but he may not translate well to WWE style. His strikes are stiff and there is no way WWE is going to allow him to do moves like the musclebuster or spots like the ole',ole' kicks, stuff which got him over with the ROH crowd. He doesn't have the look WWE craves, but that is what sets him apart in my eyes. I could see him languishing in WWE (most likely to happen) or he could take his uniqueness and use that to stand out from the crowd a la Rey Mysterio. Basically, he needs to play the cards he's been dealt (flabby body, great wrestling ability) and see where it takes him.

Sounds good should they sign.

Although I'm not a fan of Hart, to be honest. I've not seen a lot of him, but what I have see hasn't been too impressive. I remember a match he had with Am Drag in MLW and was very very disappointed with it. There was a spot where he went for a fippy thing from the top and landed on his arm, he then sold the arm like death for 30 seconds, but them miraculously was able to use that very same arm to put some submission hold and Dragon. Immediatly after Drag tapped the arm might as well have been shot again, but then he did his flips and his arm was fine and so and so on.

But hopefully I've just not seen him at his best.

As I've said many times before, Teddy Hart could be HUGE if he can stop being a jackass and get along with people. As he showed on the few TNA appearances he made, he can fly, and is pretty technically sound in the ring. He has more than enough skills in the ring to get over on that, alone. Does anyone know if hes good on the mic? God knows WWE will be more concerned about that than anything else.

Guest *KNK*

I just fear they try to sell him as Bret Hart's nephew and do a angle with Vince.

Guest *KNK*
Is Teddy still a jerk?

Does an elephant have a trunk?

CM Punk, whom once ripped Teddy Hart to shreds on his livejournal and had a bitter past with him even forgave Teddy and said he was a changed man.

Guest Neon

Well here's Samoa Joe latest commentary.

"It's your thang, Do what yo wanna do.

Human life is truly a short affair. It is better to live doing the things that you like. It is foolish to live within this dream of a world seeing unpleasantness and doing only things that you do not like. But it is important never to tell this to young people as it is something that would be harmful if incorrectly understood.

Personally, I like to sleep. And I intend to appropriately confine myself more and more to my living quarters and pass my life away sleeping.

Well, what more can be said. If you going to spend a considerable part of your life doing it you might as well enjoy it. By the way don't let the last sentence fool you. The inadvertent author of the Hagakure, Yamamoto Tsunemoto was in his latter years when he recited the passages in this book to a younger Samurai who wrote them down.

S. Joe

Does anybody think this indicates anything about his future in regards to these rumors?

Guest *KNK*

You can interprete it any way you want.

It could mean he's willing to stick with the indies because he enjoys working better matches or he's leaving because he wants to enjoy the perks that his profession can bring to him in WWE.

My interpretation of Joe's most recent post is that he is likely to be taking a deal with TNA (should they still be around) and keeping his indy bookings. Joe is very very smart guy and I doubt he is eager to take a job in company that is likely to not use him well and for him to be unhappy. I could be wrong. He would have to make so changes to his style though for sure.

Of all the guys they seem to be "interested" in, I think Punk would be the best signing. He has a great build to him, a unique look, and can get it done both in the ring and on the mic. I think his style in the ring could also be used effectively in the WWE, with not too much being taken away from him.

CM Punk, whom once ripped Teddy Hart to shreds on his livejournal and had a bitter past with him even forgave Teddy and said he was a changed man.

Really? Where'd he say that? (Although I gotta wonder if Ted wiping the parking lot with him in Nashville that one time had anything to do with his change of opinion.)

Guest nokia

UPDATE FROM MELTZER

"an update on the WWE looking to sign Punk, Joe and Danielson. Punk was offered a developmental deal and would start in OVW. To the best of my knowledge, Joe was called but they haven't discussed his situation with him yet. Not sure if they've found Danielson yet, although Laurinitis was given the hurry up on him."

AND WHO CAN THIS BE (Also from Meltzer)

"Another free agent who asked not to be idenitified, but who is known to be on the TNA wantlist, just got feelers this past week from WWE for the first time ever after years of non-interest."

Who do you think this is?

I'm thinking Amazing Red

Why Red? Unless they give him a Psicosis or Juvi "we'll use you for a month then try and make some money in Mexico from you, whilst jobbing you out on Velocity" contract. And even then, Red = Mysterio lite. I can't see them signing Red and jeapordising some of Mysterio's uniqueness.

Maybe Chad Collyer?

Maybe Chad Collyer?

[Todd Grisham mode]Chad Collyer, one half of the team of CM Punk?[/Todd Grisham mode off]

Could the free agent actually be Liger? Sadly, though, WWE would misuse him as much as they did with Ultimo Dragon.

Why Red? Unless they give him a Psicosis or Juvi "we'll use you for a month then try and make some money in Mexico from you, whilst jobbing you out on Velocity" contract. And even then, Red = Mysterio lite. I can't see them signing Red and jeapordising some of Mysterio's uniqueness.

Maybe Chad Collyer?

Its funny you should say that cuz Rey seems the type of guy who would champion cruisers that have more of a similar style to him getting hired. I think he would be willing, if only the WWE wasn't painting him in to fight with heavyweights.

As I've said many times before, Teddy Hart could be HUGE if he can stop being a jackass and get along with people.  As he showed on the few TNA appearances he made, he can fly, and is pretty technically sound in the ring.  He has more than enough skills in the ring to get over on that, alone.  Does anyone know if hes good on the mic?  God knows WWE will be more concerned about that than anything else.

He's pretty decent on the mic... Lance Storm with an edge at worst. The big thing is he's great at playing a whining jackass (because that seems to be his real personality). He's never had any problems getting over big wherever he's wrestled. The problem is he's a jackass behind the scenes too.

When that fails they could always have him wrestle Holly on the house show circuit.

Ted's been feuding with Homicide and B-Boy for over a year now on the indies, why would he give a fuck about anything Bob Holly could do? I picked him up from the airport after his first match with Cide, you shoulda seen the bruises he had all over his body.

Most we really start a new thread every week for who is going to join the WWE?

I just fear they try to sell him as Bret Hart's nephew and do a angle with Vince.

Out of the 5, I can actually see Hart and Smith joining the E. It makes sense. But they would definitely repackage Hart as more like Bret and Owen. Theres also Wilson (The New Dynamite Kid), Niedhart's girl, Chad Hard (Gary Hart) and Jack Evans (Flying Brian anybody?). I can really see the E picking up each one of these on RAW. Teddy for World Title, Wilson and Smith for Tag Titles. Niedharts girl for Womans. Jack/Chad for IC. I think that would be great. Only problem is Teddy isnt as big as Bret. :(

Is Teddy still a jerk?

Does an elephant have a trunk?

Thank god. Teddy needs to tone it down a bit though, both in and out of the ring.

I can really see him going the E, especially as Bret is supposed to be in next years Hall of Fame.

(Would love to see Bret in a ring again)

When that fails they could always have him wrestle Holly on the house show circuit.

Ted's been feuding with Homicide and B-Boy for over a year now on the indies, why would he give a fuck about anything Bob Holly could do? I picked him up from the airport after his first match with Cide, you shoulda seen the bruises he had all over his body.

I dont know. Hardcore does have a rep and he comes across as being a mega asshole in the ring. Did you hear the reaction he got on SD vs MNM?