TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

Smackdown Spoiler

Early report from PWinsider.com

Update

Smackdown:

*Smackdown opened up with Teddy Long in the ring, discussing the loss of WWE John Cena. He said that the championship situation would be decided after the end of the draft. JBL came to the ring and demanded to be handed the WWE championship. Long announced that their draft pick was Chris Benoit. JBL told Benoit that he's seen him win championships all over the world, but he says that the only thing he holds against Benoit was wrestling for ECW. He ran down ECW, setting up Benoit vs. JBL for later in the evening. JBL tried to hit Benoit. Benoit ducked under, then hit a German suplex and locked on the Crippler Crossface, but JBL ran from the ring.

*Carlito Carribean Cool pinned Charlie Haas with a handful of tights. Haas did a dive over the top but caught his foot and took a scary bump similar to Lita's on Raw a few months ago. Matt Morgan hit an F-5 on Hardcore Holly.

*WWE Cruiserweight champion Paul London vs. Akio was interrupted in under a minute by Eddie Guerrero who laid both out and cut a promo on Rey Mysterio.

*Booker T pinned Kurt Angle in what was said to have been a great match. Kurt Angle told Tazz before the match that he wanted an answer tonight before the end of Smackdown whether he would join Kurt Angle against ECW this Sunday or not.

*After losing, Angle sat in the corner of the ring for a long time. He went outside and grabbed a chair. Angle went to Tazz and said he wanted an answer or he was going to sit next to Tazz all night until he got one. He then hit Tazz with a stiff microphone shot, busting him open. Tazz went to the back. Paul Heyman replaced him on commentary.

*JBL fought Chris Benoit to a no contest after ECW and the Cabinet hit the ring. Benoit locked JBL in the crossface and the Cabinet stormed the ring. Tommy Dreamer, Rhyno, and the Dudley Boyz made the save. Kurt Angle, Carlito, and Matt Morgan hit the ring. Tazz's music hit (the place went insane). Tazz, Balls Mahoney, and Axl Rotten hit the ring. Team Extreme cleaned house on the WWE crew and celebrated to end the show.

I'm betting that Tazz comes back out being "woken up" by the mic shot, and returns to his old ways until next week.

At least the ECW guys are given a chance to go over some decent names like JBL, Angle, even Carlito as opposed to the debacle on Monday where it was pretty much the Job Squad getting laid out by ECW.

Guest BrokenWings
*WWE Cruiserweight champion Paul London vs. Akio was interrupted in under a minute by Eddie Guerrero who laid both out and cut a promo on Rey Mysterio.

Proving once again how much the WWE cares about cruiserweights.

And then they wonder why they can't get over.

Other than that, the show looks good. This will be the first time I imagine I'll be able to sit through a full episode in over a year.

Guest QUP2CME

Full spoilers

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/new...p?news_id=11814

Credit: Joe McDonald of NWACentralStates.com and PWInsider.com

Dark Match:

Rene Dupree pinned Trevor Rhodes.

Velocity:

WWE United States champion Orlando Jordan pinned Hardcore Holly with his feet on ropes.

Chavo Guerrero pinned Funaki with a rollup and handful of tights.

Danny Basham pinned Nunzio. Spike Dudley hit the ring and tried to hit the Dudley Dog on Basham, but he was tossed over the top to the floor. The Bashams cut a promo saying that "tomorrow night" they would destroy ECW.

WWE Tag Team champions MNM defeated Scotty Too Hotty and Shannon Moore.

Smackdown:

Smackdown opened up with Teddy Long in the ring, discussing the loss of WWE John Cena. He said that the championship situation would be decided after the end of the draft. JBL came to the ring and demanded to be handed the WWE championship. Long announced that their draft pick was Chris Benoit. JBL told Benoit that he's seen him win championships all over the world, but he says that the only thing he holds against Benoit was wrestling for ECW. He ran down ECW, setting up Benoit vs. JBL for later in the evening. JBL tried to hit Benoit. Benoit ducked under, then hit a German suplex and locked on the Crippler Crossface, but JBL ran from the ring.

Carlito Carribean Cool pinned Charlie Haas with a handful of tights. Haas did a dive over the top but caught his foot and took a scary bump similar to Lita's on Raw a few months ago. Matt Morgan hit an F-5 on Hardcore Holly.

WWE Cruiserweight champion Paul London vs. Akio was interrupted in under a minute by Eddie Guerrero who laid both out and cut a promo on Rey Mysterio.

Booker T pinned Kurt Angle in what was said to have been a great match. Kurt Angle told Tazz before the match that he wanted an answer tonight before the end of Smackdown whether he would join Kurt Angle against ECW this Sunday or not.

After losing, Angle sat in the corner of the ring for a long time. He went outside and grabbed a chair. Angle went to Tazz and said he wanted an answer or he was going to sit next to Tazz all night until he got one. He then hit Tazz with a stiff microphone shot, busting him open. Tazz went to the back. Paul Heyman replaced him on commentary.

JBL fought Chris Benoit to a no contest after ECW and the Cabinet hit the ring. Benoit locked JBL in the crossface and the Cabinet stormed the ring. Tommy Dreamer, Rhyno, and the Dudley Boyz made the save. Kurt Angle, Carlito, and Matt Morgan hit the ring. Tazz's music hit (the place went insane). Tazz, Balls Mahoney, and Axl Rotten hit the ring. Team Extreme cleaned house on the WWE crew and celebrated to end the show.

That sounds like the best SmackDown show in quite some time. I will have to watch it. I'm glad Benoit is back on SmackDown, he was getting stale on Raw when the bookers had no clue what to do with him once he dropped the belt...that probably won't change, but at least he can have awesome matches with Eddie, Rey, RVD, Booker and Angle again.

If JBL wins another fucking tournament and the Title, even Benoit's return can't stop me never watching SmackDown again.

This has to be like the 10th consecutive week Orlando has defended the U.S Title on Velocity. Is it safe to say the Title has hit an All-Time low(especially with PPV defenses against Heidenreich!)?

Guest Big_Jay101

So will John Cena be stripped of the title or what or will he unify it with Batista/Triple H, if whoever wins doesn't go to smackdown. Are they doing draft picks are picking things out of a basket again?

Guest JMA

Proving once again how much the WWE cares about cruiserweights.

And then they wonder why they can't get over.

Other than that, the show looks good. This will be the first time I imagine I'll be able to sit through a full episode in over a year.

It's not so bad if you think back to Eddie himself being a cruiserweight (and Rey still is one). it's better that they get beat up by a good wrestler than some steroid junkie.

Looks pretty good. Also looks really quick. Like, I though Benoit/JBL would be the mid-show main event, and then it just seemed to end.

I wouldn't have moved Benoit or Cena, but, eh, Benoit on SD could be good.

At least the ECW guys are given a chance to go over some decent names like JBL, Angle, even Carlito as opposed to the debacle on Monday where it was pretty much the Job Squad getting laid out by ECW.

Yeah man Edge and Christian are jobbers.

But Snitsky and Tomko basically are.

But Snitsky and Tomko basically are.

How are they jobbers? Do you even know what a jobber is? Akio, Shannon Moore, Simon Dean, People on heat that are no names, those are jobbers. Jobber is the most misused word when in relates to wrestling. Snitsky and Tomko are not jobbers, they are mid-carders pretty much.

Hw do you figure Simon Dean is a jobber, but Snitsky isn't? I can't remember Snitsky going over ANYONE since his feud with Maven.

The term jobber, as used by me, is meant as losers. Not nameless jobbers, but guys who are not percieved as winners. In this day and age, there aren't really nameless, faceless jobbers like in the past. I percieve Raw midcard guys to be Shelton, Jericho, Hassan, Kane. Guys who are either in contention for the IC title or could have a World title match as the ME of a Raw with the champ. During the Raw/ECW confrontation, the only person percieved as anything in the fans eyes is Edge, and to a degree Christian. Christian is basically a loser who happens to have entertaining promos and is over, but he hardly wins matches. Tomko, Snitsky, and Maven are crap. Compare those names to Angle, JBL and his Cabinet, Carlito, and the Raw side didn't really throw out there best names to help get ECW over.

The term jobber, as used by me, is meant as losers. Not nameless jobbers, but guys who are not percieved as winners. In this day and age, there aren't really nameless, faceless jobbers like in the past. I percieve Raw midcard guys to be Shelton, Jericho, Hassan, Kane. Guys who are either in contention for the IC title or could have a World title match as the ME of a Raw with the champ. During the Raw/ECW confrontation, the only person percieved as anything in the fans eyes is Edge, and to a degree Christian. Christian is basically a loser who happens to have entertaining promos and is over, but he hardly wins matches. Tomko, Snitsky, and Maven are crap. Compare those names to Angle, JBL and his Cabinet, Carlito, and the Raw side didn't really throw out there best names to help get ECW over.

Guess we have different system. I consider Hassan, Benjamin, Jericho, Kane upper midcarders.

Yeah, it's just a difference of what we are seeing. I haven't watched Heat or Velocity in about 4 years. While I know that Heat has nameless, faceless jobber types, since I don't watch them at all, my perception of a jobber are the guys who don't win or aren't pushed on the main TV shows.

Guest BrokenWings
How are they jobbers? Do you even know what a jobber is? Akio, Shannon Moore, Simon Dean, People on heat that are no names, those are jobbers. Jobber is the most misused word when in relates to wrestling. Snitsky and Tomko are not jobbers, they are mid-carders pretty much.

Tomko has won, what, two matches since he's joined the E? Not to mention one of them was one of the worst matches ever, against Stevie Richards. I don't know why they're still pushing him as a problem solver, when he's always getting his ass kicked.

It's not so bad if you think back to Eddie himself being a cruiserweight (and Rey still is one). it's better that they get beat up by a good wrestler than some steroid junkie.

Eddie went over the Cruiserweight champion and the number one contender single handedly. It makes the entire division look like shit.

Guest Eric the Eagle
This has to be like the 10th consecutive week Orlando has defended the U.S Title on Velocity. Is it safe to say the Title has hit an All-Time low(especially with PPV defenses against Heidenreich!)?

Since he's actually defending the title, I'd say he's solidly ahead of Big Show's reign.

Since he's actually defending the title, I'd say he's solidly ahead of Big Show's reign.

Agreed, Show only defended the title like 2 times.

But at least Show had credibility and his challengers weren't on the level of Heidenreich.

Before the Cena feud, I can only remember title defenses against Billy Gunn and Hardcore Holly. Right now, I think it's safe to say that Heidenreich is more over than any of those two were at the time, although Holly's pop does seem to be growing.

You are right about Show's credibility, though. While I'm not a fan of Jordan, at least they have him defending the title. It's a huge plus, I think.