TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Skywarp!

Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter

The combos are cool. I wish there was a 2D fighter that really has chains and juggles like that.

I always thought if they were to actually do an MK vs. SF game, it should have rendered graphics like Donkey Kong Country. You've got to find the happy medium between digitized charaters and sprites.

Guest Mosaicv2

Why did they had to slow-down everytime they were going to do the next move... really boring to a fun animation. ;)

It's started off kind of ehish, but once the fight between Ken and Raiden started it got pretty awesome. I loved the attention to detail.

Raiden should have won.

Mortal Kombat owns Street Fighter.

I never liked the cartoonish Street Fighter.

But i seriously know nothing about video games. It always seems that people who are gamers always prefer SF.

Street Figther had a much more complex & deeper fighting system than Mortal Kombat. In SF, which attack you chose really mattered; in MK, it basically depended on who hit the button first.

It should be noted I havent' played a Street Fighter game since Street Fighter II for the gensis. And I've played every Mortal Kombat game. So all my opinions of street fighter are based off the crappy cartoon shit and a 16-bit game.

I got a kick out of the flurry sequences. The excessive use of Matrix effects were a bit distracting though. And pretty much anything using music from Iron Chef gets a thumbs up from me.

Neat. The combos were really cool. Moonlit Wilderness music is always cool. The slowdown was pretty annoying though. Not a bad effect, but used too much.