TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Guest Smues

If it's expansion packs, I better not have to buy Zerg to be able to install Protoss. That would be annoying, and result in me just getting Terran.

I got Saint Rows 2 today.my store got it in early.

Fucken awesome. The radio stations in this game blow away the ones in GTA 4. It's definetly fun. I know why they delayed it because every flaw GTA 4 has, this game improves. Also it added checkpoints in mid misson so if you die in a misson you don't have to start at the beginning.

Customization is amazing too. i made my charcter a girl. A real whore too. Playing this game as a girl adds a whole new level to this insanity.

You bastard.

Is the talk radio (if they have it) better than the first?

Starcraft 2: The developer already confirmed the game(s) are stand-alone. The assumption is multiplayer will let you use Zerg or Protoss.

Customization is amazing too. i made my charcter a girl. A real whore too.

You seem strangely proud..

Was just about to come on here and tell you all that Eurogamer have 20k Beta keys for COD5, but they're all gone now. I'll post up what the game is like once the misses is finishing watching the bloody X-Factor...

Customization is amazing too. i made my charcter a girl. A real whore too.

You seem strangely proud..

I loved that line. His post actually made me want to purchase SR2...I'd love to play GTA with more craziness and less "Hey Cousin, let's go bowling".

I'm currently working on Yakuza (digging into my backlog), and this Saint's Row talk on various forums is making me want to check it out--if only for the coop. Damn my being broke. =/

BTW, in a comment that most certainly does not warrant a thread, Toshinden is getting a new iteration on the Wii:

http://kotaku.com/5063851/toshinden-returns-on-the-wii-yay

So Tekken 6 is coming to Xbox 360 and Wii gets...Toshinden. FIGHTER MEGATONNAGE NEWZ!!!

Fighting games of recent note:

Soulcalibur IV

Battle Fantasia

Street Fighter 2 HD

Street Fighter 4

Mortal Kombat vs Some Dorks

Castlevania: Judgment

Bleach 2 (On DS)

King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match

King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match

King of Fighters XII

BlazBlue

The new version of Melty Blood

Arcana Heart 2

Tekken 6

Not counting stuff like the impending rerelease of Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Soulcalibur IV

Battle Fantasia

Street Fighter 2 HD

Street Fighter 4

Bleach 2 (On DS)

King of Fighters XII

BlazBlue

Arcana Heart 2

Tekken 6

There's alos a possibility of Tatsunoku vs. Capcom getting a US release.

Soulcalibur IV

Battle Fantasia

Street Fighter 2 HD

Street Fighter 4

Bleach 2 (On DS)

King of Fighters XII

BlazBlue

Arcana Heart 2

Tekken 6

There's alos a possibility of Tatsunoku vs. Capcom getting a US release.

Whoops, forgot one. See? It's awesome how many there are.

Have any of you guys tried Fracture yet?

I rented this from Blockbuster, and it's good, but it seems like there is something missing from it.

I played the demo. The fact that you can only terraform where there is dirt reminds me of Red Faction (the first one, anyway), where you "GEO-MOD the Environment! ...where we tell you you can!" Beyond that, the shooter part seemed uninspired.

Have any of you guys tried Fracture yet?

I rented this from Blockbuster, and it's good, but it seems like there is something missing from it.

I played the demo. The fact that you can only terraform where there is dirt reminds me of Red Faction (the first one, anyway), where you "GEO-MOD the Environment! ...where we tell you you can!" Beyond that, the shooter part seemed uninspired.

I downloaded the demo and I was bored to tears before it was over. I really have no interest in buying or even renting the game.

And I did get a bit of a Red Faction vibe from the game....but less interesting and revolutionary.

I finally got Persona 3 FES. It's definitely one of the most unique RPG's I've played. I'm enjoying it a lot so far.

Anyone else playing Lego Batman? I bought it after my Microeconomics professor talked about it during class. It's really fun, and surprisingly lengthy.

Lego Batman was fun (I beat it). Kinda dissapointed that the two secret characters were Hush and Ra's Al Ghul...and there was no super-secret character like Superman or something like that in the game.

I have the DS version too, and after I deal with some of the other DS games I have, I'll give that one a try.

I got Baseball Mogul for my birthday a month ago for the PC (I'm bitter that they did away with Madden and the MLB games for the PC) and I really like it. Especially when you can go back in time and be any team in MLB history. I'm in the midst of a season with the 1964 Cardinals. IRL, the Cards won the division when the Phillies blew a 6 1/2 game lead with 15 games to play. In my season, it's August 1 and the Cards hold a 7 game lead on the Phillies and Dodgers.

I think it would be cool to see the EA games do that. I know you can play into the future, but what if with the NBA games gave you the chance to be the Lakers' Showtime teams of the 80s? Or play the America's Team Cowboys of the '70s?

Mods aplenty for MVP 05 on the PC as well, if you're after a more graphically-intensive baseball game.

MVPMODS.com has been great with yearly mods of MVP 05

With my 360 dead, and my Wii doing absolutely nothing to alleviate the boredom I downloaded Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 UNDUB.

This fucking game.

For one, you draw out your "powers" by SHOOTING YOURSELF IN THE HEAD. For two, it plays unlike any other RPG I've ever played...It's part relationship sim (Not so much Dating), part RPG, part monster collector, part I dunno what exactly...The fact that you basically have an area where you can at will grind your character is a novel idea. The fact that you can split up your party at will and have them fight on their own is as well, and the fact that you have to monitor your fatique is very interesting. Fight too much, you get sick and you suck when sick. There's even stats for stuff like academics that take time and energy to raise, all of it leading to the fatique issue.

The undub thing is a facinating new thing in the "hacks" world it seems...They rip out the English voice work, and replace it with the original Japanese. Soo much more enjoyable. The horrible English dubs were part of why I never checked out many RPG's these days. Their just so bad.

Mods aplenty for MVP 05 on the PC as well, if you're after a more graphically-intensive baseball game.

The graphics of those mods are great, but the stats for the players are just fucked up. I was playing with the 2008 season opening rosters and before I broke down and edited Delgado, he was hitting ~.400 with 35 homers in mid-June. Hot zones all high and all in + pitchers dumb enough to throw stuff there = shitton of dingers off the scoreboard in Shea.

The graphics of those mods are great, but the stats for the players are just fucked up. I was playing with the 2008 season opening rosters and before I broke down and edited Delgado, he was hitting ~.400 with 35 homers in mid-June. Hot zones all high and all in + pitchers dumb enough to throw stuff there = shitton of dingers off the scoreboard in Shea.

Yeah, I play a pretty modest difficulty, but I don't think I had a guy on my roster batting under .300 (most top guys over .400) and I usually end up with 1 or 2 pictures with an ERA over 2.00....all this while I regularly give up 10+ hits per game.

I never minded the jacked up batting averages because, like most baseball game players, I drew like, two non-intentional non-beanball walks between the start of the season and when I lost the save. It was the power numbers that irritated me.