TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Guest NYankees

Does anybody here have any interest in The Godfather. It comes out in a week.

Guest NYankees

People on gamefaqs.com were speculating that. It is coming out 6 months after the Japanese version like the previous games. October sounds about right, especially before the christmas holiday.

In personal useless news, I finally finished San Andreas on Friday. I had been avoiding playing the final mission for the past 3 months with the move and all. color me a bit unimpressed by the ending.

Color me unimpressed with GTA in general unless San Andreas is just radically differant, which I doubt

it was good if it was your very first GTA game. My GTA experience goes: half ass into Vice City-never completed (I think i got to where you take over the Diaz mansion), San Andreas-completed, Vice City-completed, GTA 3-competed.

Ya never finished Vice City? Shit man, that's the one I love the most. I started up a game the other day and realized I had to start playing it from the start all over again. Still great.

In personal useless news, I finally finished San Andreas on Friday. I had been avoiding playing the final mission for the past 3 months with the move and all. color me a bit unimpressed by the ending.

Color me unimpressed with GTA in general unless San Andreas is just radically differant, which I doubt

it was good if it was your very first GTA game. My GTA experience goes: half ass into Vice City-never completed (I think i got to where you take over the Diaz mansion), San Andreas-completed, Vice City-completed, GTA 3-competed.

Ya never finished Vice City? Shit man, that's the one I love the most. I started up a game the other day and realized I had to start playing it from the start all over again. Still great.

no no, I DID finish Vice City, I was saying the first time I played it I didn't get around to finishing it, beat San Andreas first, THEN went back and beat Vice City. Guess I shouldn't have said "never completed" the first time! :P

May be old, but here's the Jackie Chan Street Fighter fight scene from City Hunter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wuvB4EPaFE

Note: the movie itself is terribly painful, so this is easily the best part.

Are you kiddding? City Hunter is tons of fun! I love that movie, and not even in a God-this-is-campy way. I just rewatched it, as a matter of fact. It's Jackie at his slapstick best. The American DVD sucks(I think it's dubtitled) but the story is simple enough to get along. Most of the movie is just great physical comedy. The Street Fighter scene is definately the best part, though.

You either love the Street Fighter scene in City Hunter or you hate life after viewing it. There is no in between.

Dude that was better than the actual street fighter movie.

You say that like it is hard to achieve or something.

Good point

May be old, but here's the Jackie Chan Street Fighter fight scene from City Hunter.

Are you kiddding? City Hunter is tons of fun! I love that movie, and not even in a God-this-is-campy way. I just rewatched it, as a matter of fact. It's Jackie at his slapstick best. The American DVD sucks(I think it's dubtitled) but the story is simple enough to get along. Most of the movie is just great physical comedy. The Street Fighter scene is definately the best part, though.

Mine was dubbed. The first 15 minutes were just too embarrassing to watch and I never got past that part.

The US SF movie was great...in awful ways.

Mine was dubbed. The first 15 minutes were just too embarrassing to watch and I never got past that part.

The US SF movie was great...in awful ways.

Oh, well, I think that dub was done in '93 before Jackie got big and started dubbing his own movies. The DVD's subs look off, especially on names, but the Cantonese track does help, I think.

Guest Smues

Bah humbug. My copy of Suikoden V arrived today (really fucking quickly I might add) from gamestop.com, but I didn't get the pre-order bonus (artbook and cd). Even though it shows them on my order and even lists the pre-order bonus specifically as having shipped. So I guess I get to wait a few days and see if they show up. If not I get to send it back and try to hunt down the art-book and cd. Fucking Gamestop.

Beatmania for PS2 comes out this upcoming Tuesday and I already put the money down for the bundle. I saw the reviewers at EGM gave it a 7, a 4.5 and a 5, but screw that.

Let us know if it's any good. From what I've seen, it looks like it's going to be a fairly bastardized version of IIDX, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

The official title for the Nintendo DS game is The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

The game was officially shown for the first time at the event. Designed in the style of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass features similar cel-shaded stylings for its 3D engine, with traditional top-down gameplay (using a hovering and semi-mobile camera in a locked perspective) and a map along the bottom screen.

New Zelda DS title has a name. Can't wait to play it in 12 years.

SOURCE PLEASE?!??!

(EDIT: nevermind, thanks for the heads up)

Wind waker art style, traditional top-down gameplay...I'm so freakin' there.

When it was mentioned that a four swords style title was cancelled and started anew as something different, I wondered...

So in more gaming news, Gamespot.com has an article saying that the Sega and Hudson are going to allow their Sega Genesis and Turbographix games to be played on the Revolution in the same way you'll be able to play the old school Nintendo games....HOW FREAKING SWEET IS THAT!?

It's very sweet, but TGX had...Bonk and...?

Considering Sega's utterly incompetent attempts at classic collections, it'll be nice to see, especially all of those rare imports that are hard to even find ROMs for.

But will it play the TG CD games like the Castlevania game Rondo de Blood (?) which is suppose to be the greatest version of Dracula X ever made.

But will it play the TG CD games like the Castlevania game Rondo de Blood (?) which is suppose to be the greatest version of Dracula X ever made.

It's the only "version" of Dracula X, right? The SNES game is Dracula XX and is a different game, and although SotN is considering part of the same "series" it's not a "version" of the game. It bridged the gap between the old school titles and Castletroid.

It would be great to see. Considering that Konami cracked down on distribution of the ISO, I thought they had plans to release it here (IGA likes the game and has pushed for it, but nothing came of it).

Renegade has played it and says it's a good game, but is screaming for an arranged mode because of the cheap hits, which makes it rather unbalanced and frustrating.