TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

If Sony delays, maybe Nintendo can actually arrive with the competition this time round.

The agonising wait for the plethora of mind-blowingly awesome DS games to come is killing me. Super Mario 64 DS is great fun, but I want my Advance Wars DS and Mario Kart DS and Sonic Dash and...*goes off on hour-long tangent*

Nintendo's problem has been that their exclusive third-party support has always been lacking in comparison to the Playstations, X-Box, etc.

This is partly due to the fact that they use "specialty" media to store their games (cartridges on N64 vs. CDs for PS1, mini-discs for GameCube vs. DVDs for PS2 and X-Box).

If their next model uses a standard form of media and gets good third-party exclusives in addition to their excellent first-party Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc. series of games, they COULD become the leader of that generation of system.

Given recent history, though, I'd say they'll do something that will accidentally piss off third-party companies, which will limit their third-party games to the same stuff that's ported across all three platforms.

Both XB 360 and Rev are supposed to use standard DVDs, I believe.

Although, history has shown us once a VG company is knocked out of the number one spot, they never attain it again.

And since Nintendo isn't a huge MNC with tons of other industries under its umbrella to provide it with cash, I don't see it happening.

I can't argue with that really, Killer 7 is all kinds of fucked up especially

Curtis throwing the girls severed head into the guys lap before shooting him, and all the children on the hooks, and the cum stains on the chair, and dead prostitute...the list goes on really.

EDIT: Also this is good news cause it will help Killer 7 sales which have been pretty atrocious so far.

If you're an SNK fan but didn't get a Terry hat because you didn't like Maximum Impact, if you pre-order King of Fighters 02/03 for Xbox at GameStop, you get a Terry hat.

It's something.

I just found a translated ROM of Clock Tower for the SNES.

This is one truly creepy game. Great to see where the roots for survival horror games come from as well. Scissorman has carved me in every single outing so far and pretty much diced all of my friends as well. I understand he is a murderous bastard and all, but he's fucking 4 feet tall for God's sake. A swift kick to the skull would set him straight.

http://www.mmhp.net/

PLOT

Dr. Thomas Light created a robot he named "Mega Man X" which was the first of its kind to be able to think and make its own decisions. Fearing that this new robot could be dangerous, but lacking the time to find out for sure himself, Dr. Light sealed X in a capsule to be opened in the future, when the robot's loyalty could be determined.

A man by the name of Dr. Cain found X's capsule and released the robot despite the warnings Dr. Light had posted on the capsule. This new scientist was immediately impressed by X's advanced, humanlike intelligence, and using X as a model--though there were things he had to change since he either didn't understand how they worked, or he wasn't able to duplicate them--Cain created more robots similar to X which he hence called "Reploids." Unfortunately for Dr. Cain, Dr. Light's greatest fear came true. The new robots rebelled against humankind and became a powerful enemy called the Mavericks.

True and loyal, X took it upon himself to stop the Mavericks, which were led by Sigma, one of Dr. Cain's Reploids. X wasn't alone, however; he was almost immediately aided by the mysterious Zero. He also encountered capsules left by the late Dr. Light, which possessed holographic messages from the scientist, and useful power-up items. Using these power-ups, X increased his meager abilities and brought himself back on par with his enemies--and beyond.

During a climatic fight with Vile, Zero destroyed himself to save X, allowing X to slay Vile. Alone now, X went on to defeat Sigma and bring the Maverick uprising to a halt.

This is the tale of Mega Man X1.

Eventually more Reploids went Maverick, spawning a group of sane robots to form the Maverick Hunters. Led by X, they struggled to fight off the forces that were trying to eliminate all of mankind. During this, X discovered that Zero's parts were in the hands of three X-Hunters, Agile, Violen, and Serges. X also discovered exactly into who's hands Zero was to be delivered--namely, Sigma.

Despite the odds, Zero was rebuilt, no worse for wear, and the Maverick Hunters put Sigma out of commission.

For a time.

This is where the tale of Mega Man X2 ends and the story of Mega Man X3 picks up. Dr. Doppler, a Reploid scientist, is possessed by a virus that is none other than Sigma himself, reduced to portable computer code. Sigma finds bounty in this form, however, since it allows him to inhibit whatever robot body he wants. He gets Doppler to construct for him a giant, invincible body, but almost before he can get inside it, X shows up at his front door to take him down.

Sigma's third fall to a special anti-virus developed by Doppler is no more guaranteed to be his last than any of his others. In fact, he pops up perfectly healthy in Mega Man X4 to start a war between the Maverick Hunters and the elite fighting team known as the Repliforce. And again in Mega Man X5 to cause a cataclysm related to the space colony Eurasia which crashes into the Earth, and the Nightmare Phenomena in Mega Man X6 which plagued Reploids and created some unusual circumstances. Sigma was also behind the attacks by a Reploid group called Red Alert in Mega Man X7, where Axl's shape-changing abilities were the prize to a bizarre game. In fact, Sigma even had his gloves in the events of Mega Man X8, although he can't be blamed completely for that (or can he?). It is yet to be seen what, if anything, will be required to finish Sigma off for good.

On the other hand, the Maverick Hunters, by now in full swing with X and Zero being the key players, are joined by Signas, Alia, and others help behind the scenes, and the Reploid known as Axl who has become a full-fledged Hunter. Axl is a prototype to a new generation of Reploids which can copy the appearances and abilities of other Reploids. By the time of Mega Man X8, such Reploids are being mass-produced. This can only result in chaos, and what humans remain are now attempting to flee to the moon, abandoning the earth to the mayhem that their Reploid creations caused.

For more information, check out the various game hint pages for details about the plots that this history lacks

Guest Prodigy

Can anyone recommend me some PS2 online games? I've got Madden '05 and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Some shooters would be nice.

Just don't try and use the car in the garage otherwise you get a real shitty ending.

Thanks for the advice.

I must say that the bloody parrot is more a nuisance than Scissorman Bobby. How in the blue hell does Jen die from A PARROT? He flies around her head a few times and she collapses. I'd accept it if Bobby actually can-a-knockin' from the parrot's noise, but I think she is literally killed by a squawk.

I may be in the minority here, but I prefer Vice City over San Andreas. I'm not knocking SA at all. It's still one of the greatest games I've ever played, but I prefer Vice City for some reason. Maybe because of the era. It was pretty damn awesome to be playing in the mid 1980s world with all the music, the looks, and the sounds of the time. And VCPR is easily the funniest thing I've ever heard in video games.

Anyone else think Vice City was the best GTA?

Guest Vitamin X
Although, history has shown us once a VG company is knocked out of the number one spot, they never attain it again.

Then again, video games haven't really been around for THAT long (30 years or so, perhaps?) to really use history as an argument..

Then again, video games haven't really been around for THAT long (30 years or so, perhaps?) to really use history as an argument..

True, but with the barriers to entry rising, the industry starting to become the playground of two huge conglomerates, and the long, humiliating slide that the losers take (losing 30-50% market share in a single generation sometimes), I don't see it changing.

Yet another Madden out, and I'm annoyed. Not because OMG EA IZ EVIL, but it means more Madden games cluttering up the used game shelves. It's bad enough Gamestops and EBs have about 50 copies of assorted Maddens on PS1 already.

Face it, EB/GS, unless it's a classic (like Tecmo Bowl, NBA Jam) most of these sports games are going to sit there for years. If they're Maddens older than two years, just about NOBODY is going to buy them unless the discs are solid gold and the manuals are autographed by the appropriate Super-Bowl winning team.

Gamestop especially pisses me off with it, because they got those super-thin plastic cases that you can't see the title of without flipping through it.

"Madden, Madden, Madden...Tony Hawk, Tony Hawk, Tony Hawk...Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider Tomb Raider...."

Whoa, Kevin Nash is in it.

It's sad they couldn't get Hogan to play Bass. Funny that his show has him playing the same crazed, overprotective father character that Bass basically is.

I guess the movie will be half this:

http://japanboob.ytmnd.com/

And half goofy fighting and dialogue.

What's "WON"?

I got an NBA Jam for Genesis with Barkley in it. Heard those were very limited. Are they?

Okay, Japan has odd fetishes...although this one isn't flat out disturbing as many of them are:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MiniSkirt-Police-Sega-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Why does it look like they made those outfits out of blue raincoats, though?

(No, I didn't bid. =P)

Wrestling Observer Newsletter. The context was Meltzer was discussing Rock's movie roles, mentioning how people at the San-Di-Comi-Con or whatever it was popped for / enjoyed the Doom trailer but that the movie is expected to be trashed by video game players for its not from the game plot.

I just found a translated ROM of Clock Tower for the SNES.

This is one truly creepy game. Great to see where the roots for survival horror games come from as well. Scissorman has carved me in every single outing so far and pretty much diced all of my friends as well. I understand he is a murderous bastard and all, but he's fucking 4 feet tall for God's sake. A swift kick to the skull would set him straight.

Go and try the PS1 version.

And suffer.