TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

I've never understood why people say games like Devil May Cry 3 and Ninja Gaiden are too hard. Those games are nothing compared to old 8 and 16 bit games. If DMC3 was a SNES game it would be insane since there'd probably be no saving and you'd have a set number of lives.

I've gotta say that the Ninja Gaiden NES trilogy is probably one of the hardest things I've ever played...even WITH a game genie...

Yeah the first time I saw one I just briefly looked at the TV and saw VF2 for Genesis.

I hope Quake 4 is just like Doom 3.

After seeing the movie Doom I went to Wallmart and noticed Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil was out for Xbox. When did this happen? I haven't heard ANYTHING about it in the press or online. I thought it was still months away. Anyway, this is awesome. I can't remember the last time I was surprised by a game release. I usually know when everything I want is coming out right down to it's release date. Unlike most people I actually liked Doom 3....

I didn't see any advertisements for the game, but I waswell awareof its release dueto message board hype. It came out near the beginningof October.

In regards to the discussion of game difficulty, while a lot of older games are devilishly difficult, I actually have more trouble with certain newer releases, while I can breeze through the first 7 supposedly hard Mega Man games (NES and SNESversions, not Anniversary Collection with auto-firing) in a single day.

I've never understood why Megaman games have a reputation for being hard. Them being so easy is part of the reason I like them so much, especially back when I was a kid and thought other platformers were hard. You get infinite continues so you can just keep trying and in the X games there's so many heart tanks and powerups.

X6 is an annoying kind of hard.

The classic versions usually had their tough sections (those platforms that drop out, the blocks that vanish/reappear), but overall weren't that bad compared to other games since you had passwords.

The Zero games are nasty, though.

I'm probably about a year late getting on this bandwagon, but Astro Boy: Omega Factor is one of the best handheld games I've ever played.

Guest Essa_Angelico

Not too sure if this has been posted yet. Does this warrant a thread?

http://torrentspy.com/article.asp?id=3817&pg=2

So will the 360 not using HD-DVD hurt it's sales or the consoles life-span?

Personally I know the game might not need that much space but I think a big selling point of the 360 was any future HD-DVD features.

Guest Askewniverse

So, who wants to see another video game franchise turned into a (more than likely) bad movie?

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111793219...79&cs=1&s=h&p=0

Steven Paul's Crystal Sky Pictures has bought the rights to long-running Konami vidgame franchise "Castlevania" and has set helmer Paul W.S. Anderson("Alien vs. Predator") to adapt and direct.

Paul and Crystal Sky president Benedict Carver will produce along with Anderson and Jeremy Bolt, who are partnered in Impact Pictures.

Pic will focus on the origins of Dracula and the uprising of the Belmont Clan, a vampire-slaying family who supposedly become humanity's last hope.

"Castlevania" was first released in 1986. The latest version, "Castlevania: Curse of Darkness," comes out Stateside on Nov. 8.

Crystal Sky has Columbia's "Ghost Rider," starring Nicolas Cage and Eva Mendes, in post-production.

Impact Pictures pics include "Mortal Kombat" and the "Resident Evil""Resident Evil" franchise.

Production is slated to start in mid-2006; no casting has been set.

if they'd have tweaked the story, hired two lead actors that actually had some chemistry together and made it, you know, decent, Van Helsing could have easily been Castlevania...

Alright call me crazy but that could potentially be quite awesome.

You're a fool.

Anderson's mediocre video game movies turned out relatively well because they (MK, Resident Evil) were based on schlock in the first place.

This will be Van Helsing, but stupider.

W.S. Anderson is by no means a good director. It's pushing it to call him average. I mean, he's not even as good as Ratner, and *maybe* is on par with McG.

Yeah, he isn't Boll, but have we set our sights so low that WS making a movie based on a game is acceptable?!

if they'd have tweaked the story, hired two lead actors that actually had some chemistry together and made it, you know, decent, Van Helsing could have easily been Castlevania...

I'll take even the Bible-quoting, "have at you!" Dracula over Roxborough. VH was directed by a guy who allegedly had lots of love for the Universal monsters, but was completely and utterly clueless about what made those movies work. It wasn't cgi and big stupid action scenes, after all.

Cornell should be the hero--he's already got it in him to kill Dracula....

I wouldn't mind them hiring some of the folks who designed the sets/outfits/etc though from VH, cuz that stuff was pretty good at least.

from 1up.com, some new US release dates:

GCN

Chibi Robo (2/6), Odama (3/6)

GBA

Drill Dozer, (2/6) Tales of Phantasia (3/6)

DS

Electroplankton (1/9), True Swing Golf (1/23), Super Princess Peach (2/27), Metroid Prime Hunters (3/20)

So Tales of Phantasia finally comes to the US, like a decade since the original Super Famicom release. Ah well. :)

I just got a (free) PS2, but the only game I have is the DDR Extreme that they left in the console, so since I didn't have the mat thing I played it with the controllers. I'm done, but now I'm clicking on things in rhythm with whatever song is playing on WMP. :-\

Holy shit, Odama's still coming out?! *dusts off2 pairs of DK Bongos* Super Princess Peach, Electroplankton, and best of all, another Tales game coming to the US?! Fucking awesome. I don't care how old it is. I've been dying for another game in that series since Tales of Symphonia, my favorite RPG ever and one of my all time top 5 games.

Why is it taking Metroid Prime Hunters so long to come out? It was one of the hyped games before the DS even launched.

Did anyone play the new Area 51? It's a pretty good Halo clone.

I don't understand why they'd make a Castlevania movie. The series doesn't seem very mainstream and the story isn't original anyway.

Somewhat along the lines of the Castlevania movie thing:

If a Legend of Zelda movie was put into production, who would you want to make it?

Me? The people who did the Lord of the Rings movies.

I just picked up Vagrant Story again and finally got through the part where I had been killed numerous times after going a long way without saving. This is one of the best RPGs all time, IMO. The battle system is so incredibly complex and rewarding once you get a feel for it, which didn't really take very long for me but I like games that make you spend almost as much time navigating menus as actually fighting enemies. Preparation is key.

Somewhat along the lines of the Castlevania movie thing:

If a Legend of Zelda movie was put into production, who would you want to make it?

Me?  The people who did the Lord of the Rings movies.

Agreed. Hell, even get Orlando Bloom to play Link.