TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Guest T®ITEC

You sure do like that word.

I think I'll be getting to play Fatal Frame III tomorrow. I'm hoping it isn't too much like SH4, although the basic concept sounds similiar. Still, this "otherworld/dream world" thing is a different from the first two games. Maybe they'll pull it off.

Kinda cool how the series has developed. The graphics in 1 were lacking, the game system itself was horrible (impossible ghost behaviour, close shots not counting, getting stuck on walls and doorways), but the story was all right. And scary as hell. 2 wasn't as gruesome, the story was great, the graphics were lovely, and the game system was tons better. 3 is supposed to kind of conclude everything.

FF3 has three different characters to play as, each with their own strengths, which is new to the series/awesome. And no gimpy sister to haul around, no idiotic brother to chase. I'm psyched.

:wub:

THAT IS AWESOME!!

I loved Tron as a kid and on one hand I'm shocked they'd go to it since it's one of Disney's lesser franchises. Kinda like if they had gone to The Black Hole. On the other hand it's been a popular franchise for video games (Tron, Tron 2.0, etc.). I hope they manage to get Bruce Boxlietner, Jeff Bridges, David Warner, and the rest to do voice work.

I recall that being a rumour a while ago but I didn't think it would happen. That is quite awesome. When is this game coming out again?

Also it's almost mid-November, where the hell is MMXC?

Edit: I guess it's now coming out the first week of December. I'll beleive it when I see it.

I'm pissed. I preordered a 360 from Ritz Camera's website (don't laugh, it's the only one I could find that wasn't sold out) back in the middle of September. I confirmed everything for them, and specifically asked them if it was going to ship at launch. They assured me that yes, they were still taking orders on the launch shipment. They sent me an email every week or so confirming the order.

I started getting antsy and called them on Wednesday just to make sure. What do I hear? "Well, we're getting them shipped directly from Microsoft so we're not sure how many we're getting for shipment on November 22." When I ask if there's any way I can contact the supplier directly, they rep starts stammering. I get nervous, but I figure that they haven't told me one way or the other so I'm still OK. Then on Thursday I get an email saying:

"Dear Valued Customer:

Thank you for your recent Xbox 360 order. Our supplier, who works directly with Microsoft, has informed us that the Xbox 360 will be in extremely short supply throughout the Holiday season and into the beginning of next year.

Unfortunately as a result of this short supply, many orders will not be fulfilled in time for the Holiday season.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will notify you when the Xbox 360 becomes available. Your credit card will not be charged until your order is actually shipped.

Sincerely,

Customer Service"

So now I'm stuck. I can't afford 2 Xboxes, so I can't go to Best Buy, Wal-Mart, or anyone who might "midnight madness" them because I don't know if Ritz will come though with a 360 and charge me for it. But if I don't make alternate arrangements and Ritz craps out, I'm screwed royally. I'm just pissed that they wouldn't plan ahead and let people know what they've got to work with.

Guest Leelee

I'm playing Skies of Arcadia for the 10th time. I love this game, so much. I also love my Dreamcast. I love the screen on my VMU. I miss this system so much.

I traded in Skies: Legends toward a PS2. The game was great, but I have about 47 million RPGs to play before it, plus it had no case, and I have a burned copy of the DC version.

But I never would have guessed you liked the game from your avatar. :P

Ape Escape 3 is coming to the US at last!

I think so, at least.

Gamestop has some dummy boxes for AE3, listed with SCEA as an apparent publisher and 2006 apparent for release, but none of the GS clerks I asked in any stores have found a release date in the computer, and I haven't seen an official announcement for its release.

However, dummy box still listed PS2 for the system to be released and only PS2, so doesn't seem to be a port to PSP.

I traded in 6 games at GR for a PlayStation 2 and a preorder on Smackdown vs. Raw 2006. I have $5 credit left, and due to recent expenses, I have precious little cash to spare.

What's the cheapest PS2 memory card? All the ones I've seen are $20-25, but they must have a cheap version like every other system does.

On average, how many save files do those things hold?

official ps2 memory cards have crap for capacity, the third party ones with expanded size (and usually cheaper price for that larger capacity) can hold a lot more though.

It really depends on the game. For a platformer that needs to just keep track of which missions were completed it might take 90 KB.

The recent SD games, which could be holding a dozen or more CAWs, edits made to existing characters movesets, custom this and that, career mode progree--those may take 1/3 to nearly 1/2 of a memory card.

The worst save file ever (from what I've seen) was the first PS2 SD! game (Just Bring It, I believe). It took up 4MB of space and took FOREVER to save over / load up. Thankfully they have drastically reduced that.

The worst for me was sports games on the N64. The memory cards had 123 blocks (with mine being a 4 way switcher that had 123 in each) and almost all sports titles took up the entire 123.

I believe the 2K Sports games on the Dreamcast also took up a significant portion of the total memory.

Guest T®ITEC

I had to leave my friend's place with about an hour left in Fatal Frame III. That was painful. ANOTHER STUPID HOUR GRR~

So right now she's beating it without me. I'm glad the person she likes so much died. Hah.