TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Smackdown VS Raw 2006

If for some reason you people wish to make female CAWs and not have them restricted like they are normally (like, if I had a PS2 and this game, I would do this with a Bull Nakano CAW), here's codes that will allow that.

(M)

F0100008 0000000E

CB2 & GS2v3+ (NTSC)

CAW 1

003DEA48 00000000

CAW 2

003DEFF8 00000000

CAW 3

003DF5A8 00000000

CAW 4

003DFB58 00000000

CAW 5

003E0108 00000000

CAW 6

003E06B8 00000000

CAW 7

003E0C68 00000000

CAW 8

003E1218 00000000

CAW 9

003E17C8 00000000

CAW 10

003E1D78 00000000

CAW 11

003E2328 00000000

CAW 12

003E28D8 00000000

CAW 13

003E2E88 00000000

CAW 14

003E3438 00000000

CAW 15

003E39E8 00000000

CAW 16

003E3F98 00000000

CAW 17

003E4548 00000000

CAW 18

003E4AF8 00000000

CAW 19

003E50A8 00000000

CAW 20

003E5658 00000000

CAW 21

003E5C08 00000000

CAW 22

003E61B8 00000000

CAW 23

003E6768 00000000

CAW 24

003E6D18 00000000

CAW 25

003E72C8 00000000

CAW 26

003E7878 00000000

CAW 27

003E7E28 00000000

CAW 28

003E83D8 00000000

CAW 29

003E8988 00000000

CAW 30

003E8F38 00000000

And once you save it, they are permanently set to that.

Are you serious? Too many counters? WTF? The whole point of the counter system is so that you can counter any move.

Why should a big damage powerbomb be as easy to counter as a simple body slam?

If I didn;t know better, I would say you;re asking such a question to just be contrary.

I jumped right in with a CAW, as I didn;t see the control scheme as something so radically different that I needed to warm up. I have to say that the CAW engine is so different, it took me almost two hours to create my namesake from start to finish, and even then there is some tweaking that needs to be done. So far so goodin story mode, though I must say that I got a perverse thrill out of beating Trips for the title with a much inferior CAW, even if Bischoff ripped it from me in some sort of swerve.

Virgil Runnels clause, indeed.

So....anybody have any tips for GM Mode?

It seems as if the only way you're guaranteed to beat the other brand every week is to stack the card with a ridiculous amount of gimmick matches with the best workers on the roster. As the Smackdown brand, this approach has worked for me up until Judgment Day, where the PPV got a four-star rating. Unfortunately, looking over my roster now, almost all of the Main Eventers are completely fatigued, which leaves me in a hole. Yet I'm almost sure, if I didn't take this approach, my brand would be in a much worse position than it is now financially.

Does anybody have any strategies or tips for handling GM mode -- particularly booking the shows to receive the most fans?

I got GM of the year by simply having it do the automated card generator thing over and over.

Rivalries are the key really. The only matches I had over **** were when the wrestlers were in a rivalry that had been going more than 3 weeks.

My best matches so far have been a Last Man Standing match between Undertaker and Booker T (****1/2) and a WWE Title Hell In A Cell main event at No Mercy, which is my first ***** match. It was Randy Orton vs Batista.

Main event hype gives a nice boost to the rating too.

And unlock the legends, and hire them! I was struggling with injuries until I hired Bret , Austin was next, and I think I'll hire Hogan too.

I got GM of the year by simply having it do the automated card generator thing over and over.

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BUY THIS GAME?!! Seriously, you think the season mode is 4 months and you don't like it. You skip everything in GM Mode and let the PS2 do it himself. Where is the fun in that? You do seriously shit, you just look at what someone else did. Either you get bored WAY to fast or you just suck and can't do it yourself.

Cost of game: $50 plus tax.

Cost to unlock Bret Hart: $28,000 in-game dollars.

Cost of having Bret beat the shit out of HHH, then toss his sorry ass over the top rope to win the Royal Rumble: Priceless.

Guest Askewniverse

Are you serious? Too many counters? WTF? The whole point of the counter system is so that you can counter any move.

Why should a big damage powerbomb be as easy to counter as a simple body slam?

Because in "real life," a powerbomb can be as easy to counter as a bodyslam.

I was thinking about doing that, I think I will the next time I do it. I'm also going to plug in another controller and play both RAW and Smackdown

I'm one Challenge away from completing the Amateur Challenge Set...and it's to interrupt a Stolen Taunt, which the computer NEVER does. Never seen it done, in Season Mode, GM Mode, anywhere. Frustrating.

I did it the cheap way... I've also never seen the computer do it, so what you do is put in a second player and have him steal the taunt (should be a long one, just in case), and then you, the first player, interrupt.

I think I hate the GM mode.

I finally had my brand going at a decent momentum, and Triple H -- the Heavyweight Champion and most over guy at 93 popularity -- suddenly gets injured and is out for seven weeks. Despite the fact his fatigue wasn't even all that high. Now my ratings are falling again, and I'm still not sure on how to fix it.

Guest Leelee

Question on the GM mode:

Does it compare favorably to say, EWR's system?

Or, is it more like SD2's (the old PS1 game with Rock) create show stuff?

Question on the GM mode:

Does it compare favorably to say, EWR's system?

Or, is it more like SD2's (the old PS1 game with Rock) create show stuff?

It's more like create a show - you cant determine the winner unless you play the match.

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BUY THIS GAME?!! Seriously, you think the season mode is 4 months and you don't like it. You skip everything in GM Mode and let the PS2 do it himself. Where is the fun in that? You do seriously shit, you just look at what someone else did. Either you get bored WAY to fast or you just suck and can't do it yourself.

Calm down. I said I like story mode.

"You do seriously shit"? That doesn't even make sense. I played a few months of GM mode, thought it was boring so I started skipping everything. What's the big deal? I am not the only one to hate it.

I guess Anya could always just go back to those dime a dozen fighting games because it's SO COOL for her.

Yeah like smackdown games are not "dime a dozen"?

but yes, Tekken 5, Soul Calibur II and Street Fighter III 3rd Strike are SO COOL.

Because in "real life," a powerbomb can be as easy to counter as a bodyslam

I guess so, but it doesn't translate well to games.

Calm down. I said I like story mode.

"You do seriously shit"? That doesn't even make sense. I played a few months of GM mode, thought it was boring so I started skipping everything. What's the big deal? I am not the only one to hate it.

I guess Anya could always just go back to those dime a dozen fighting games because it's SO COOL for her.

Yeah like smackdown games are not "dime a dozen"?

but yes, Tekken 5, Soul Calibur II and Street Fighter III 3rd Strike are SO COOL.

Because in "real life," a powerbomb can be as easy to counter as a bodyslam

I guess so, but it doesn't translate well to games.

It's a matter of preference really. To some people, the SD games are awesome (Ok no one likes Just Bring It), to others, they are not awesome. Same with fighting games. I'm sorry but I don't understand what's so good about them. You're basically mashing buttons. There's no real skill involved in it.

GM Mode reminds me of Extreme Warfare Deluxe. Good feuds mean the populatity of both wrestlers involved goes up. But usually, a less popular wrestler will take popularity from a wrestler he beats. If the match is good, they gain more and the other guy loses less.

Pretty simple stuff. I always enjoyed EWD. EWR and it's sequal are too long winded for me...

If you are struggling with injuries and finding it hard to put out a good rating, don't forget title matches and changes boost ratings, and this game doesn't mind a title change every week. In fact, I think there's an length of time of just three weeks before a champ is considered stale in this game.

Anyone had people demanding title shots yet? I wish there was an icon next to Email to say there are new messages, because I was always forgetting to check it... about 3 people had demanded title shots... no wonder their morale was in the toilet.

I tell you, GM mode is there to be mastered so you can put out **** shows every week... one you've built up enough cash... change the free agency settings and add the legends... then snap 'em up...

A bit unrealistic maybe... but I think it's the only way since so many of the guys only have about 30 pop at the start and are ratings death...

You might mash buttons but that doesn't mean everyone else is. Good fighters have depth, require skill, technique and intelligence to play well. That's what makes them fun.

Why doesn't anyone like Just Bring It? I don't remember it being bad. I think all these Smackdown games have been better than the last.

I'm going through story mode again as Randy Orton. started a new story against HHH and Flair.

I think Anya is complaining about the counters because in other, quality fighting games, if you go for a parry or a counter, if you fuck up even a little bit, you get decimated.

Parrying in SF3 is tapping forward right when you get hit.

Reversals in Tekken are usually back and a throw.

Either way, you'd be worse off if you failed than if you just sat and turtled. But if you succeed, there's a payoff.

Because every move is equally counterable, and no move is made any more damaging from a failed counter, it takes some tech out of the game.

The real flaw with wrestling games is that they've usually gone for style over substance. It's still a fighting game. Why not make it as deep as Tekken?

Right. Like with the parry in SF3 you have to decide if it's worth the risk in going with a parry. How much life do you have? If you're very low on life you can't take much more chip damage from blocking so the parry may be your only way to survive. How difficult is the move to parry? If it's just a simple fireball you'd be much more willing to go for the parry than if it was a multi hit super. What do you stand to gain from a successful parry? If you have super meter you could score huge round winning damage if not it may not be worth it. Sometimes moves come out so fast you must guess ahead of time before parrying, so you have to learn your opponent and anticipate what they will do...putting yourself at risk. Then there's all the mind games, like baiting a parry so you can counter attack or mixing it up with throws(which can't be parried).

In Smackdown the only strategy is wether or not it's a strike or throw.

Anyone go from the middle of a year to, all of a sudden, be two weeks away from the Rumble in season mode? Its like I skipped SummerSlam til the end of the year and didnt even try.....not sure why that happened.

It always happens. There is no set year. You just randomly go from one story to the next. Like the Tag Team with Eugene story ALWAYS takes place at Taboo Tuesday and Survivor Series no matter when you do it.

I think there's only like 4 different stories per show too and some of the paths are impossible to lose. Like you seemingly cannot lose the royal rumble. You just try until you win, if you quit the season ends. Season mode is very limited. It's really cool the first couple of times. Once you've gone through like 3 or 4 times you start to see the same things over and over.

Guest GoJoe

GM mode is boring.

Season mode is limited.

...and yet I'm still playing because Yuke's finally brought back title matches in exhibition. So simple and yet so missed. Shame about create a PPV though, always a big fan of that but the game not recording your results is a real drag.

I thought it was a bit weak that the opening of the game (until I played again it became the Raw opening) was just the opening of SmackDown, featuring people like MNM and LOD who aren't even in the game (well, Heidenreich is, but not LOD Heidenreich).

Other than that (and the top rope finisher problem I had a few times with Eddie, noted by another poster using RVD) I've been enjoying myself in exhibition matches.

Has anyone ran into an alleged glitch where the computer puts you into the sleeper hold and you can't break it, even if you do it right? Some people on GameFAQs are complaining about it being "broken" while other people are just accusing them of doing it wrong. Since I've never been put in a sleeper, I don't know.

I've also yet to see the "ice skating" irish whip glitch. Also, can matches end in double DQs somehow? I was doing a 6 man tornado tag and after a long period of time of every fall being broken (and the ref being hit several times, by accident) the bell just rang and it said "DQ" on the screen. No winner was declared.

Has anyone tried the GM Mode/Jake Roberts draft trick yet? I completed the Mode and couldn't find any legends on the draft list. Maybe I'm missing something..

Also, do you ever get the regular WWE Title or is it always the Cena Title? I beat him with Eddy and in the next match Eddy came out with the spinner belt. o_O