TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brett Favre

Cereals that taste worse as you get older

Guest Agent of Oblivion
You know whats good..

Cornpops covered in caramel.

Tastes exactly like caramel popcorn without the annoying bits that stick in your teeth.

Holy fucking shit, Marvin, that's the best idea I've ever seen. I'm making that today.

I could never eat a fruit flavoured cereal, glad they never really took off here. I'll say this, chocolate weetos (dunno if the US has the same or equivalent) taste far nicer dry than with milk.

I prefer Weetos in milk, but nonetheless they are the best cereal ever.

I, too, find myself enjoying "healthy" cereals now. I can eat Special K without even considering the drug reference.

Currently in my cabinet: Special K Fruit and Yogurt, Cocoa Pebbles, Corn Pops, Corn Chex, Vanilla Creme Frosted Mini Wheats, regular Frosted Mini Wheats, Oreo Os, Team Cheerios, Honey Gold Wheaties, Quaker Oatmeal Squares and Life.

I don't really eat cereal anymore but it probably mostly has to do with my reluctantcy to drink milk regularly just as much as the sugary cereals being bad for you.

On another note somewhat related, I think it is funny how names of cereals have changed over the years because of "health conciousness" My dad said when he was a kid, Corn Pops were called Sugar Pops, same with Golden Crisp, it was Sugar Crisp.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
I, too, find myself enjoying "healthy" cereals now. I can eat Special K without even considering the drug reference.

Currently in my cabinet: Special K Fruit and Yogurt, Cocoa Pebbles, Corn Pops, Corn Chex, Vanilla Creme Frosted Mini Wheats, regular Frosted Mini Wheats, Oreo Os, Team Cheerios, Honey Gold Wheaties, Quaker Oatmeal Squares and Life.

Why don't you just get the variety pack?

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Just buy several. It has to be cheaper than buying several whole boxes. I've never done the price comparison. I'm a one cereal at a time kinda guy. Right now it's Raisin Bran. Next week I'll probably eat the fuck out of some Golden Grahams.

Not to mention that in your old age your realize it really is just flavored cardboard.

old age?

Yea those marshmallows are to hard, thats why you have to let them soak in the milk for a few mins

even then, the texture is just...like when you bite down on a tooth, that's what biting into those marshmallows feels like. That's why I try and get them with as much of the regular type cereal as I can when I do eat it

King Crunch or some shit like that.  It had a guy with a crown on the box.  Loved it as a kid, tried some a while back and almost threw up.

King Vitamin... I used to have that when I was a kid.

I still am at upset how they killed my Crunch Berries... talk about overkill, it was perfectly fine with the strawberry flavored berries, but then they added all of these unnecessary flavors to where I would get ill just looking at the box.

Thank god they hadn;t changed the original Cap'n Crunch much...

Guest heyimbro
Fruity Pepples. At one time it was my favorite Cereal but now when I taste it, I can literally taste the sugar in it and it makes me sick. Cocoa Pebbless on the other hand...

They still make those?!?!

AWESOME.

Guest xSarahx

Even when I was younger I wasn't into the Cocoa Pebbles or really sweet cereals.

I've always been partial to Honey Bunches of Oats, Raisin Bran, and Frosted Shredded Wheat (Mini bites, :lol: )

I don't really eat cereal anymore but it probably mostly has to do with my reluctantcy to drink milk regularly just as much as the sugary cereals being bad for you.

On another note somewhat related, I think it is funny how names of cereals have changed over the years because of "health conciousness"  My dad said when he was a kid, Corn Pops were called Sugar Pops, same with Golden Crisp, it was Sugar Crisp.

It seems like they changed that in my generation too (I'm 21); I seem to remember Honey Smacks being called Sugar Smacks back in the day.

I've never been able to eat chocolate cereals, but for someone reason S'mores is probably my favorite cereal right now.

Guest wildpegasus

On another note somewhat related, I think it is funny how names of cereals have changed over the years because of "health conciousness"  My dad said when he was a kid, Corn Pops were called Sugar Pops, same with Golden Crisp, it was Sugar Crisp.

Cereal addict here. Love the stuff.

Sugar Crisp has beeen changed to Golden Grisp? When did that happen? Is that just in the States or something?

Guest wildpegasus
Used to love Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but now...bleh. Loving Special K with Berries, and Special K Almonds, or something like that.

Cinnamon Toast Cruch is probably my worst cereal ever. No doubt my hate for it was inspired some by those annoyingly stupid commercials.

INterestingly some of the stigma of cereal just being a kids' food is gone now. Growing up cereal was really looked at as just something for kids and only something alduts would eat very rarely. I always thought that was ridiculous and vowed never to give in to that train of though when I got older. Now you don't have to be looked at as foolish for eating cereal.

Even when I was younger I wasn't into the Cocoa Pebbles or really sweet cereals.

I've always been partial to Honey Bunches of Oats, Raisin Bran, and Frosted Shredded Wheat (Mini bites,  :lol: )

I didnt really ever ate any sugary cereals as a kid either...although it was because my parents shouldnt shill out the extra $1.50. lol, although i did use to like smacks but now i hate how it gives me a coat of shit on the roof of my mouth.

I still eat cereal often so I cant complain too much.

Actually Kellogs cinnamon krunchers are way better that CTC

sugar crisp? I have always known it as golden crisp back to when I was a kid.

when did they rename it honey smacks. for the longest time it has been called just "smacks" right? or am I crazy. actually I dont even like that kind of creal at all.

I like the cinnamon flavor life cereal

OHS is still the best though.

The other thing I'd like to know is who decided to raise prices on some of the cereals to $3. Or sometimes even $5 bucks for a box of cereal.

I just buy generic brands and save boatloads of cash. The girlfriend eats a lot of cereal, so we save something like 15 bucks a month just by buying generic brands of cereal.

We made an exception with Frosted Flakes. They had a lightsabre spoon in them that we wanted to collect all three colors of. We only got like, 15 red and 1 blue. :(

I don't eat cereal as much anymore and I'm partial to raisin bran or Kellogg's raisin bran crunch.

That's funny.

Cinnamon Life has not changed one bit since I remember eating it when I was a kid.

Speaking of that, Cap'n Crunch made a KILLER cinnamon version way WAY back in the day, when I was like 6 or so.. of course that was also back when grape flavored Tang was made... and yes, that kicked ass too...

I must try the new Peanut Butter Toast Crunch.

I remember French Toast Crunch was the worst tasting thing ever.

That, and Waffle Crisp.

I can't find Trix anywhere, do they still make that cereal?

Yeah, but about ten years ago they changed the puff shape from round to the shape of the fruit each flavor represented. It was never the same after that.

It's been so long, I had already forgotten that Trix used to be a round shaped cereal.

Like somebody brought up before, nowadays I just get a large bag of generic corn flakes and cocoa puffs. Tastes just about the same at a cheaper price.

Are they still selling the S'mores cereal? I thought those were friggin' great.