TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

The Guy You Like Who Actually Sucks

Yeah Scott Hall wasn't at all bad as Razor or the early NWO days. In fact he's the man.

Nash however is a guilty pleasure of mine, no matter how much he screwed up WCW I can't help but like the guy.

How about Max Moon? Most would probably think he sucked but I always dug him.

Add Big Show and Snitsky to my list.

I don't think he should really count, but I'm sure alot of people might say Steve Blackman sucks. I was ALWAYS a fan of his. Back in the day, I used to be a huge Tatanka fan, as well.

I liked Max Moon too. I thought he was cool because he reminded me of Mega Man. Plus I remember him having a pretty good match against HBK on one of the first Raw.

Seeing The Big Show on people list makes me kind of sad. As for me:

Chris Maters. He's pretty horrible but I enjoy the Masterlock challenge.

Johnny Stamboli. Easily the worst of the FBI but he was always my favorite.

Those are the only two I can really think of.

Add Nash as well to the list. Somehow I like the guy. I never liked Hogan though, his interviews just suck and he's too old for me to think he can actually beat a guy who's in his prime. He only sends shivers down my spine when he comes out because he's Hulk Hogan, that's all.

I wouldn't say Big Show sucks, he always entertains me.

Currently it's Carlito for now.

For the best unintentional comedy both in and out of the ring, you can't get better than Snitsky and Heidenreich. When they get together, it's comic gold.

Cue the shot of Michael Cole with the "Oh shit I'm gonna be fingercuffs tonight" look from this year's Rumble.

Can we extend this to tag-teams? If we can then it's got to be Kronik.

07.jpg

^^ Total badass

But it's definately got a lot more to do with Clarke than it has Adams.

Mark Jindrak

"Crazy" David Flair

Evan Karagias

I like Orton and Carlito, but wouldn't classify them as sucking. Orton got a lot better in the ring, and Carlito has great presence and charisma.

Hey!  Stamboli doesn't suck :(

Put me down for Stamboli & Palumbo.  I was digging A-Train for a while before he was let go.

Yeah, ditto on Stamboli and Palumbo.

A-Train was an awesome monster once he started bringing in stuff like the muscle buster and reverse full nelson.

Mark me down for Luther Reigns also.

I mark for local indy wrestlers Johnny Idol, DC Dillinger, and El Boricua, and I can't think of many reasons to mark for them. DC and Idol are both great heels, and Idol has had some good matches with Joe Cheche and DC is perfect as the psychology-master of Sabotage (as Eddie Edwards brings the workrate), but Boricua...I dunno. He's just fucking cool, and a nice as hell guy.

Of course, the flipside of this is my marking for Mercedes Martinez: one of the only female indy wrestlers that can actually WORK.

Guest JMA

I liked Max Moon too. I thought he was cool because he reminded me of Mega Man. Plus I remember him having a pretty good match against HBK on one of the first Raw.

I would've liked Max Moon if he was arrogant because he came from "the Moon."

905mooninites.jpg

How did I forget Bossman?

He was gold in 99.  From getting hanged in HIAC by Taker to feeding Al Snow his own dog to showing up at Big Show's dad funeral and towing the coffin away, then beating the Rock and actually getting a PPV title shot.  A career year for him.

Sure he sucked balls in the ring, but how can you hate "You're a nasty bastard! And your mama said so!"?

Can't believe I forgot Nash. Back in the mid-90's he wasn't a total slug in the ring, but I still liked him long after his prime had passed. He's always been good in a speaking role.

I echo these sentiments completely

Yeah, I also remember being pleasantly surprised at his WM 12 match with Taker.

I think being a tag team wrestler helped him a lot in WCW. It was a good wrestling role for him, especially since Hall could still really go at that point. And who could ever forget his announcing stint with Mike Tenay?

Guest jm29195

I remember being pleasantly suprised with the 2 Goldberg/Nash matches from 98/99, at Spring Stampede Nash actually pulled a leapfrog to counter a spear.....

I was a mark for crappy 03 Scott Steiner although it was probably really me just hoping against hope that he still had something left.....

I like Randy Orton also. Though I wouldn't go out of my way to go see him. I just wish the best for him.

This is pretty much how I feel about most wrestlers. I don't really like many who aren't "good," but Kane, with whom smarks have a love/hate relationship in terms of work quality, has always been a dude I've rooted for.

A couple of the guys that I have been a fan of for awhile include:

Chris Masters: I am a fan of the guy. He has an awesome entrance and I like the gimmick.

Psychosis: Been a huge fan of his since the mid 90's when I first saw the guy. One of my favorite luchadors even though he has lost a step in the ring.

A-Train: I thought he was a very good big man. Sadly the only thing the WWE played up the fact that he had back hair.

And just because he is kind of forgotten now, I marked out huge everytime I saw Blitzkrieg. The man was simply amazing.

I think the most impressive Nash moment is when he did a springboard crossbody to the floor against the Giant. I felt like Booker T... "Tell me I did not just see that."

I like Big Show but think he's actually pretty good, never had an issue with jobbing, works hard to take the bumps he does, and a cool guy.

Dusty Rhodes & the Honky Tonk Man come to mind. I thought A-Train was much less terrible than everyone said, and he could benefit from his spell in Japan.

Sid. He was one of my favourite wrestlers in early 90s WCW. There was just something that set him apart from basically every other heel on the roster until the rise of Vader. He just appeared to obliterate his opponents, which really stood out at the time. I've liked him throughout his career. In addition to the above there was also the feeling that what you were seeing was a lot more genuine with regards to his persona.

Barry Darsow. Yes, he sucks, but he just seemed to be enjoying himself so much that I just couldn't boo the guy. Repo Man was hilarious, and I even enjoyed his golfer character. Of course, Demolition was hugely successful, but I'm talking about his post-Smash career.

Those are the two that really stand out. I liked guys like Earthquake & Big Bossman too, but they never were really what I considered bad until they got old.

Gene Snitsky

Viscera

The Big Show

Abdullah the Butcher (though in his prime, he was such a badass)

I was and still am a big fan of Sid's WCW title run in 2000. It seemed like he was the only one that year to give the belt a little bit of crediblity and I enjoyed his feud with Jeff Jarrett, even though IIRC it never got a proper blowoff.