TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Marvin, you still are totally misrepresenting what Clinton said. He is arguing that addressing global warming would be a boon to the economy. Your "interpretation" of his quote was way off the mark, and that's why jsyk, zgangsta, and Edwin (a fucking master of the English language) poked fun at you. You didn't get it AT ALL.

Read this again:

The only places in the world today in rich countries where you have rising wages and declining inequality are places that have generated more jobs than rich countries because they made a commitment we didn't. They got serious about a clean, efficient, green, independent energy future... If you want that in America, if you want the millions of jobs that will come from it, if you would like to see a new energy trust fund to finance solar energy and wind energy and biomass and responsible bio-fuels and electric hybrid plug-in vehicles that will soon get 100 miles a gallon, if you want every facility in this country to be made maximally energy efficient that will create millions and millions and millions of jobs, vote for [Hillary].

And then your interpretation:

Basically hes saying in order to do something about Global Warming, all of the "rich countries" have to cut slow their economies...

I don't even want to get into the substance of the global warming (or SO CALLED global warming, amirite?) issue with you, because, frankly, it would be pointless. I just wanted to point out your inability to interpret a simple passage of text.

Forget the bigger issue of Global Warming for a second, and lets just hope that our government is interested in the least in cleaning up our own countries policies that destroy ecosystems here.

Sometimes I just want our government to acknowledge a lot of the pollution and toxic waste that is bad for our food, water, and air. All the stuff that gets dumped into waterways and/or emissions that are dumped into the air. It doesn't simply just dissapear. I think if we put aside "the devastation of the earth as we know it" for a moment and just realize that a lot of business practices in this country are bad for people's health, it might get everyone more focused on trying to clean things up a little.

if you vote for Hillary, it means you don't want a black man in office.

if you vote for Obama, it means you don't want a woman in office.

:(

In fairness, it should be noted that (thanks mostly to early wins in California and New York) she is only trailing Obama by about 120 delegates.

Of course, that doesn't explain why New York gets 232 delegates and Texas gets 193, when Texas has almost 5 million more people living in it. Man, the DNC has some stupid rules.

Because New York has more Democrat voters per capita than Texas. Makes sense that you'd favour the states that favour you when selecting a candidate to represent the party. You do it strictly by capita and a red-state Democrat's vote is going to be worth more than any other.

Hey guys, I have a canvas shopping bag
:wub:

Marvin, all I want to say is that China and India are just copying our lead. If (when) we produce cheap and clean energy through advanced (and current) technologies, they will copy that as well, especially if we give them the tech gratis.

Right now they're following our lead.

You're right that we can't and shouldn't try to convince other countries let alone Americans to live in the cold or the dark. We can reduce global warming without doing that.

Romney won the Maine Caucuses over the weekend and no one's saying anything about it, possibly because Ron Paul almost beat John McCain for 2nd (21% - 19 %)

hmm..

and he actually got 2nd place in terms of delegates, beating McCain quite handily. delegates are what matters.

Guest Blue Man Czech

They say Obama leads Hillary 49-36 in California. That's it. It's ovah. It's all ovah.

They say Obama leads Hillary 49-36 in California. That's it. It's ovah. It's all ovah.

Don't call it yet! God damn it, knock on wood! KNOCK ON WOOD!

Which analysts are saying this? Is this exit polling? All the polls Im reading say that Obama had a one point lead in California since Feb. 3. Weird.

An interesting factor in the California race is the number of absentee ballots that were turned in 3 or 4 weeks ago. It possibly could be a sizable advantage for Clinton.

Guest Smues

Dear lord, NPR (yes I'm forced to listen to it, not my fault) has this really awful parady of "You're so vain" that's called "You're campaign" about the primary elections today. It's stupid enough just at that, but they couldn't just do the chorus and call it good, no they had to come up with verses for the whole song and it just keeps going and won't end. Thanks for killing any interest in voting I had NPR.

I feel like NPR definitely varies from location to location. I really like my NPR, but I'll bet DC/AmerU has better NPR than Alaska...no offense.

AP news writer Erin McClam summed things up very interesting:

On the Democratic side, there were a woman and a black man — New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton and Obama. For the Republicans, there were a Mormon and a 71-year-old former prisoner of war — Mitt Romney and Arizona Sen. John McCain.

I don't know why but reading that just makes me want FOX to take a shot at a bold new sitcom.

Also Obama has a shot in California but does he have a shot in New York? It seems like every time the guy is gaining any kind of momentum, he gets smacked down hard in a state he really needs. Plus the guy actually visited Delaware...I'm not sure why he did, but dammit he did!

I'd venture to say that people that are new to voting, might not have been accounted for and won't be accounted for until exit polling/the end of the election. Also, I would tend to think that Obama is bringing out more first time voters than Clinton.

If there is a big percentage of first time voters, that could be a reasonable explanation for a bigger margin of victory for Obama then recently expected.

Guest Blue Man Czech

Morrissey's a fucking dick. Find that article about him firing his road manager for nothing.

How is Hillary wrangling all the Mexicans like this? Oh well, she's done after tonight.

Sign in to follow this