TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slickster

Tombstone: The History of the Undertaker

zm_wwe_ut_tomb.jpg

Special Triple DVD Set!

A special triple DVD collection of the Undertaker!  See the bodies that have been buried in the Undertaker's Cemetary!

Disk 1

1. Survivor Series 1991 vs. Hulk Hogan

2. Royal Rumble 1994 vs. Yokozuna

3. WrestleMania XII 1996 vs. Diesel

4. In Your House Buried Alive vs. Mankind

5. In Your House Revenge of Taker vs. Mankind

6. SummerSlam 1997 vs. Bret Hart

DVD 1 Extras

* Undertaker attacks Hulk Hogan at the Funeral Parlor

* Undertaker builds a casket for Yokozuna

* Undertaker in the graveyard talking about Diesel

* Undertaker in the graveyard talking about Mankind

* Undertaker interrupts Mankind's interview

Disk 2

1. In Your House Ground Zero vs. Shawn Michaels

2. In Your House Badd Blood - Hell in a Cell Match vs. Shawn Michaels

3. WrestleMania XIV vs. Kane

4. Unforgiven 1998 - Inferno Match vs. Kane

5. King of the Ring 1998 - Hell in a Cell Match vs. Mankind

6. King of the Ring 1999 vs. The Rock

DVD 2 Extras

* Undertaker interview about Shawn Michaels

* Undertaker talking to his parents' tombstones

* Undertaker interview - Kane burns his parents' tombstone

* Undertaker breaks into Paul Bearer's house and mauls him

Disk 3

1. Fully Loaded 1999 - First Blood Match vs. Stone Cold

2. WrestleMania XVII vs. Triple H

3. Judgment Day 2002 vs. Hulk Hogan

4. No Mercy 2002 - Hell in a Cell Match vs. Brock Lesnar

5. Vengeance 2003 vs. John Cena

6. Survivor Series 2003 - Buried Alive Match vs. Mr. McMahon

7. WrestleMania XX vs. Kane

DVD 3 Extras

* Undertaker interview about Triple H

* Undertaker promo on Hulk Hogan

* Undertaker talking about the Hell in a Cell

* Undertaker in the graveyard promo on Mr. McMahon

Credit: Highspots.com

Just about all the good matches on there are already available on other DVDs, and Undertaker vs. Yokozuna is a match which should never be viewed by anyone, anywhere, for the rest of all of human existance. I'll pass on this unless it's really cheap.

Guest Ransome

Given the 3-disc running time, the matchlist is extremely disappointing. Entirely pay-per-view matches, most of them easily available, and a bunch of them already released on other WWE DVDs. Where are the rarieties or the great TV matches? Clearly, this is one for the marks.

why is that match vs rock on here? seems as if they put that there instead of vs Austin ppv may 99 , since they wont show any matches from over the edge 99 (where taker won his thrid wwf title)

and where is his debut match at surseries 90- and some wcw matches as mean mark ?

and Im kinda shocked that are so amny matches where taker jobs on this disc. I guess the rumble 94 is on there for the craptastic post match shenanigans with Taker rising to the ceiling. but come on, thats on, but not the rematch from survivor series 94 (it should be on if only so we can see Chuck Norris knocking out Jeff Jarrett with a karate kick)

Guest thebooker

hey all newbie here. . I used to be an undertaker mark in the early days,t´shirt and

all , until I saw the error of my ways. One thing gets me is if this is an early history

of the undertaker where is his really early stuff, he didn't just jump into a program

with hogan. wasn't there a lot of stuff wibefore that, including his break out moment where he burried the warrior on either brother love or paul bearer's show, that was his rea break out moment I'd say.

I think there's enough good stuff on there that a lot of people will want, so they will be getting this. This will probably be a very hot selling DVD, I imagine. I think the cover is really cool.

As far as TV matches being left off...I frankly can't think of any really great Undertaker TV matches. Maybe an early squash or two would've been good, to show what he was like when he first came to WWF, but other than that, I can't think of any big, glaring omissions. I'm glad they didn't cram it full of stuff from the last two years.

and where is his debut match at surseries 90- and some wcw matches as mean mark ?

I'm guessing that the SS match isn't there because of how little action he really had ... even though the fact that it was his debut pretty much made it mandatory, IMHO.

Having said that, the non-inclusion of Mark Callous-matches and the non-inclusion of the SS debut leaves me with no reason to check these discs out at all.

I imagine I'll end up picking this set up and realise that he isn't as good a wrestler as I thought he was(ie ring work) like I did with Mick Foley

Having said that, the non-inclusion of Mark Callous-matches and the non-inclusion of the SS debut leaves me with no reason to check these discs out at all.

Well it is a best of the Undertaker DVD, so it would be pretty stupid to include any Mean Mark matches on the DVD.

Well it is a best of the Undertaker DVD, so it would be pretty stupid to include any Mean Mark matches on the DVD.

Agreed, but his Survivor Series debut... there's no excuse not to have at least clips of it. Maybe he's embarassed of his mullet back then? :D

Guest Fook

They need his debut on there.

They should also have at least some retrospective on his WM streak and show clips of all his WM matches.

I would have also liked to see Taker's match with Bret at One Night Only.

I like Undertaker, but this isn't exactly a list of his best work aside from those already available on other DVDs (like the Badd Blood match which was on a previous Taker DVD). I'll avoid it since I have pretty much all of these matches already.

Guest Fook

If they included the Rumble casket match against Yoko, they might as well include his return where he faces his evil doppleganger.

* Undertaker attacks Hulk Hogan at the Funeral Parlor

I cried when this happened.

I then cried when Taker beat Hogan.

The Undertaker was so terrifying when I was five.

Well it has two main events of the four pay per views I've been to live (IYH: Revenge of Taker Vs. Mankind and Fully Loaded 99 Vs. Austin) so it's a definite must buy for me to have those in DVD quality.

No Taker vs Taker from Summerslam?

I was wondering the same thing, as it would be a followup to the rumble casket match and show the "evolution" of the character and "look". (changed from grey to purple gloves and boots) I think the mcmahon match is on there to setup the transistion from Biker Taker back to the "deadman" gimmick.

I really dont care for the lack of mean mark matches, but no debut match is a crime.

And yes I will a mit to being a bit scared of Taker back then, but I got over that quick. I also got pissed when Hogan got cheated of the belt (despite never being a huge hulkamaniac) . Of course as soon as he turned Face, I liked Taker (ah the mark days!)

I take out the KotR 99 match with Rocky and put in the Canadian Stampede match against Vader in its place and make room for Bret/Taker at One Night Only.

Not half bad. And I'll finally get to see the Ground Zero and Brock/HIAC matches.

I'm guessing that the SS match isn't there because of how little action he really had ... even though the fact that it was his debut pretty much made it mandatory, IMHO.

Yes, it is. First cock-up.

They should also have at least some retrospective on his WM streak and show clips of all his WM matches.

I would have also liked to see Taker's match with Bret at One Night Only.

2nd cock-up. Not having his claim to fame on it.

3rd cock-up. Not having all his title victories on there.

3 strikes your out. PASS.