TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest J0bber

Best Rap Rock Group

Who is your favorite band that combines the elements of rap and rock?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite band that combines the elements of rap and rock?

• Korn
    • Rage Against the Machine
    • Slipknot
    • Insane Clown Posse
    • Limp Bizkit
    • Linkin Park
    • HED p.e.
    • Other (Specify)

Guest J0bber

I'm going to have to go with Slipknot because of their vocal versatility of combining death metal like growls, rapping, and melodic singing. Also, they put on a great live show and their lead drummer, Joey is very skilled.

Guest J0bber
As much as I hated to admit it, I loved Papa Roach's first album

You're not the only one. I used to scream like a little bitch every time "Last Resort" was played on the radio.

Korn: If you ask him, Johnathan Davis doesn't rap.

Rage: Really good band both on record and live.

Slipknot: In the same vein as Korn, I never really saw them as a rap band considering how much metal/harcore was blended into the formula.

ICP: I'm a fan. Funny bastards but they aren't a band.

Limp, Linkin, HED: Horseshit! They fucking suck trunks.

My vote was for Other those guys are fantastic.

I don't think Korn were directly influenced by hip-hop themselves but bands that fused rock and rap/funk like Faith No More.

Come to think of it, FNM influenced A LOT of rap/rock bands (Korn, Roach, LB etc.)

I'm going to have to go with Slipknot because of their vocal versatility of combining death metal like growls, rapping, and melodic singing. Also, they put on a great live show and their lead drummer, Joey is very skilled.

If you think what Slipknot does is rapping then you've never actually listened to rap music.

I picked RATM. Everybody else on that list can't lick the sweat from their collective ballsacks.

Gotta love those death metal growls.

Out of that list, Rage takes it. I can't believe someone mentioned/remembered Project Wyze. Even worse, it conjures up memories of having to see them live on two occasions one summer at a couple of festivals.

Bacon you poor son of a bitch.

I hung out with Project Wyze groupies once at a hotel in Montreal because the band was staying two floors down. They were opening for Tea Party and Ozzy the next night. Even the groupies knew they sucked.

Guest J0bber

If you think what Slipknot does is rapping then you've never actually listened to rap music.

Listen to "No Life" or "Spit it Out" off their first album. Both have several rap like verses.

Listen to "No Life" or "Spit it Out" off their first album. Both have several rap like verses.

When "rap like" becomes actual rap let me know.

My first instinct was Run DMC.

If I can get away with calling them Rap Rock, then they get my vote.

I mean, they're clearly more talented than anyone from that list(Which isn't to sell anyone short).