TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

OAO Raw Thread for 8/22

Guest *KNK*
If Cena does turn who wants to bet his excuses will be as good as Austin's post WMX7. (ie completely poor)

I remember Austin's "heel turn". Horrible. McMahon breaking up Rock's count and helping with the beatdown getting cheered by the Astrodome, and JR's trying to tell the audience that Austin "sold his soul to the Devil!" Bad build, bad execution, par for the course.

Bad build? The whole match was built to the finish, Austin grew more and more desperate as the match went down, He literally broke down everything that he built in himself in order to get what he coveted.

The bad execution was the fault of the hometown crowd still cheering for Austin and Austin's weak excuse the next night and aligning him with Hunter.

By "bad build" I mean the whole thing shouldn't have happened in Austin's "hometown" (close enough). They bet that Rock's popularity would overcome it. I know they feel like they needed to end it with a bang and they couldn't turn Rock (I guess) but there should have been some way around it and turn Austin ANYWHERE but Houston, or Texas in general.

It had to happen @ Mania, there was no alternative. It was just bad planning for it to be in Austin's home state. They booked the AstroDome a year ahead of time... well before they knew they would do this.

It was Hunter's idea for Jericho to play it as a sniviling crybaby :-)

Guest *KNK*
What's the kayfabe reason for Jericho not simply be hired by Teddy Long on Smackdown?

"Chris Jericho is in legal courts right now trying to reverse the decision of Eric Bischoff, due to this, Jericho is not available to dicuss neogotiations of with other brands"

"Dat playa is damaged goods, beledat"

Angle has just been screaming Intensity tonight...

I just wish Angle wasn't aligned with Bischoff... why does Angle need to align himself with anybody?

Angle getting rewarded for his mean streak and taking out Bischoff's nephew- really quite simple reason for him to be #1 contender.