WWE Title

Kurt Angle Vs John Cena

Shawn Michaels Vs Chris Masters

IC Title

Carlito Vs Ric Flair

Special Gimmick Match

Matt Hardy Vs Edge

--

These appear to be the only matches locked for Unforgiven (although only one is confirmed)

The Big Show/Snitsky is possible, some match involving Ashley and the divas…

I’m not quite sure what else would be added to this and all I can say is, how un-appealing does this card look for now? Angle/Cena has been done so many times over the last two years; any potential appeal it has is virtually non-existent.

Shawn could pull another trick out of his ass and make Masters look like gold, that’s not enough to make someone put down $34.99 for this show.

Flair/Carlito? Yikes.

Matt Vs Edge could be another good brawl, let’s see how they carry the momentum of a good match and shoddy finish that some people still adored.

TBS/Snitsky will be pure shit but I wouldn’t expect it to last beyond 5-8 minutes.

Maybe I’m forgetting something but I can’t remember if anything else is being done with Raw right now that could be used for the PPV.

Tomko could have a squash with his push right now, you could potentially slot Benjamin into that position.

This PPV is shaping up to make this year’s GAB look like WMX7.

Tomko could have a squash with his push right now, you could potentially slot Benjamin into that position.

Which would be another good reason to skip this PPV. Not the Tomko push, but using Benjamin as jobber fodder. Benjamin should be in the main event scene by now, or at the very least getting ready to break through to that level. The fact that he's stuck being used as as a stepping stone for a jacked up stiff is depressing, especially when Benjamin mired in the midcard with no real push for six months still got more of a reaction than the stiff they've been pushing almost non-stop since the start of the year.

Guest Biggles

On Heat Kerwin White did another promo on Shelton so you can add Kerwin White vs Shelton Benjamin to the card.

Benjamin/White is the logical match for this pay-per-view.

The fact that he's stuck being used as as a stepping stone for a jacked up stiff is depressing, especially when Benjamin mired in the midcard with no real push for six months still got more of a reaction than the stiff they've been pushing almost non-stop since the start of the year.

Are you referring to Tomko?

Benjamin/White is the logical match for this pay-per-view.

The fact that he's stuck being used as as a stepping stone for a jacked up stiff is depressing, especially when Benjamin mired in the midcard with no real push for six months still got more of a reaction than the stiff they've been pushing almost non-stop since the start of the year.

Masters. When he faced Tajiri a few weeks ago, Tajiri got the better reactions, and he wasn't the one they'd been pushing non-stop since the start of the year.

Guest *KNK*

Don't me wrong here, I do not want to see Benjamin be used like that but It's certainly wouldn't surprise many to see that happen. I was just using the recent trend of Benjamin being used as jobber fodder to put people over as the reason to expect that.

I wasn't aware Benjamin and White had set something up, The match content there might not be too bad but the angle will be atrocious.

Ugh, this is really shaping up to be complete crap.

Masters. When he faced Tajiri a few weeks ago, Tajiri got the better reactions, and he wasn't the one they'd been pushing non-stop since the start of the year.

Thank god. It looked like you were referring to Tomko, which made me think "wait, Tomko got pushed this year?"

Guest Fook

It actually looks like they're going to have Tomko/Dupree vs Hurricane/Rosey.

They're probably going to put the tag titles on a team that's been together for about 3 weeks by that point, but considering the state of tag teams nowadays that's about par for the course.

If they're really selling the brutality of the Hardy-Edge match, there should be no way they should be ready to go by Unforgiven.

That being said, pencil it in for Unforgiven.

Maybe the team of Cade/Murdoch will debut at Unforgiven to snatch the belts from Rosey and the Hurricane. ;)

Guest Trecko

Benjamin should be in the main event scene by now, or at the very least getting ready to break through to that level.

What has Benjamin done that he should be in the main event, or even CLOSE to the main event?

Benjamin should be in the main event scene by now, or at the very least getting ready to break through to that level.

What has Benjamin done that he should be in the main event, or even CLOSE to the main event?

The crowd went nuts for him when he upset Triple H. The follow up to that was beyond shitty. It should have propelled him into that second tier level, and it should have seen him built up so he could break into the main event scene right about now.

Clearly the "wrestling" aspect is VERY important to all of you, but I honestly, for the life of me, can't understand WHY so many people are bothered by Benjamin being jobbed out. I hate the man, it's not even a question, but he has NO personality at all. NONE. He SUCKS. He's BORING. It's not something that's going to improve, either. You can't TEACH it. And for as good as he may be in the ring, I can't get myself to give a fuck about him, or anyone good in the ring, when I have no reason to give a fuck about the person themself. WHY DO ANY OF YOU!?

Don't bother with him when it comes to Benjamin, HTQ.

It's a testament in itself that his heat isn't completely shot by now, like Jericho in that way. They didn't follow up on the Triple H feud at all. Like HTQ said, it should have put him squarely in the upper tier. Not quite the main event certainly, but hovering around there so they could build him up properly, not with a half ass IC reign.

Speaking of. Yes, he got the long title reign, but for the most part the bookers just threw him out there and apart from two instances that I can recall, gave him nothing in the way of angles or storylines to work with, and one of those was with fucking Snitsky. Then came his random disappearances from the show, which was pretty unacceptable, both for Shelton and the IC Title. Then came fucking Carlito and Masters making him look like a pussy not long after Shelton was shown as Shawn's equal. It's all fucking retarded and almost (although I don't agree with it) points to why those like Trecko don't care about him.

Guest BrokenWings

Did they ever even blow off the whole Carlito/Benjamin deal where Carlito kept getting cheap methods of retaining the title?!

I think the Angle/Cena match will be pretty good, probably around the ***1/2 range. I disagree that Cena/Angle has been overdone in the past two years. I think Carlito/Shelton wrestled each other more in a month than Angle and Cena have in two years. Besides, the last times (No Way Out, No Mercy 2003) were pretty good, so why get upset over this?

Masters/HBK is depressing.

Show/Snitsky won't be good, but won't be too long either, so I'm not going to get upset over that.

Kerwin/Benjamin should be a good match. I agree the storyline is going to be rediculous, but in the very least we'll have two talented workers facing off in a pay-per-view match.

Any new tag champions are a welcome change by this point, I don't care if it's even Dupree/Tomko.

Carlito/Flair is another one that I'm surprised so many people are upset about. It should be a fun match in the very least.

And another pay-per-view with Triple H absent. Unforgiven will gain a few points on that key alone.

Seriously, there are worse things in wrestling these days to complain about than Unforgiven.

If this card was part of the new Saturday Night's Main Event supercard on free TV, then I'd think it was decent. This show, on paper, is definitely not worth $34.99 (at least on your own, getting some guys together to go in on it would work though)

Carlito/Flair could be fun if Carlito could do anything in the ring....I mean anything at all. He's not enough of a physical presence to have Flair beg and stuff. That is to me the main problem with Carlito matches: He dominates the action. The guy is a cruiser/glorified 80s jobber, he should get his ass kicked in EVERY match and then if he wins it should be by some devious means (more than foot on the ropes). Or he could just get DQed or counted out.

Let's call this PPV what it is....a lame duck show. It's just whatever crap they can think of to fill up the lame duck Spike TV shows before moving on to USA again. Anyone think they could have Angle win the title since they could play off of "The Olympic hero headlines the USA Network!"

Cena/Angle has the makings of a good feud, I dunno if they should just blow it off at this nothing PPV.

It's just the same crap we get from the WWE when HHH makes a hiatus from the squared circle and the lame duck Spike shows don't help (especially now that Spike is airing TNA commercials which irks the McMahon's).

Angle definitely isn't winning the strap @ Unforgiven and even if he did he wouldn't be headlining the show b/c HHH is making his "monumental" return that everyone has been dieing to see....right?....right?

Sort of like Dangerous A said on the radio show, no one has talked about being excited about HHH returning yet.

The main event is the only good thing about this show so far along with Hardy / Edge depending on what the stipulation is. But then again, Unforgiven has almost always been a garbage PPV.

You know, I'm kind of excited about Trips' return...I want to see what angle he's going to go into, because I'm HOPING they'll realize they can't just shove him back into the World Title scene.

HHH is certainly better to watch than Cena, at least to me. I'd take the HHH Push of Death any day of the week over Cena. I'd love an Angle/Trips feud if they weren't both always heels.

Guest Zarock

I think the only way Benjamin is going to get to main event ANYTHING is by turning heel. Yes, I know that there are only like three faces on RAW, but stay with me.

Basically, Shelton should come out and say that he's tired of seeing loud, obnoxious guys who can't wrestle like Carlito and Cena get titles, while the best technical wrestlers get shafted because they arn't talkative enough. Boom, instant Cena/Shelton, Shelton/HBK feud. Besides, Benjamin is waaay too white to feud with Kerwin.

I think the Flair/Carlito feud is already over, as I believe Flair is going to face HHH at Unforgiven.

As for the others...I'm just glad I don't buy PPVs.

The main event is the only good thing about this show so far along with Hardy / Edge depending on what the stipulation is.  But then again, Unforgiven has almost always been a garbage PPV.

The 1998 one was alright...with a very important main event.

whay are people so shocked at Tomkos push? has anyone been watrching heat for the last year where he has gotten whole lot of squash wins by knocking out jobbers with the big boot? (answer: NO)

anyhow I dont order ppvs period right now due to lack of both money and care.

angle vs cena sounds ok but I have not seen any of their previous ppv matches so I am unsure. They really need to reference the backstory of both cenas debut and the almost win vs angle on sd, to the era where Angle was SD GM and stripped Cena of the US title, to the fact that Cena kept Angle out of the Smackdown WM main event this year,thats a hell of a lot of backstory and intrigue right there.

of course we aren't supposed to remember that far back.

From IC champ for 8 months to a midcard feud involving racism, hope you didn't get a concussion from that glass ceiling there Shelty.

You mean besides the fact that he's the best new wrestler on WWE television since Kurt Angle?