TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Fall TV Schedule...

Since the fall schedule is coming on soon, I figured we could see what each other is watching. Or whatever.

Sunday

9:00- Rome(HBO) or Family Guy(Fox)

Monday

9:00- Prison Break(Fox)

Tuesday

8:00 - Bones(Fox)

9:00 - House(Fox)

10:00 - Real World(MTV)

Wednesday

9:00 - LOST(ABC)

9:00 - Veronica Mars(UPN) (I'll tape this one somehow)

Thursday

8:00 - The OC(Fox) (Don't judge) or Smallville(The WB)

9:00 - Reunion(Fox)

10:00 - ER(NBC)

Friday NONE

Saturday NONE

I'm sure I'll catch some comedies in there if there is nothing else to do. But these are the shows I'm not going to miss or try to.

I'm probably going to check out Reunion. I was looking forward to Prison Break but I already missed the first and I think second episode (if that's aired) so I don't know if I'll be getting into it now.

Guest Fishyswa

AD, House, and I'm gonna try and start following LOST....although I have a feeling that's impossible....

Every season I try to get into a lot of the new shows, but by the time mid-season hits, I'm only into three or four shows.

Looking at the schedules, this alien shit is getting ridiculous.

ABC

Commander in Chief - I'll give it a chance.

Grey's Anatomy - TiVo it and watch it when I'm bored.

Hot Properties - Almost guaranteed to suck, but I have to give Nicole Sullivan a chance.

Night Stalker - Not exactly looking forward to it.

CBS

How I Met Your Mother - Typical sitcom with good buzz.

Out of Practice - Winkler!

Threshold - I don't like alien crap, but who knows.

FOX

American Dad - Was getting really good towards the end of its run.

Arrested Development - Shame on everyone else.

Family Guy - Of course.

Head Cases - Adam Goldberg's character looks great.

Kitchen Confidential - Nothing else to do after AD.

Malcolm in the Middle - Download each episode every week and maybe watch it while on campus.

Prison Break - Looking good...

Reunion - Could be good.

Simpsons - Of course

War at Home - T-minus 'x' weeks until this is canceled.

NBC

Inconceivable - I have to see any show that takes place at a sperm clinic.

My Name is Earl - Of course.

Office - YES!

Will & Grace - Download and watch it on campus.

UPN

Everybody Hates Chris - Has some great buzz

Veronica Mars - Awesome show. Watched the entire first season over the course of a month.

WB

Gilmore Girls - Download it weekly.

Just Legal - Could be good, although I doubt it.

Related - I'll give it a chance.

Twins - Yet another WB sitcom...

Mondays:

Arrested Development

Prison Break/24

The Ultimate Fighter

Tuesdays:

The Amazing Race

The Office

My Name Is Earl

Wednesdays:

Lost (may tape and watch later)

Thursdays:

Joey

Survivor

CSI

Fridays (on tape):

Threshold

Numb3rs

Saturdays:

Hockey Night in Canada

Ultimate Fight Night

Only 3 new shows. Threshold will be interesting - and not just because of the premise - it's got Carla Gugino, Charles S Dutton and other interesting castmembers and David Goyer is an exec producer, but another exec producer (and writer) is Brannon Braga.

Commander In Chief

NCIS

CSI

Bernie Mac

COPS

Simpsons

Family Guy

The Office

Law & Order

Otherwise...in January the new season of 24...snd the Shield next spring

ABC:

Nothing

CBS:

Nothing

Fox:

Prison Break

Head Cases

The OC

Reunion

The Simpson

The War at Home

Family Guy

NBC:

My Name is Earl

ER

UPN:

Everybody Hates Cris looks pretty good, but itconflicts with The OC and I probably won't take the time to tape it.

The WB:

Nothing

And fuck NBC for not putting Scrubs on the fall schedule. That show gives them 4 Emmy nominations and NBC puts them on the bench. Fuck them.

Guest Askewniverse

Sunday:

Family Guy

Monday:

Arrested Development

The Ultimate Fighter

Tuesday:

Gilmore Girls

My Name is Earl

Thursday:

Smallville

C.S.I.

Guest *KNK*

Emmy nominations doesn't mean shit when the show failed to attract viewers for the last 3 seasons.

Emmy nominations doesn't mean shit when the show failed to attract viewers for the last 3 seasons.

It is hard to attract regular viewers when the network moves your timeslot mid-season every year.

It's not that NBC wasn't happy with its ratings as a whole. It's just that Buena Vista owns 'Scrubs,' so it costs NBC extra money to air the show.

Plus, they've already sold the show for syndication. Or at least plan to. They really didn't need to give it another season. I'm happy to get it eventually.

Didn't Zach Braff ask that they push the start of the new season of Scrubs back so he could finish work on whatever movie he's doing now? I think I read that somewhere.

Guest Brian

24 in January. Lost, AD, and Ultimate Fighter are my returning shows. So far, I'm gonna check out Supernatural, Bones, Kitchen Confidential (and if it's anything close to the book, this gets a BIG recommendation) and the Chris Rock show. Might check out Adam Goldberg on Head Cases, just because he was the Hebrew Hammer. And maybe Jason Lee in My Name is Earl. Prison Break looks to have promise.

Well..heres the new (or new returning) shows I'll be watching:

Monday:

8-9 Surface (NBC, 9/19)

8:30-9 Kitchen Confidential* (FOX, 9/19)

9-11 RAW

9-10 Prison Break* (already going)

9-10 24* (when it starts in January)

Tuesday

9-10 Amazing Race (CBS, 9/27)

9-9:30 My Name is Earl* (NBC, 9/20)

Wednesday

9-10 E-Ring* (NBC, 9/21)

10-11 CSI: NY

10-11 Law and Order*

10-11 Good Eats* (Food Network, only when they air new eps)

Thursday

9-10 CSI

9-10 Reunion* (FOX, 9/8)

Friday

Threshold* (CBS, 9/16..Im on the fence about this the most)

Sunday

8-8:30 Simpsons

8:30-9 War at Home (FOX, 9/11)

9-9:30 Family Guy

9:30-10 American Dad

Anything with a * next to it is getting Tivo-ed in sweet HD for later watching because another show is on, which I can do with my dual tuner HD-Tivo. Theoretically, I could watch a show on CBS and record whatever is on FOX and NBC at the same time (or any other channels), all in HD, but it doesn't look like Im going to need to. Having the Tivo is sure making my life a lot easier, especially on Mondays. All the new Sunday fox shows Im gonna have to tivo due to the Ravens playing on Sunday Night Football..

I dont get WB, and I refuse to watch anything on ABC until my local affiliate decides they want to show stuff in HD.

Oh, and Directv has graced my box with Fall Previews of FOX, NBC and ABC (The first season of Lost in 22 minutes is really fun to watch, as it shows all the important things that happened to catch people up who missed it last year/ too cheap to buy the DVD, although it didn't make me want to watch season 2 that much). The CBS sneak peak airs starting the week of 9/12, so hopefully I'll see that in time enough to make a decision about Threshold.

Veronica Mars - Awesome show. Watched the entire first season over the course of a month.

Good God, this is such a good show. Too bad NO one watches it. I think it gets a 1.3 on average. And that is even bad for UPN.

Las Vegas, The Amazing Race and CSI: LV are about the only shows I'm going to make an effort to catch on a regular basis. And I may change my mind on TAR once I see how the whole family dynamic shakes out.

I may watch Survivor, the L&Os and the other CSIs sporadically, as my wife watches them all the time. I'm probably going to end up spending most of my TV-watching time watching my DVD season sets, though.

Sunday - Nothing much really catches my eye

Monday - MNF along with RAW

Tuesday - How I Met Your Mother and Commander in Chief look interesting, but I hope the new Amazing Race isn't as bad as it's being made out to be

Wednesday - I started to get into Lost towards the end of season 1, so I'll definitely be up for Season 2. I'll check out Invasion as well.

Thursday - I'm already looking forward to Everybody Hates Chris

Friday - I'll check out Ghost Whisperer for my weekly dose of JLH's breasts as long as it is on (which won't be long). Threshold looks interesting as well.

The guy behind Invasion is Shaun Cassidy, the guy behind American Gothic, and one of the Hardy Boys.

Sunday-

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition has morphed into somewhat of a guilty pleasure, so if I ain't doing nothing, I'll check it out.

Monday-

Arrested Development

How I Met Your Mother- It's either this or Kitchen Confidential, and well Kitchen Confidential won't last too long and How I Met Your Mother has Saget.

Tuesday-

The Office! I met check out My Name is Earl at 9, since there's no other sitcoms on.

Wednesday-

Criminal Minds- While it hasn't gotten great reviews, it sounds like a show I would love. It has a good cast, the previews at CBS.com look really cool, and it sounds like a good cousin to Without a Trace.

Thursday-

I have class from 6:30-9:30, so I might not get to watch Survivor and the Apprentice. I'm definetely looking forward to Without a Trace at 10.

Friday

I'm not sure what to do at 8. Nothing jumps out at me, and I refuse to watch Ghost Whisperer on general principles. I was thinking of watching Season 1 of Joan over that. Maybe Bernie Mac and Malcom?

9 is Killer Instinct. I know it's DOA and won't last long, but it sounds like a good Friday crime show and I'll watch all 4 episodes they give it.

My Name is Earl, Everybody Hates Chris, Family Guy, The Simpsons and Arrested Development is about it for network TV that I'm checking out this season regularly. After that, there are a whole slew of show, I check in on on occassion. Everybody Hates Chris is the first show that I've seen commercials for on UPN, and have said "Hey that might be funny."