TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle

NOICE!!!!

It should be decent. I mean they do have 3 hours to kill.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

Hell yes. Angle/Micheals is the best WWE match I've seen in a while, so this should (hopefully) be great.

Smart to not to a 60 minute Iron Man. 30 minutes should be enjoyable.

So, just to keep in the spirit of even-steven since Taboo Tuesday is coming up and both are possibly contenders for the belt, will this be a draw?

It's amazing when I hear something like this will take place I think "They're gonna screw it up! Ref bumps, run ins, commercials, etc,.

Hell yes. Angle/Micheals is the best WWE match I've seen in a while, so this should (hopefully) be great.

nice to see Dominique Wilkins in the house. Your the man!

Why not just a 2 out of 3 falls match that goes 30 minutes?

Cuz this is a RAW match. 2 outta 3 falls match would be over in 8 mins by WWE standards. But seriously I hope they don't each have like 4 falls or something insane like that. It should end in a draw, then OT then Angle wins.

They should call it a Mini-Iron Man Match.

With an Ironman tag next to the match, people will be predisposed to expect to tune in the final 5 minutes to see the outcome. With a 2/3 fall stipulation tacked on, people would have to watch the whole match because as you said, it could end in 8 minutes or 30.

szene007.JPG

For your crimes against pro wrestling you will be forced to watch 3 hours of interviews...if you want to see fights on monday night you will have to watch UFC.

HBK refused to job...isn't that obvious to everyone?!?!?! :bonk:

;)

Guest Biggles

They will most likely announce the match at this weeks RAW to give it more importance instead of an announcement on the net that people that dont enter the net wouldnt know shit about the match.

So even when they removed it from the page, I see this match being announced on RAW this Monday.

I just don't like the idea of two guys who each needed almost 30 minutes to beat the other in their previous bouts having a multi-fall contest in that same period of time. If it's still on (and I have no reason to assume it isn't), hopefully it's 2-1 or even a 1-1 draw (boo!), but they should just do a 2/3 falls match as has been suggested.

Guest Amy Ace

Sounds good, but my question is how are they gonna fit all these matches and all the superstars their bringing in, and how are they gonna tie everything together, in just a 3 hour show?

Your average 2 hour Raw has 4-5 matches with 2 (possibly 3) already being announced for this one. I doubt they'll run 8 matches at PPV length or anything so, even if Matt/Edge and HBK/Angle added up to 50 minutes, they still have lots of time. It's not like every legend in attendance gets his own angle for the show, either.

But yes, I suspect other things would be rushed to accomedate everything.

I just don't like the idea of two guys who each needed almost 30 minutes to beat the other in their previous bouts having a multi-fall contest in that same period of time. If it's still on (and I have no reason to assume it isn't), hopefully it's 2-1 or even a 1-1 draw (boo!), but they should just do a 2/3 falls match as has been suggested.

Agreed

That said, the ladder match and 30 minutes of Angle/HBK is a great way to lead with your best foot forward. I have no problem with stuff like Piper's Pit, a McMahon promo, an Austin segment etc., as long as we get the ring action as well.

It's not like every legend in attendance gets his own angle for the show, either.

Thank God.

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, Jimmy Hart, Hillbilly Jim, Superstar Billy Graham, The Iron Sheik, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Fabulous Moolah, Mae Young, Harley Race, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, Chief Jay Strongbow, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Nikolai Volkoff and Koko B. Ware."

Imagine all those ^ Eugene segments?

It's not like every legend in attendance gets his own angle for the show, either.

Thank God.

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, Jimmy Hart, Hillbilly Jim, Superstar Billy Graham, The Iron Sheik, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Fabulous Moolah, Mae Young, Harley Race, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, Chief Jay Strongbow, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Nikolai Volkoff and Koko B. Ware."

Imagine all those ^ Eugene segments?

You know, I find it funny that a few of them are listed for this Raw show when I think some of them never appeared on Raw or just rarely.

Duggan and Koko...they may have appeared once or twice in the early days.

Superstar and Race...only in the crowd.

Strongbow, Valentine? Did they EVER appear on Raw?

They all will be in the front row so Carlito has easy access to spit apples on them. Eugene will make the save using sigature moves from all of the legends.

Shelton Benjamin is SO tagging with Koko B. Ware

That...would be unique.

I'm also picturing Tatanka making a "suprise" return, teaming with Chief Jay, and winning the Tag Team titles from Cade and Murdoch.

...which would, by the way, be Strongbow's 5th reign with the belts.

You know, I find it funny that a few of them are listed for this Raw show when I think some of them never appeared on Raw or just rarely.

Duggan and Koko...they may have appeared once or twice in the early days.

Superstar and Race...only in the crowd.

Strongbow, Valentine?  Did they EVER appear on Raw?

Tatanka turned on Strongbow back in '94.