TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

6 sided ring = good.

There is no problem with them working it...it fills the screen nicely...and it is different.

Monty Brown...

I've always had a soft spot. When you look at the last few months of TNA's wednesday ppvs...he totally owned those shows. His promo's were unique and he killled people. Monty's problem is that they didn't put him over JJJ when they should have on Impact before Turning Point. HE NO SOLD THE GUITAR SHOT AND LOST. That was his time. The fans were rabid and they wanted it. Instead they've turned him over and over again...and now...Joe is better at killing bitches.

I don't mind the ring being six sides, but I hate that it is so small. I mean if 4 guys are in there, it already looks cluttered. Heaven forbid if they tried a 10 man battle royal. If they just made the ring bigger, I'd be into taking TNA more seriously.

Guest stringerbell
- Bound For Glory will take place on the 22nd October at the Compuware Arena in Plymouth, Michigan. The arena has a capacity of 4,500 and the ICP-promoted TNA house show from a few months ago drew 3,170 paid. ICP will not be involved in the promotion of the PPV, according to Dave Meltzer.

- TNA is also negotiating with South American agencies about hosting a number of live events at major arenas across the continent, as well as in Central America.

- Ricky Banderas is expected to join LAX shortly. He was the original choice for the group but was replaced by Hernandez due to Puerto Rican politics involving Dutch Mantel, who was allied to WWC while Banderas was contracted to the IWA.

Credit: Wrestling Observer

From TNAwrestling.com:

SAMOA JOE AND HIS PARENTS ARE ON THE NEW COVER OF PRO WRESTLING ILLUSTRATED - ON SALE AUGUST 22

"The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe is on the cover of the upcoming issue of Pro Wrestling Illustrated - set to hit newsstands on August 22.

The cover shot shows Joe at home with his parents reviewing his grades, as this month's issue of PWI features the annual "Report Card Of The Stars" where many of the top wrestlers in the world receive grades for their in-ring performances in 2006.

Samoa Joe was given an A+ by the staff of Pro Wrestling Illustrated!

-----

Love the cover:

PWP9006Cover.gif

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

After Hard Justice this Sunday, the next TNA PPV (No Surrender) isn't for another six weeks. TNA are going to tape 3 episodes of Impact per taping again. On Monday after Hard Justice, they'll do a 3 hour+ Impact taping for August 17th, August 24th, and August 31st. Then on Monday, September 4th, they'll do another 3 hour+ Impact taping for September 7th, September 14th, and Setember 21st, leading into the No Surrender PPV.

Every company but WWE has used smaller rings.

When your roster is made up of smaller people...it's better that way.

The six sided ring makes Irish Whips look so much more believable, also.

Just curious, how so?

Just curious, how so?

I would assume that since the 6sided ring is seemingly so much smaller on TV than a normal 4 sided ring is, that doing an irish whip in that style of ring tends to allow the viewer to believe that someone can be whipped into the ropes and come bouncing back against their own volition.. whereas the WWE style ring makes it seem as if the guy is running the ropes of his own free will...

From Da Meltz:

Bill Goldberg has signed a 90-day holding-deal with Spike TV and is meeting with Spike executives next week, the former WCW-WWE World Champion confirmed in an email to members of his official fan club, known as Team Goldberg (www.billgoldberg.com).

"The holding-deal definitely means that I now will talk with TNA Wrestling, but nothing further than that," he wrote.

Goldberg also confirmed that he was going to wrestle August 20 for Gladiator Championship Wrestling, but the appearance conflicted with his Spike holding-deal.

Goldberg should put over Brown,Joe and Rhino? He would just be another guy if that happens. I think TNA can book Goldberg strong without having any contact with Joe or Brown.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

I don't care if he goes over Rhino and Brown. As long as it all leads to a big PPV match with Joe, with Joe choking him out.

TNA Wrestling, Spike TV, and Bill Goldberg have been discussing a working agreement between the three for around two months now. TNA Wrestling does not want to pay Bill Goldberg the money he was asking for, however Spike TV said they would be willing to pay his contract if it meant he would become a fulltime part of TNA Wrestling. TNA Wrestling and Spike TV have been meeting the last several months regarding contracts with wrestlers, that would be under Spike TV. This was done in the early days of World Championship Wrestling, when many of the wrestlers were signed to Ted Turner, and not the promotion itself. Bill Goldberg was sign to AOL not WCW.

Oh fuck, here we go. All the guys Spike signs will be the top guys, because they are going to want to see their investments on tv being pushed hard.

Goldberg will be TNA champ within 3 months of his debut if he signs this type of deal.

I doubt it... I think that he might be there to keep Jarrett and Steiner occupied.

If TNA blows this golden opprtunity to really be different and they don't pull the trigger on Joe and keep him as champ for at least a year or two, I think I am going to quit wrestling for good. I've had enough of the E and its constant horrible product, and a six sided ring isn't enough... we need a new champ and they have a golden opportunity with Joe.

I was listening to BTR and it was said how every time to this date that TNA has an opportunity to set themselves apart and truly become an alternative to the WWE, they shy away from it, and I can;t help but agree. The actual reason why is almost irrelevant. If they want to be an alternative and compete, they need to do something to make it happen.

I don't care about him being put over Brown or Rhyno - Joe is where the money would be at! Old Whiskerbiscuit in TNA? hmmmmm interesting

I doubt it... I think that he might be there to keep Jarrett and Steiner occupied.

If TNA blows this golden opprtunity to really be different and they don't pull the trigger on Joe and keep him as champ for at least a year or two, I think I am going to quit wrestling for good.

Joe will never have a title reign that long, he will eventually run out of opponents like his X title reigns. I give him 5 months if he wins the belt which is reasonable.

You mightest well give up on the "different" agenda, it's not going to happen. TNA left that boat when Spike TV offer to pay for Sting and gave them a Thursday night slot.

I think Spike paying for contracts have it's negatives(like power control) but it also have it's positives. If TNA signs Goldberg, Spike will be more comfortable with giving TNA more TV time. If guys like Jericho and Benoit see Goldberg is getting all this money than there will be more "jumps". If the Carters back out for some reason, Spike/Viacom might offer to buy TNA because it will be worth something to them.

I don't see Jericho ever wrestling again, and I don't see Benoit going anywhere other than WWE since he doesn't have much time left in-ring wise anyway.

Not if Spike offer him a fat contract and he only have to work 3 times a month(really about 1 time per month). A good deal is a good deal. Jericho said he will come if he got Sting money.

Guest DRH 502

Jericho won't be back for TNA. You have a better shot of seeing Tojo Yammamoto come back from the dead and job to Alex Shelley than you have of seeing Chris Jericho.