TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

Guest Kaedon
I don't know man. Their self-made music is a glorified midi file from what I've listened to. It's pretty rough. Especially Daniels' and Sabin's...

I think maybe they need to hire their own version of Jim Johnston.

Very true

I think Sabin and Daniels have two of their better themes, actually. Styles' theme works for him despite not making a whole lot of sense, and other than that, it's just there in my mind. I think Nash's theme is supposed to be a ripoff of the Wolfpack theme without lyrics

Edited by Masked Man of Mystery

I've heard most of their themes.... they need to going more hard rock on some of them.... hell, even if they could get some of the standard entrance music that WCW had back in the day....

Why does everyone ignore the fact that "Brother Ray" stated that their new gimmick would beat the crap out of the Dudley Boyz ?

I think on BFG, they will come out with their new gimmicks.

Either that or Team 3D is the "new" gimmick and I will be very dissapointed.

Right now, I don't think TNA can really do character development, that's one of their big problems right now, they need more TV time so they can develop angles and such more.

After reading that Kevin Nash/Spike TV conference call post, I don;t think you need to worry much about that. Two hours a week is coming.

I think that character development is second on the list, below shocasing their talent. They're showing what their talent can do in the ring, and once that is established, then they'll move forward with character development. I think this time, they're learning to crawl before they can walk. Though they need to keep a good balance between the two. Too much of a talent-driven show, they will be criticized as Spotfest Central even more then they already are by some. Too much character development, and they are in serious danger of being Sports Entertainment. Both can be accomplished with a two hour show, but the fact that it seems they are taking baby steps is encouraging.

Don;t look for too much too soon, though.

Christopher Daniels theme is a rip off of Marilyn Manson's "Disposable Teens". He used the real version in ROH as well.

Monty Brown's is a rip off of Disturbed "Down with the sickness"

I think Nash's theme is the worst I've ever heard. I seriously busted out laughing during Impact the other night when it hit during the brawl (Jarrett's reaction and Tenay's screaming out "IT'S BIG SEXY!" when it hit was especially funny). It sounds like they ripped that one off of some children's CD--it's horrible.

Guest SavageRulz

I've got a question, knowing that all wrestling promotions blow the size of the wrestlers out of proportion, but does TNA have wrestlers that are so short that they are billing them to be that much taller than they are?

I mean I know Hogan is 6'4" in real life and was billed forever at 6'7". But I was looking at the TNA profiles against their previous profiles at other promotions and this is what it looks like.

Name: TNA Height/Previous Promotion Height

Abyss: 6'9"/6'4"

Samoa Joe: 6'8"/6'3"

Jeff Jarrett: 6'3"/5'11"

AJ Styles: 6'2"/5'10"

Lance Hoyt: 6'7/6'3"

Some of the differences aren't huge or by any means out of the range of the wrestling world blow up, but the Samoa Joe thing shocked me because I've met him at Chicago Ridge for an ROH meet and greet, and he isn't any taller than me, and watching him against Sabin, he dwarfed Sabin who is listed at 6'2". I'm almost 6'2" and Joe was not that much bigger than me, maybe an inch or so.

Guest Coffey

Samoa Joe is like, 6'2" or 6'3". Where'd you see him listed at 6'8"? He's listed as 6'3" on TNA.

Guest SavageRulz

Mike Tenay kept calling him the 6'8" Samoa Joe in his matches. It's on the X DVD that was just released to retail stores. He's says it several times.

Guest *KNK*
Samoa Joe is about 6'0, and could even be shorter. Bryan Danielson is only around 5'9", and Joe isn't that much taller than Danielson.

I've met Samoa Joe and I'll say he's exactly 6'0.

Aries is smaller then you think he is. He looks 5'8 but he's like at Mysterio levels.

Samoa Joe is about 6'0, and could even be shorter. Bryan Danielson is only around 5'9", and Joe isn't that much taller than Danielson.

I've met Samoa Joe and I'll say he's exactly 6'0.

Aries is smaller then you think he is. He looks 5'8 but he's like at Mysterio levels.

Tenay has been reporting his height properly for the past few weeks, though at Unbreakable he listed him at 6'8".

I still have to fix my CAW.

Another guy smaller than you think is AJ Styles. Jeff Hardy isn't thought of as being big, but he dwarfs over AJ.

Guest SavageRulz

He would be a solid investment for TNA because he does have use in every division.

I'm not sure if he has a no-compete or not, but if he doesn't, Christian showing up on the Special would have been great for TNA. It's a shame this didn't happen last week, though I suppose they could have him appear in a vignette in the special. Maybe just somthing as simple as him walking into Larry's office to "negiotate" before a match. Or a promo saying he's coming, a la Trytan. If they are going to bring him in, they need to mention it somehow in front of their biggest audience today, but they should do it unless they've got a deal worked out, so they don't plug him and not deliver like when Jarrett namedropped Matt Hardy only for him to not show up. Just a thought...

Get Monty, Homicide and Christian on the same show and that is a charisma rampage. Add in Joe, Styles and the Fallen Angel and that is one damn awesome promotion. Hell, even with Jarrett at the top of the card at the moment it still makes for an extremely strong promotion.

Another guy smaller than you think is AJ Styles. Jeff Hardy isn't thought of as being big, but he dwarfs over AJ.

AJ looks about 5"7, Hardy looks between 6"-6"2.