TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

From PWI:

TNA begins the month of August with a 3-day tour of the Midwest. The dates and locations are:

August 3rd at The Val Air Ballroom in West Des Moines, Iowa

August 4th at The Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Kansas

August 5th at The Cotillion in Wichita, Kansas

Tickets for all three shows go on sale June 30th

An Exploding Hummer! The holy grail of professional wrestling storylines.

Speaking of the Hummer. I thought what the E should have done is have a white Hummer come out and ram the hell out of the limo and leaves and THEN the limo blows up.

But then everyone would suspect Bischoff.

I don't think they give WWE their fans enough credit to remember that.

The new TNA Today features the Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin/LAX match that the spoilers said was so good. I'm watching it now, but two things jumped out at me. First, LAX definitely needs a new mouthpiece (they had Homicide cut a pre-match promo that wasn't very impressive IMO. Two, Tenay and West mentioned Konnan not being with LAX, which I thought was pretty surprising.

The new TNA Today features the Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin/LAX match that the spoilers said was so good. I'm watching it now, but two things jumped out at me. First, LAX definitely needs a new mouthpiece (they had Homicide cut a pre-match promo that wasn't very impressive IMO. Two, Tenay and West mentioned Konnan not being with LAX, which I thought was pretty surprising.

Match was horrible. Shelly and Sabin got squashed.

From Meltzer today:

--Brock Lesnar arrived in Japan yesterday holding the old IWGP title and saying he would defend the title on tomorrow night's show in Sumo Hall. Lesnar was IWGP champion, and because he was owed money by New Japan, never sent them back the belt, so he will defend against most likely Kurt Angle.

IGF wound up pulling the IWGP title part from the match, over legal threats. Angle won via clean tap out in about ten minutes.

So Angle just missed out on holding two belts or is the belt Brock holding defunct? I really don't know too much about the situation other than Brock being owed money.

Lesnar wasn't champion of anything. He's just claiming, in storyline, to still be the champion over not being paid owed money. Lesnar did, however, retain physical possession of the belt over his owed money.

Lesnar wasn't champion of anything. He's just claiming, in storyline, to still be the champion over not being paid owed money. Lesnar did, however, retain physical possession of the belt over his owed money.

Ah, see that makes sense. I was really confused over the whole situation there with Brock.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=25223&p=1

TNA WRESTLING NEGOTIATING WITH MAJOR TV BROADCAST NETWORK

by Mike Johnson @ 4:24:00 PM on 6/29/2007

Several weeks ago, I noted that MyNetworkTV was interested in TNA programming and that the two sides had met. As it turns out, I was wrong.

According to several entertainment industry sources in California, TNA actually met with the Fox network itself at that point, not MyNetworkTV. Negotiations moving forward at this point.

This potential TV deal could mean a pretty major jump in the amount of TV hours the company currently produces weekly because of the opportunity for exposure through multiple networks, as I am hearing this could be a multi-network deal.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=25223&p=1

TNA WRESTLING NEGOTIATING WITH MAJOR TV BROADCAST NETWORK

by Mike Johnson @ 4:24:00 PM on 6/29/2007

Several weeks ago, I noted that MyNetworkTV was interested in TNA programming and that the two sides had met. As it turns out, I was wrong.

According to several entertainment industry sources in California, TNA actually met with the Fox network itself at that point, not MyNetworkTV. Negotiations moving forward at this point.

This potential TV deal could mean a pretty major jump in the amount of TV hours the company currently produces weekly because of the opportunity for exposure through multiple networks, as I am hearing this could be a multi-network deal.

The PROBLEM with this is on FOX, TNA would have to produce major ratings to stay on the air. I like them being on SpikeTV as they are meeting the reasonable expectations. Moving to a major network? That is expectations even the WWE hasn't been able to meet lately.

I just don't know about this.

The PROBLEM with this is on FOX, TNA would have to produce major ratings to stay on the air. I like them being on SpikeTV as they are meeting the reasonable expectations. Moving to a major network? That is expectations even the WWE hasn't been able to meet lately.

I'm almost positive if Fox is talking with TNA, it's for an FX spot.

I'm almost positive if Fox is talking with TNA, it's for an FX spot.

FX won't accept a 1.1 or anything like that either. It's worrisome but if it's like a guarenteed such and such number of years deal, maybe it's beneficial. But isn't Spike paying the contracts of some of the guys in TNA?

I don't understand this story. A jump to MyNet could make sense especially as a complement or replacement for the IFL fighting. TNA just doesn't have the mainstream appeal yet though for a major broadcast network.

What if Kurt Angle made an appearance on IFL Battleground as a guest announcer or did a short training video with some of the IFL "coaches"? Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz did get some crossover attention when they showed up in TNA. If anything now is the perfect time to attempt to steal the WWE audience and the Mynetwork is nearly available everywhere since it took over some of the WB affialates.

Considering Shamrock got canned by UFC, I wouldn't be surprised to see him show up in TNA any day now. Him vs. Angle in a battle of the anklelocks might draw a little money.

In fact, Im suprised its taken so long for a Shamrock/Angle match. I would have thought WWE would have captolised on that as soon as Angle started to use the Ankle lock.

Whow, hang on, Angle and Shamrock never had a fight? I could have swore they had, like you said, it would have made so much sense. I can remember me and my mates talking about it when Angle started using the Ankle lock, saying he was the true master of the Ankle Lock and all that crap.

I fued missed by 5 years or so, but I'd still like to see it.

I fued missed by 5 years or so, but I'd still like to see it.

Same as a DX vs NWO fued. 10 years ago, people would have cared. I can't see people going for an Angle/Shamrock fued. As you said, its about 5 years too late.

The 1st TNA Champ -v- Current Champ, former MMA star -v- 'Wrestlings' Own Legit Shoot Fighter' (I'm sure they could say something crap like that, its TNA after all), many ways to spark interest in the fued. Although, yeah its probably too late to truly capitalize on the situation.

Guest Warriorfan

In regard to the IWGP title I believe Stan Hansen has set a precedent. Hansen began defending the AWA title in Japan after leaving the promotion and I believe it was eventually incorporated into the triple crown. If anything it sets up a great showdown at a joint NJPW/TNA supershow for the undisputed IWGP heavyweight title.

Part of it is that the different companies are in different countries. The laws might not work the same, and Japan might not recognize American copywrights and vice-versa.

Shamrock was already long gone, back to MMA and Pride, by the time Angle started using the anklelock. But I do think it would be a decent feud, even today, it'd get the marks interest (plus Shamrock was always a better worker than a shooter).

Chris Sabin won the All-Japan Junior League tournament polishing off Shuji Kondo with an avalanche Falcon Arrow. He will most likely take on Katsuhiko Nakajima for the Jr. Heavyweight title.

Also, the Voodoo Murders' Suwama will be coming to TNA this upcoming week too, but it is not known if he'll be on the TV events.

PWI Audio:

Dixie Carter is now in Los Angeles negotiating with FOX for a deal that would begin in the Fall. She will not be at the TV tapings tonight.

This is not for My Network TV, and it is not for the Fox Sports Network.

This deal would have TNA taping 2-4 hours of programming per week, and would have TNA programming on more than one FOX owned network.

PWI Audio:

Dixie Carter is now in Los Angeles negotiating with FOX for a deal that would begin in the Fall. She will not be at the TV tapings tonight.

This is not for My Network TV, and it is not for the Fox Sports Network.

This deal would have TNA taping 2-4 hours of programming per week, and would have TNA programming on more than one FOX owned network.

Well, TNA did have a commercial during "The Loop" last night so I guess it's pretty much a done deal. It just scares the living hell out of me. They JUST started to get some kind of established audience on Spike.

I guess if this deals gives them more promotion and more television time then it could work but it feels like a beyond huge risk.

If not Fox Sports or MyNetwork, what other channels are there. I know there is FX, but where else could they go?

I just hope this doesn't all go wrong for TNA. Hey, maybes it'll even be the kick up the pants they need to sort their shit out and give some consistent booking.