TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
landy1987

Bret Hart DVD!

Courtesy BBFC.co.uk (strange its not on Silvervision yet)

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classified.n...6e?OpenDocument

01:24:34:21 THE BRET HART STORY: THE BEST THERE IS

THE BEST THERE WAS

THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE

00:42:53:03 (THE BRET HART STORY: THE BEST THERE IS

THE BEST THERE WAS

THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE)

00:33:06:05 (THE BRET HART STORY: THE BEST THERE IS

THE BEST THERE WAS

THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE EXTRAS 5 OF 5)

00:30:01:00 BRET HART VS. CHRIS BENOIT

00:02:29:01 BRET HART PAYS TRIBUTE TO HIS COLLEAGUES THAT HAVE PASSED AWAY

00:00:38:05 BRET DISCUSSES THE ORIGIN OF THE DUNGEON

00:01:39:08 BRET DISCUSSES BEING AWAY FROM HOME ON HALLOWEEN

00:01:58:05 BRET: FRIENDSHIPS FORMED IN THE HART FOUNDATION

00:00:57:01 BRET: THE ORIGIN OF THE SHARPSHOOTER

00:03:12:21 BRET TELL HOW OWEN CRNK-CALLED STU-HART

00:03:48:15 FAMILY TREE

00:01:29:13 LEARNING THE ROPES

00:02:06:12 SUNGLASSES

00:00:37:02 BEING A VILLIAN

00:01:37:12 REAL MATCHES

00:00:30:04 THE BEST THERE IS

00:00:53:13 HITMAN

00:00:25:01 (THE BRET HART STORY: THE BEST THERE IS

THE BEST THERE WAS

THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE EXTRAS 1 OF 5)

00:15:54:18 THE HART FOUNDATION VS. THE BRITISH BULLDOGS

00:23:25:13 THE HART FOUNDATION VS. THE KILLER BEES

00:17:10:17 BRET HART VS. RICKY STEAMBOAT

00:17:25:13 BRET HART VS. TED DIBIASE

00:10:17:18 THE HART FOUNDATION VS. THE ROCKERS

00:13:50:12 (THE BRET HART STORY: THE BEST THERE IS

THE BEST THERE WAS

THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE EXTRAS 2 OF 5)

00:21:56:15 BRET HART VS. MR. PERFECT

00:30:59:24 BRET HART VS. THE BRITISH BULLDOG

00:14:47:18 BRET HART VS. BAM BAM BIGELOW (SPANISH COMMENTARY)

00:01:42:20 THE KIWIS ARE INTERVIED ON STAMPEDE WRESTLING

00:20:20:17 BRET HART VS. MR. PERFECT KING OF THE RING 93

00:25:33:03 BRET HART VS. OWEN HART

00:17:20:15 BRET HART VS. OWEN HART 29/9/94

00:17:12:03 BRET HART VS. HAKUSHI

00:03:07:12 YOU START THE FIRE

n/a THE BRET HART STORY: THE BEST THERE IS

THE BEST THERE WAS

THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE EXTRAS 4 OF 5)

00:27:05:06 BRET HART VS. KEVIN NASH

00:25:11:10 BRET HART VS. BRITISH BULLDOG

00:27:52:04 BRET HART VS. STONE COLD

00:03:45:02 DEAN HART TRIBUTE

Yeah, looks like some quality stuff. Glad to see that some quality matches are on there, especially stuff with Steamboat, DiBiase, the Rockers, and the Bulldogs. Betting that the Harts/Bulldogs match will be the title victory, but I don't know that for sure. Plus the two matches with Davey Boy, one will be SummerSlam '92, and I'm hoping the other is the IYH 5 bloodbath (Bret bled huge in that one, and it's a quality match). I'll be anxious to see an "easier to read" version of the listing that's hopefully got dates, etc. on it. So far, looks excellent!

Guest Lawlerm

Looks good. I assume there'll be another 2 or 3 full matches on the actual main feature itself that he discusses ie. 1st title win vs. Flair, title win from Mania X etc.

Yeah, looks like some quality stuff. Glad to see that some quality matches are on there, especially stuff with Steamboat, DiBiase, the Rockers, and the Bulldogs. Betting that the Harts/Bulldogs match will be the title victory, but I don't know that for sure. Plus the two matches with Davey Boy, one will be SummerSlam '92, and I'm hoping the other is the IYH 5 bloodbath (Bret bled huge in that one, and it's a quality match). I'll be anxious to see an "easier to read" version of the listing that's hopefully got dates, etc. on it. So far, looks excellent!

From the times listed next to each match I doubt that is the Harts/Bulldogs title change, it will probably be a match from MSG in 1985 I would guess

Guest JesusJuiced

I'd have liked to have seen another Austin match but I guess that's just being picky. Though perhaps the 27:52 match is their Survivor Series outing and WM13 is in the main feature.

Guest Lawlerm
Figured they would have put the Montreal match on there, but maybe Bret decided against it.

I think it might be on the main feature itself. The matches on the listing are the extras.

The listing has the main feature at about 2 3/4 hours and thats not all going to be interview. I think his first 2 title wins will be on there and probably andother 1 or 2 matches.

Guest MikeSC

I wish they'd stick on the Rockers phantom title win.

And I'm glad Montreal isn't on the disc. It wasn't a good match.

Figured they would have put the Montreal match on there, but maybe Bret decided against it.

I would say that's exactly the case. I'm pretty sure Bret wants this to be as positive as possible for the fans, and the Montreal incident has honestly been driven into the ground. Plus, the entire Montreal match can be found on the Best of Confidential, Vol. 1 DVD if you can track a copy of that down . . .

I'd have liked to have seen another Austin match but I guess that's just being picky. Though perhaps the 27:52 match is their Survivor Series outing and WM13 is in the main feature.

With the WrestleMania Box Set coming out within two weeks of this, I'd say that the WM 13 match may not be on the Bret set. I'm hoping it's just talked about in the main segment, and the "extra" match is the Survivor Series '96 match.

no WCW stuff?  of course, I imagine that's one foot note in his career he'd rather forget...

They have the Bret/Benoit tribute match for Owen (although we've seen that before on Benoit's DVD)

Did he have any other matches in WCW that would be worth including? (I rarely saw WCW so don't have a clue)

Guest Fook
00:27:05:06 BRET HART VS. KEVIN NASH

00:27:52:04 BRET HART VS. STONE COLD

Which ones would these be? I'd imagine the one against Nash is the SS95 title win. The one against Austin could be any one of their matches.

I hope they show stuff like RR97 and the Steel Cage match against Sid whereafter he did that profanity-laced promo. It would be a lot better than if they just said "OK, after WM13 Bret became a bad guy" because then we'd see the build and his reasoning for turning (ie. he keeps being screwed).

I'd put the Benoit WCW match on there since it's notable but otherwise he didn't do that much there. Maybe one with Flair was ok but I didn't see Souled Out 98.

Is that Hakushi a KOTR match or was it the awesome match I saw in person on a Raw from 1995? I didn't even know Bret was in the 1995 KOTR tourney.

Guest MikeSC
I'd put the Benoit WCW match on there since it's notable but otherwise he didn't do that much there.  Maybe one with Flair was ok but I didn't see Souled Out 98.

Is that Hakushi a KOTR match or was it the awesome match I saw in person on a Raw from 1995?  I didn't even know Bret was in the 1995 KOTR tourney.

He wasn't. He faced Lawler. Hakushi was May IYH.

And I hope they have the RAW match, not the IYH one.

Sure that Bret vs Benoit match is the Owen Tribute? It could be a Stampede match or something like that. Yeah, I need dates and/or events mentioned to place this matches. The Austin match hopefully is the SurSeries 96 one. I'm surprised his first WWF Title win is not included as an extra, but maybe Bret didn't want Flair's mug on his DVD. Same for Shawn, as I hoped he'll put his first PPV WWF Title defense also, but I figure Bret wanted as little of Shawn as possible.

Terrific lineup still. I'm getting this no matter what.

I'd put the Benoit WCW match on there since it's notable but otherwise he didn't do that much there.  Maybe one with Flair was ok but I didn't see Souled Out 98.

Is that Hakushi a KOTR match or was it the awesome match I saw in person on a Raw from 1995?  I didn't even know Bret was in the 1995 KOTR tourney.

He wasn't. He faced Lawler. Hakushi was May IYH.

And I hope they have the RAW match, not the IYH one.

Yeah, I also hope it's the RAW one.

And what about that Owen match from September 29th? What match is it?

Guest Greg Valentine
And what about that Owen match from September 29th? What match is it?

Just guessing but it may be a Lumberjack match that made it on to a Coliseum Video I have. It's a real fun match, Dusty finish with Owen winning the title and his celebration is classic, I'd love to see it on the DVD.

I think they got the date wrong, so I'd guess its one of the following (I'd guess its the Action Zone match):

WWF @ Portland, ME - Civic Center - August 17, 1994 (3,596)

WWF Superstars taping:

WWF World Champion Bret Hart pinned Owen Hart at 13:50 with a roll up in a lumberjack match; lumberjacks included: Jim Neidhart, 1-2-3 Kid, Jeff Jarrett, Billy & Bart Gunn, the Headshrinkers, the Heavenly Bodies, Kwang, Well Dunn, & Kwang; the challenger had originally won the match and title at 3:06 after Jim Neidhart interfered as Owen was caught in the Sharpshooter and clotheslined the champion - however several of the lumberjacks and other officials had the finish replayed on the big screen so the referee could see what had happened; the match was ordered to continue (Wham Bam Bodyslam)

WWF @ White Plains, NY - Westchester County Civic Center - September 28, 1994

Action Zone - 10/23/94 - initial episode: WWF World Champion Bret Hart pinned Owen Hart (w/ Jim Neidhart) at 15:01 after Davey Boy Smith caused the challenger to crotch himself on the top rope; Smith came ringside mid-way through the bout to counter Neidhart's interference; this was deemed Owen's last shot at the title; after the bout, Bret cut an in-ring promo on Bob Backlund, giving him a title shot at the Survivor Series

I think they got the date wrong, so I'd guess its one of the following (I'd guess its the Action Zone match):

WWF @ Portland, ME - Civic Center - August 17, 1994 (3,596)

WWF Superstars taping:

WWF World Champion Bret Hart pinned Owen Hart at 13:50 with a roll up in a lumberjack match; lumberjacks included: Jim Neidhart, 1-2-3 Kid, Jeff Jarrett, Billy & Bart Gunn, the Headshrinkers, the Heavenly Bodies, Kwang, Well Dunn, & Kwang; the challenger had originally won the match and title at 3:06 after Jim Neidhart interfered as Owen was caught in the Sharpshooter and clotheslined the champion - however several of the lumberjacks and other officials had the finish replayed on the big screen so the referee could see what had happened; the match was ordered to continue (Wham Bam Bodyslam)

WWF @ White Plains, NY - Westchester County Civic Center - September 28, 1994

Action Zone - 10/23/94 - initial episode: WWF World Champion Bret Hart pinned Owen Hart (w/ Jim Neidhart) at 15:01 after Davey Boy Smith caused the challenger to crotch himself on the top rope; Smith came ringside mid-way through the bout to counter Neidhart's interference; this was deemed Owen's last shot at the title; after the bout, Bret cut an in-ring promo on Bob Backlund, giving him a title shot at the Survivor Series

Or, they got the month wrong. Keep in mind the Bret/Owen SummerSlam cage match was on August 29th . . . . though I'd hope, since it was on the Bloodbath cage matches DVD, that it'll be the Action Zone match with the Owen title win/Dusty Finish. That was classic . . .

Not having the dates on some of those matches is funny, since there's like a million Hart Foundation vs. Bulldog matches and what not. Sad to see only the one Austin match on the DVD, and I assume it'll be WMXIII (which I already own) and not Survivor Series 96 (which I need). Looks like a quality piece of work all and all though.