TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Darthtiki

Arkansas Mother Gives Birth to 16th Child

Arkansas Mother Gives Birth to 16th Child

By MELISSA NELSON, Associated Press Writer

2 hours, 51 minutes ago

Michelle Duggar just delivered her 16th child, and she's already thinking about doing it again.

Johannah Faith Duggar was born at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and weighed 7 pounds, 6.5 ounces.

The baby's father, Jim Bob Duggar, a former state representative, said Wednesday that mother and child were doing well.

He said Johannah's birth was especially exciting because it was the first time in eight years the family has had a girl.

Jim Bob Duggar, 40, said he and Michelle, 39, want more children.

"We both just love children and we consider each a blessing from the Lord. I have asked Michelle if she wants more and she said yes, if the Lord wants to give us some she will accept them," he said.

The Discovery Health Channel filmed Johannah's birth and plans to air a show about the family of 18 next May.

The Learning Channel is doing another show about the family's construction project, a 7,000-square foot house that should be finished before Christmas. The home, which the family has been building for two years, will have nine bathrooms, dormitory-style bedrooms for the girls and boys, a commercial kitchen, four washing machines and four dryers.

Jim Bob Duggar, who sells real estate, previously lost his bid for the U.S. Senate. He said he expects to run for the state Senate next year but isn't ready to make a formal announcement.

Michelle Duggar had her first child at age 21, four years after the couple married.

Their children include two sets of twins, and each child has a name beginning with the letter "J": Joshua, 17; John David, 15; Janna, 15; Jill, 14; Jessa, 12; Jinger, 11; Joseph, 10; Josiah, 9; Joy-Anna, 8; Jeremiah, 6; Jedidiah, 6; Jason, 5; James, 4; Justin, 2; and Jackson Levi, 1.

Thoughts???

Guest clockworkraven

I want them to keep it up. They've named one 'Jinger', so you know that the further they get in, the better the names are going to be.

Unless they keep up with the two-names route.

Guest Vitamin X

There has to be a point where really, that's way too fucking much.

I wouldn't want any more kids past say, maybe 3 or so.

My dad is the last of 18 kids. I think someone in my family (A great-grandparent or something) had 21 kids.

16 ain't shit.

Guest MikeSC

Man, I bet sex is no longer a satisfying experience for anybody involved in that marriage.

Man, I bet sex is no longer a satisfying experience for anybody involved in that marriage.

Given where they're from, something tells me that the older kids might be in the mix somewhere...

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

Well, I certainly hope the mother enjoys dying after she pushes this too damned far and leaves the father with all those little snot-nosed brats.

How the fuck do they afford this?

According to the original special that ran on Discovery Health, they owned several convienance stores as well as only spending on necessary items. They make their own clothes as well. If you can find this on tv or through a torrent, I suggest you watch it.

Wow, this HAS to be a new one for Guinness World Records.

Not even close

According to Guinness World Records 2001, the highest officially recorded number of children born to one mother is 69, to the first wife of Feodor Vassilyev (1707-1782) of Shuya, Russia. Between 1725 and 1765, in a total of 27 confinements, she gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, seven sets of triplets, and four sets of quadruplets. 67 of them survived infancy.

The modern world record for giving birth is held by Leontina Albina from San Antonio, Chile. Now in her mid-sixties, Leontina claims to be the mother of 64 children, of which only 55 of them are documented, birth certificates apparently being something of a less-than-serious concern for destitute Chileans. She is listed in the 1999 Guinness book but mysteriously dropped from later editions.

Also, here are pictures of the Duggar family over the years

It's kind of funny watching the evolution

"Remember the good times, when we only had one/two/four/five/seven/ten... children?"