TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

South Park Season 9 / Drawn Together

When did Trey and Matt stop with the holiday specials? Its a huge letdown that there will be no Christmas special this year after the antichrist episode from last year.

When did Trey and Matt stop with the holiday specials? Its a huge letdown that there will be no Christmas special this year after the antichrist episode from last year.

I think you just answered your own question.

They only do holiday specials when they've got a truly funny idea.

I liked the message the episode got across. The fact people say things like alcoholsim, depression, drugs, and other things are considered dieases is bullshit to me as well. I think everyone has their own will power to stop drinking so much, stop being so damn depressed, and stop doing drugs as a whole. Well some drugs, not all drugs because of some of the side effects they give you, but still. I liked the episode.

Thats partly because the FDA and the doctors and stuff want everything to be a disease so they can sell drugs,

also people would rather say they are just sick rather than admit they are doing something wrong and that it is their fault (which is the point trey and matt made here IMO)

anyhow i enjoyed the shows. The statue bleeding and farting had me ROTFL, I was expecting them to say oh its not blood its whatever but then they come out with a gold line like "chicks bleeding out their vagina is no big deal"

DT was great, CT. Hero is the man period

To be fair, they only did the anti-christ episode because all of the woodland animal designs/animation was left-over from the aborted Lemmywinks solo episode and they had to justify spending money on said animation via using them in a new episode.

I'd like to know if people saying drugs and Alcohol aren't diseases have any statistics or proof to back up their claims.

I hated this episode of SP, for that reason alone. Having done research for term papers, and taking Psychology, I've come to find out that yes, it is a disease. Alcohol and drugs fuck with your brain, messing up your abilities hardcore, leaving long term damage to your receptors, which makes it hard to even get by everyday life. At some point, it stops being what you want to do, and what your brain is screaming at you TO do. I used to think "Oh, hey, you can just say no more!", but it does not work that way. People need help to get off that shit.

I'd like to know if people saying drugs and Alcohol aren't diseases have any statistics or proof to back up their claims.

I hated this episode of SP, for that reason alone. Having done research for term papers, and taking Psychology, I've come to find out that yes, it is a disease. Alcohol and drugs fuck with your brain, messing up your abilities hardcore, leaving long term damage to your receptors, which makes it hard to even get by everyday life. At some point, it stops being what you want to do, and what your brain is screaming at you TO do. I used to think "Oh, hey, you can just say no more!", but it does not work that way. People need help to get off that shit.

Blame P&S, who are pretty much obsessed with ramrodding nonsensical right-wing beliefs into the show (like their hate for non-smokers/enviromentalists) just to prove how "hard-core" they are to their right-wing BUTT buddies in Hollywood.

Fuck, I'm quite sure the Kenny/Terri Schiavo episode would have been pro-Frist/DeLay/Bush/Keep her alive against her wishes if not for the fact that P&S would have been caught outright with DeLay/Frist's cum on their faces and hair after a right wing bukakke session with the conservative right with no way to talk their way out of it and end up like Dennis Miller, with South Park cancelled after CC's contract expired for the show and P&S finding themselves labelled ala Miller "People who used to be funny until they decided to flush their credibility down the drain and become full-time cum guzzlers for George W Bush and the religion right".

Blame P&S, who are pretty much obsessed with ramrodding nonsensical right-wing beliefs into the show (like their hate for non-smokers/enviromentalists) just to prove how "hard-core" they are to their right-wing BUTT buddies in Hollywood.

Fuck, I'm quite sure the Kenny/Terri Schiavo episode would have been pro-Frist/DeLay/Bush/Keep her alive against her wishes if not for the fact that P&S would have been caught outright with DeLay/Frist's cum on their faces and hair after a right wing bukakke session with the conservative right with no way to talk their way out of it and end up like Dennis Miller, with South Park cancelled after CC's contract expired for the show and P&S finding themselves labelled ala Miller "People who used to be funny until they decided to flush their credibility down the drain and become full-time cum guzzlers for George W Bush and the religion right".

hsugh.gif

Yeah, their right wing buddies... IN HOLLYWOOD.

hsugh.gif

Yeah, their right wing buddies... IN HOLLYWOOD.

Laugh not; conservative scum exist in Hollywood and P&S have stated in interviews that they proud to be a part of this small but existing section of Hollywood culture that worship the almighty evil that is Conservitive Right Wing Republicanism.....

Guest netslob

and the winner, for Longest Run-on Sentence of the Year, goes too...

i'm gonna go out and a limb and assume your a liberal.

If you bang your head against a wall A LOT, you'll fuck up your head and end up suffering. But banging your head against a wall isn't a disease. These people have conditioned there bodies into expecting something through there own actions, if someone get's liver disease, then they have a disease, but if someone just does stupid shit and wants to drink a lot, they have a problem.

It's self-inflicted and can't be treated with anything other than self control. It's not a disease.

And really, what stats are gonna prove it's a disease? NONE. It's a matter of common sense.

If you bang your head against a wall A LOT, you'll fuck up your head and end up suffering. But banging your head against a wall isn't a disease.

What if the person is bi-polar and has obsessive compulsive disorder?

08.jpg

Its not their fault.

...So did anyone read the alcoholics anonymous link?

http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org/defaul...id=44&pageid=34

I thought South Park's "version" of the 12 step program was just too crazy but it turns out they didn't really change it at all.

1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

Laugh not; conservative scum exist in Hollywood and P&S have stated in interviews that they proud to be a part of this small but existing section of Hollywood culture that worship the almighty evil that is Conservitive Right Wing Republicanism.....

"I hate conservatives, but I really fucking hate liberals." - Matt Stone

Parker is a registered Libertarian as well, which is essentially at the core of all their beliefs.

Part of last Wednesday's episode was about how awful it is for a government-sponsored program (or at least it is in the sense that the government forces those convicted of drunk driving to attend) to force someone to submit to a higher power.

Don't get your panties twisted up over nothing.

Edited by Placebo Effect

The only way you can think P&S are right-wing is if you're a completely insane liberal nutcase extremist who thinks anyone that doesn't agree with you on something is right-wing.

Did you watch the election episode?

The only way you can think P&S are right-wing is if you're a completely insane liberal nutcase extremist who thinks anyone that doesn't agree with you on something is right-wing.

You mean the one where P&S mock and basically spend the entire episode bitching to their audience that voting is stupid and meaningless and you shouldn't do it while utterly forgetting the fact that the 2000 election was one of those elections were every fucking vote actually mattered and where had people not voted for Nader, that Bush would have lost?

Parker is a registered Libertarian as well, which is essentially at the core of all their beliefs

Long rumored to be a cynical ploy by Parker to ensure he doesn't piss off the show's liberal fanbase by having him respond to complaints about his right-wing assholeness by saying "I'm not a Republican! I'm a Libertarian!".....

You dork

They think it's funny.

And it's funny.

Because people like you go *ahem* "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" whenever they take any stance that isn't hardleft. Why should they? Maybe they find that the 12 step program is idiotic. Worthy of ridicule. They've never minced their words.

Look, I'm probably the biggest outspoken environmentalist on this board, or at least I once was, and Trey Parker and Matt Stone have made at least three specific episodes lambasting environmentalism. It's just jokes. It's just jokes. But they're funnier because anyone acting like you is just fun to poke fun at.

Guest JMA
They think it's funny.

And it's funny.

And that's all that really matters. Anyone that gets legitimately angry at South Park needs to chill the fuck out.

You mean the one where P&S mock and basically spend the entire episode bitching to their audience that voting is stupid and meaningless and you shouldn't do it while utterly forgetting the fact that the 2000 election was one of those elections were every fucking vote actually mattered and where had people not voted for Nader, that Bush would have lost?

Good job missing the point of what they were saying. The reason voting is stupid and meaningless is because it doesn't matter which candidate wins. One candidate is a turd sandwich and the other is a giant douche. It was the same way in the 2000 election.

Don't forget about "That's my Bush", a whole show they put on to make Bush look stupid. My grandpa who hates Bush still thinks it's the best show ever on television. How the fuck are they right wing, you black asshole?

Trey and Matt are flaming libratarians, which makes them as right wing as they come minus Jesus freakism. They are more hardcore global warming deniers than the fucking Cato Institue. I also loved the show where the two white writers got their black charactor preach against hate crime legislation. I love the show, but their right wing tendencys are impossible to overlook if you have half a brain.

I think Jason X's goal is to one day hate everything

Not true. He likes that mustached guy in his sig.

Good God, liberals leap to defame and villainize any hint of conservative thought on a TV show while at the same time hiding behind the skirts of the 1st Amendment any time a conservative complains about the rampant liberal tendencies throughout TV and cinema.

It's a fucking TV show. If you don't like it, you don't have to watch it.

Good God, liberals leap to defame and villainize any hint of conservative thought on a TV show while at the same time hiding behind the skirts of the 1st Amendment any time a conservative complains about the rampant liberal tendencies throughout TV and cinema.

Don't confuse liberals with... well... whatever Jasonx is.

Was there a new ep last night or is the half season over?

The 9th season ended last week; No new episodes until Feb/March 2006. which will be the start of season 10.....

somehow I think Matt and Trey purposely make the shows that way so we fans go online and act like morons and argue about it.

Or not

I take it at face value, its a comedy show which often parodies current events (especially recently).

In that sense it's a lot different show now then it was in 97. (thoughts even then it had some thoughts and ideas in it, but not as politcally charged as now)

Don't confuse liberals with... well... whatever Jasonx is.

You're right my apologies, I know liberals that are quite pleasant as long as we just agree to disagree.

Guest Leelee
Let's do the rest of us a favor and not gay up this South Park thread with political talk.

Lolz.

I appreciate you trying, at least.

You know JasonX, if you don't like the shows "Right Wing Bias" (which has to be one of the stupidest things I've heard on this board) then don't watch it. Nobody is forcing you to. Yet, you keep complaining about the show each week, which means that A.) You take this show way too seriously, or B.) You are a lonely man who has no life.

Basically what I'm saying JasonX, is that you should either not watch the show, or just watch it and shut the fuck up. It's a comedy show, nothing more, nothing less. Don't be so serious about it.