TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

South Park Season 9 / Drawn Together

Holy shit. I loved this. It touched on everything stupid related to Katrina in the first act; the people who think it was purely Bush's fault, purely local government's fault, purely FEMA, very much from global warming, etc.

Randy Marsh taking on the Dennis Quaid role was great. Whenever he gets to do a "STAN" it's always good.

"With all due respect cliche dissenting Republican..."

The penis on the map was fantastic.

"I feel so... HOT" and "Don't be a fag."

Cartman and Kyle doing the action finale for the Jew gold was just awesome.

I don't see how you could hate this episode:

"Global warming will strike two days before the day after tomorrow."

"Oh my god...that's today!!!"

*silence*

Everybody freaks out!

"Tom, I'm standing just outside of Chicago where the panic of global warming has already caused countless deaths."

That second one just might be my favorite line of the episode.

I also loved:

"No, we didn't actually see it, we're just reporting it."

The 3D graph that was rotating on the computer screen also got to me. :lol:

Guest Fishyswa

I thought it was hilarious, the end had me in stitches, it was one of those jokes that was better because you saw it coming.

I like episodes like this where there's no need for gross out filler.

I caught the tail end of last year's Drawn Together season. I am really digging this show. The best part about last night was the Princess looking over at the video game hero and saying "Goddamn it, I hate you." THe way she said it had me rolling.

Think we should make a sepearate Drawn Together topic?

I caught the tail end of last year's Drawn Together season.  I am really digging this show.  The best part about last night was the Princess looking over at the video game hero and saying "Goddamn it, I hate you."  THe way she said it had me rolling. 

Xandir's "special move" was even more hilarious because of the sound effect.

I like Drawn Together, except the "Toot is fat and gross" jokes are getting old

I wish they'd go ahead and really remove Toot from the show in favor of someone else.

Besides the "fat and gross" jokes, her "I'm a manipulative bitch" storyline should be completely played out after she lead the entire cast to blow up the house at the end of last season.

The only reason to keep the original cast intact for the time being is so they can show the "Captain Hero loses his powers" episode without a continuity problem. (It was done during the first season but was pulled when Christopher Reeve died.)

Guest JMA

I think it'd be better if a mod just changed the title of this thread to "The One and Only South Park and Drawn Together Thread" (assuming that would fit). We talked about both shows in the past South Park threads anyway.

Guest JMA
I like Drawn Together, except the "Toot is fat and gross" jokes are getting old

They actually had a joke relating to that on the show: "Oh, for God's sake, I'm only slightly overweight!"

Didn't Matt and Trey want Team America to originally be a direct parody of The Day After Tomorrow? I think this was probably them getting that out of their system.

Guest JMA
Didn't Matt and Trey want Team America to originally be a direct parody of The Day After Tomorrow?  I think this was probably them getting that out of their system.

Yep.

Over 60 billion people are reported dead! OMG It wasnt agreat episode but it was a decently funny paraody of the movie and our country in general (are we going to help those people on the roofs? no thats not important, we have to find out whose fault it is) The jew gold thing was out of left field but funny in its bluntness and absurdity.

DT was fun, The shortcake making sockbats slaves story had me LOL. Panties in a vending machine? YIKES

The new "South Park" episode this week is a return to the tired "Torture Butters" formula: The group forces Butters to fake his death and assume a new identity called "Majorine" so that Butters can get invited to the fourth grade girls slumber party and tell the group what goes on at the all-girl slumber parties.....

Easily an A+ episode for me.

"I just like normal girl things, like shopping, ponies, and getting my snatch pounded on a Friday night."

"Witches, you're all witches."

"Can't I just have spaghettios?"

Butters it the best.

The new "South Park" episode this week is a return to the tired "Torture Butters" formula: The group forces Butters to fake his death and assume a new identity called "Majorine" so that Butters can get invited to the fourth grade girls slumber party and tell the group what goes on at the all-girl slumber parties.....

Wow, you just never stop complaining, do you? First it's "Matt and Trey suck up to Bush", now this. Just give it a fucking rest already. If you don't like the show, then fine, don't watch it, and let those of us who do enjoy it not have to listen to you bitch and moan about the show every week.

Anyways, excellent episode. Butters is just too awesome.

That out of the way, Drawn Together was disappointing, especially after last weeks awesome episode.

I really wanted to see the pig-beast abomination thing. Maybe have it be Butters' brother or something. I love creepy old guy.

As for Drawn Together - Yeah, it was kind of 'meh'. Did like the Nazis on dinosaurs at the end, though.

I really wanted to see the pig-beast abomination thing.  Maybe have it be Butters' brother or something.  I love creepy old guy.

The episode was good until the ending; they really should have pulled a Kenny on Butters to resolve the whole mess: Butter's Parents kill their child only to have Stan and Kyle show up to invite Butters to watch Cartman/Kenny destroy the fortune telling toy. We get the two doing a "Oh My God! They Killed Butters! You Bastards!" moment to end the episode. And next week they can have Butters alive and well and the whole thing swept under the rug like all of Kenny's deaths....

Guest JMA

Wow, you just never stop complaining, do you? First it's "Matt and Trey suck up to Bush", now this. Just give it a fucking rest already. If you don't like the show, then fine, don't watch it, and let those of us who do enjoy it not have to listen to you bitch and moan about the show every week.

Anyways, excellent episode. Butters is just too awesome.

That out of the way, Drawn Together was disappointing, especially after last weeks awesome episode.

I agree on ALL counts. Butters does indeed rule.