TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

The Lutherburger

Guest Vitamin X

So, I was reading a magazine today and it mentioned something called a Lutherburger, which is a snack served in Decatur, GA's famed Mulligan's. Rumored to be a favorite of R&B legend Luther Vandross, this is a bacon cheeseburger but with Krispy Kreme donuts instead of hamburger buns. Seeing as how I have day-old Krispy Kreme in my kitchen, and I've been looking for a strange yet possibly quite tasty thing to eat, I think I just may have to try this out. I think this excerpt I found looking for a bit more information on the Lutherburger just about sums it up best:

Is the Luther Burger, for instance, just a gut bomb that you'll soon regret eating? No. It is a symbol of the indomitable human spirit. It's a reminder that the human being is a relentless eating machine, conditioned by thousands of years and by inescapable biology to consume and store massive amounts of calories.

So, let's hear some more suggestions for some amazingly decadent foods we should try. The cheaper to make and preferably at home, the better.

Does the meal come with an extra large fry slathered in country gravy and a 55 gallon Jolt cola as well as a cardiologist and defib paddles as the free toy inside?

Guest El Satanico

How would you fry something in miracle whip? It also sounds awful.

When in doubt, buy a deep fryer and start throwing random food substances in. Candy bars are good, because the chocalete and stuff gets nice and goery. Deep fried steak is ok. deep frying wholee sandwiches could be good, if you can figure out whole to keep it from falling apart in the oil.

As far as decadant foods go, I love the po' boy. It's not at the level of a Luther Burger or anything, but it's delicious.

I went to Tulane (poor Tulane.) and a staple down south is the po' boy. Basically their word for a sub or hero down there, but it traditionally incoporates some type of deep fried foodstuff as meat, usually fried shrimp, oysters or chicken. Also it's usually served on a nice, crusty french bread. with lettuce, tomatoes and sauce. A good fried shrimp po' boy is just delicious.

shrimppoboys.jpg

The worst I've seen is the French Fry po' boy. It's dirt cheap, usually like two dollars. A 12" sub with french fries and gravy. That's fucking it. Totally the thing you eat when you are dirt poor and need massive caloric intake for cheap.

Edited by Special K

Guest Vitamin X

Special K, I think the hamdog is missing representation in this thread aesthetically.

Hamdog hamdogggggg~!

anatomy-of-a-hamdog.gif

Also there's a place near me called Gordito's which serves a grande burrito. It's two of the biggest flour tortillas I've ever seen, barely overlapping, filled to the brim. The ingredients are actually fairly healthy (and delicious), grilled meat, rice, lettuce, salsa, fat-free black beans. Jalapenos if you want them. (Of course you can then smother it in melted cheese) It's just the thing is massive. They have a picture of it next to an eight-pound newborn baby in the restaurant, and it's JUST a tad bit smaller than the baby.

I used to be able to house one of those things. Of course back then I rowed, was skinny, and ate like 4000+ calories a day.

Edited by Special K

Hey! Here's a not-very-good picture of their normal burrito. The lady in the picture is like the nicest woman ever.

eat14.jpg

Edited by Special K

Fried chicken poutine. At Au Coq in Montreal, you can get that for 8 dollars. It is like a huge amount of french fries with chunks of cheese and pieces of fried chicken, with BBQ sauce all over it. Greatest food ever.

poutine.jpg

Imagine that with fried chicken on it.

Edited by Kapoutman

Guest Vitamin X

Oh yes, I've heard about poutines before. We don't really have them here in America.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I have no idea why Poutine isn't HUGE in the states. It'd fit right in at Hardees.

Guest Vitamin X

Also, to note something else about poutines/any french fry-related cuisine in Canada.. one of the greatest things I've discovered come from a Canadian friend of mine who suggested dipping them in mayonaisse instead of ketchup. Since I hate ketchup as a regular dipping sauce for anything, I was keen on the idea and fucking LOVED it. More people should eat french fries with mayo. Good god yes!