TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JN News

Favorite Mario Game

Super Mario World.

SMB2 would probably be my favorite though if it was 2 players.

There's a two player battle mode to it, isn't there? Wasn't that included in super mario all stars (my memory is shoddy right now, it's been a long time since I playe sm all stars

funny thing about smb2, I liked using every character EXCEPT for mario, because he was so generic. Peach was awesometastic with her flying, and toad was just so wicked fast :)

Guest ABOBO

Koopa Troopa was always off limits in Mario Kart because there was always a fight about who got to use him. It's funny, whenever there are multiple characters to pick from, everybody seems to avoid being Mario.

Somebody else put a ban on using Koopa Troopa in Mario Kart as well? I thought we were the only ones who fought over that.

Anyway, my votes:

1. Mario Kart (SNES)

2. SMB 3

3. Super Mario World

Guest ABOBO

Toad's top speed and acceleration were below Koopa Troopa's. Possibly his turning too. The group I played with were all of nearly identical skill levels and 95% of the time the player using Koopa beat the player using Toad.

Toad's top speed and acceleration were below Koopa Troopa's.  Possibly his turning too.  The group I played with were all of nearly identical skill levels and 95% of the time the player using Koopa beat the player using Toad.

Koopa troopa was the best without a doubt. :)

He was cooler too, who didn't want to be a koopa troopa, it was one of the lures of the game for me. I still used bowser a lot (especially in battle mode) because he was cool too!

Guest OSIcon

1. Super Mario Bros. 3 - This is the first game I *needed* to get right when it came out. I remember it being sold out everywhere but we managed to get a copy within the first week (I think my Mom might have pre-ordered it). I just played through the entire game again last summer on the GBA. It is still really fun and not all that easy.

2. Mario Kart 64 - The main reason the 64 version goes over the others is because that was the one I got the most play out of by far. I still play it. Last semester my roommates and I had an X-Box, PS2, Gamecube, SNES, and N64. The game (and system) that got by FAR the most playing time was Mario Kart 64. It is just such a fun multiplayer game that (it seems) everyone has played before and enjoys.

3. Super Mario 64 - It might just be my tastes and my Mario fandom, but I can still play this today. The game was unbelievable to me when it came out. Obviously it has been passed up in most every department, but it is still a very fun game.

4. Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga - I don't have the big blocks of time needed to play most RPG's these days. Superstar Saga was perfect for me. A simple but fun story and fun/interactive battles without having to devote three hours to in order to just get through on area. I really liked both Paper Marios for the same reasons.

5. Mario Party - Doesn't matter which ones.

Smash Bros. would be on the list too but I didn't think that was really a "Mario" game.

Bowser was a terrible choice for battle mode.

Yeah, I always used Yoshi on SNES because he could get away the fastest. If the other player got a red shell, it was easy to make a U turn and dart around the corner. But for Mario Kart 64, I liked to use Bowser because you could just run into people and make them lose balloons and that annoyed everyone. :) Sometimes if a player was stuck in a corner, you could hit him 3 times hard annd he would lose all 3 balloons.

My top three:

- Super Mario World: Mainly due to cool stuff like the cape, and being able to use Yoshi.

- SMB3: Man, this game was hyped like crazy, and deserved it. I remember going to the local rental place, and it was always rented out for weeks at a time...I finally got to buy it later than summer, and had a blast with it. Took me a LONG time to beat, too.

- Super Mario Bros: I begged my parents for a Nintendo pretty much just for this game alone.

Honorable mention: SMB2...I like how the environments are fairly interactive, like climbing vines and being able to ride on enemies, etc.

I've never gotten to play Super Mario 64, sadly. I didn't get an N64 right away, and when I finally did, this game was kind of passe at that point, I guess.

Koopa Troopa was my favorite in the original. I was always upset he wasn't in 64.

Replacing the lame DK Jr. design with DKC DK was good though. He quickly became one of my favorites since I was obsessed with DKC back then. That and Peach because...I'm not really sure why.

Daisy being added to DD is the best roster addition ever though. Daisy is top tier in Tennis and Party.

1. SMB 2

2. Mario KArt (snes) my cousin andI had a great time palyign this one

3 SMB

4. SM Land 2 for gameboy

5. Uhhhh..... Mario Paint for snes, same cousin and I had loads of fun making funny pictures and songs

Never played any of the others (even 64, even though I OWN A 64 CONSOLE I GOT In 1997)

Super Mario Bros. 2 is and always will be my favorite. Although that is possibly an odd choice, since it's arguably the least Mario-like Mario game ever made.

Bowser was a terrible choice for battle mode.

Yeah, I always used Yoshi on SNES because he could get away the fastest. If the other player got a red shell, it was easy to make a U turn and dart around the corner. But for Mario Kart 64, I liked to use Bowser because you could just run into people and make them lose balloons and that annoyed everyone. :) Sometimes if a player was stuck in a corner, you could hit him 3 times hard annd he would lose all 3 balloons.

Same applies to Mario Kart DS. Bowser is an absolute NIGHTMARE when you are any of the lighter weight racers and you either meet him in the battle arena or in Grand Prix mode. I think every second or third time I play as Dry Bones on Choco Mountain, Bowser blows me to shit near the falling boulders and completely destroys my momentum.

If you can handle his weaknesses, Bowser can be just about unstoppable.