TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cdub112

Christian Quits the WWE

Guest cdub112

This is up on wwe.com's main site right now:

SmackDown Superstar Christian has quit WWE. Check back here later today as more information becomes available.

Well, he quit himself and wasn't released, at least.

Of course, lack of details won't stop us from speculating that he quit because WWE wouldn't give him anything resembling a push even though he was getting over well by himself several times.

Yeah, I'm going to wait for someone else to confirm this. WWE certainly isn't above working the fans over something like this on its website.

Guest Chrisly_2005

This is not good news. Christian was one of my favorite guys on TV, let alone Smackdown. I sure hope this isnt a decision that he lives to regret. TNA should sign this guy pronto because he has drawing power, especially if they use him right.

Guest jackie fargo

You guys are getting worked-this is the WWE's new direction-they are working storylines...

ALA- the Micheals-Hogan match-Micheals shooting on Hogan

Lita-Matt-Edge-

J.R. being fired-

You guys are getting worked-this is the WWE's new direction-they are working storylines...

ALA- the Micheals-Hogan match-Micheals shooting on Hogan

Lita-Matt-Edge-

J.R. being fired-

The initial happenings of Lita/Matt/Edge was not a work. He was released.

I guess the guy got pissed after being told for years "guys have to get themselves over, they can't expect to just be given a push because they think they deserve one", and then after he got himself over he was rewarded with constantly jobbing. He was never the most exciting performer but when motivated and working with the right person he has pulled out some nifty spots and if nothing else has been consistently entertaining for the last 2 years since his run as The Rock's suck up. It's a shame as he has rarely been injured despite taking crazy bumps over the years with the exception of his back injury last year. I guess he got tired of banging on the glass ceiling, momentarily breaking through (as he did in the Cena feud) before others protecting their spots got management to reinforce the floor yet again. Having his merch dumped earlier this year, taking away his income from royalties on those, probably didn't help either.

From Meltzer:

Jay Reso's final match in WWE was last night at the TV tapings in Los Angeles. While the WWE web site reported him quitting, which was accurate, what happened was a week ago in San Francisco, he was given a new contract, as his old one expired, and told to sign on the spot. He didn't sign.

He did come back to work and do another job last night when he quit.

I dont want to start a flame-war or anything, but I never saw what the big fuss was over Christian. He's decent on the mic, but has never greatly impressed me in the ring (aside from taking his share of SICK bumps during TC matches). Gotta give him his due for telling WWE to stick it and quit on them since hes been the token jobber for the company the entire year. If he can get signed with TNA, maybe I will get to see some more impressive things from him in the ring. Good luck to him, for sure!

Guest SavageRulz

I wonder if this has anything to do with or if it is going to affect Taboo Tuesday in any way? It probably doesn't, but Christian was on the ballot, and I'm sure he did receive some votes. It probably doesn't mean much for the PPV as WWE is probably going to put Rey Mysterio and JBL in the match regardless, but just something that sprang to mind.

I wonder if this has anything to do with or if it is going to affect Taboo Tuesday in any way? It probably doesn't, but Christian was on the ballot, and I'm sure he did receive some votes. It probably doesn't mean much for the PPV as WWE is probably going to put Rey Mysterio and JBL in the match regardless, but just something that sprang to mind.

Yeah, right, like Taboo Tuesday voting isn't a fixed outcome already...

From Meltzer:

Jay Reso's final match in WWE was last night at the TV tapings in Los Angeles. While the WWE web site reported him quitting, which was accurate, what happened was a week ago in San Francisco, he was given a new contract, as his old one expired, and told to sign on the spot. He didn't sign.

He did come back to work and do another job last night when he quit.

Guess that means there is no no-compete clause bullshit for him to worry about. B-)