TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Baron

The NHL Thread

That's cool. I don't begrudge fans of his. For me, he is on the list of punk bitches. I am always and will be for fighting in hockey, but a man his size should of just manned up if he wanted to get Moore that bad. Moore wasn't a Lemieux and trying to avoid any fights(if I remember correctly, he already had scrapped that game).

It's just how I feel. Anyways, old discussion done to death. Hell of a player though. The hands he has for his size to puck handle the way he does is amazing. He had 2 goals against Detroit last night that were nifty moves.

What a third period by Calgary tonight. 25 shots on Dwayne Roloson, who did very well to hold the Flames to three goals in that period.

I do believe that Jarome Iginla is back.

On the other side of Alberta, The Oilers finish off the road trip with a 5-2 victory in Colorado. Oilers finish the 7-gamer with a respectable 4-3 record and return home to face Detroit.

As my hockey coverage has changed dramatically since the last season they played, I can't see near as much of other teams as I want. So anyone who has watched them play much, what is up with Tampa Bay? From champs to barely a .500 record at the moment, what is wrong? Is it as simple as going with Grahame as the main goalie?( I see GA is 2.97) From watching them last year they seemed to be built for the new version of the league. Being as early in the season as it is, it's not time for their fans to panic, but I'm curious of others opinions.

Rangers have a huge test in Toronto tonight. The Rangers aren't very big, and the Leafs have a lot of big strong guys.

How good would the Rangers be without the resurgence of Jagr?

Dammit, I should have picked em on Pro-Line tonight. 2.50 odds to win by one goal, for pete's sakes! That's unprecedentedly good.

Jagr is a big part of it, but its really the young guys whjo are making a huge difference, plus basically having two goalies playing really really well. Moore, Prucha, Ortmyer ect ... have really helped the team, and they all kill penalties very very well. If the Rangers didn't have the 2nd best penatly kill in the league, they'd be fucked, as they take a shitload of bad penalties.

Marty St.Louis out for a month after breaking his finger in practice.

And the Lightning still beat up on the Flyers last night.

A watered down example of the Ewing Theory, eh?

Also, Gonchar is injured for Pittsburgh. A groin injury I believe. I have him in my fantasy league. In this custom league, we have an IR to place one player on.

Now, I just wish that the powers that be can declare him to be on the injured list, because I just know that groin injuries don't last just three days. The groin is an integral part of a skater's stride.

2-0 Hurricanes lead after two periods. This game should do wonders for the Hurricanes as far as in the public view. Definitely should establish them as one of the better teams in the NHL.

2-0 Hurricanes lead after two periods.  This game should do wonders for the Hurricanes as far as in the public view.  Definitely should establish them as one of the better teams in the NHL.

As long as no one remembers that they just lost 9-0 to the Thrashers.

They defeat the consensus best team in the NHL and people sure will forget that loss to the Thrashers. Especially considering tonight's game is in Ottawa.

The refs in the Rangers/Leafes game has been awful. Moore got called on a goalie interference penatly when he didn't even touch Belfour, Belfour just slipped, and it led to a goal.

It was a great game, however, despite the Leafs looking really disoriented for a lot of it.

What the hell is with the Habs? Second straight time to the cats they've given up a 3 goal lead...I know I touted the Panthers ad nauseum in the off season, but until they dont lose 8 straight, they're at best, a mediocre team.

Just for fun, lets name some notables who would/wouldn't make you Olympic team if you were Gretzky:

Would: Spezza, Nash, Mccabe, Crosby

Before the Leaf haters jump on me, you'll recall there's at least 4 Cup final appearances on the Leaf roster right now, and Mccabe is comfortably leading the team in points, he's also 1 goal behind the team lead, behind the most touted player ever apart from Gretz and Crosby, and.

Would not: Yzerman, Lemieux, Pronger, Blake.

The refs in the Rangers/Leafes game has been awful. Moore got called on a goalie interference penatly when he didn't even touch Belfour, Belfour just slipped, and it led to a goal.

Are you blind? The reply showed he clearly struck Eddie's right foot with his skate and thus, tripped him up.

Even if I'm wrong, Belfour was WAY out of the creece (sp?). Whats Moore supposed to do, not go for the puck because hes there? its like a goalie pick or something.

That Fedorov trade was some funny shit. I love that Anaheim is already throwing in the towel for this season.

Just for fun, lets name some notables who would/wouldn't make you Olympic team if you were Gretzky:

Would: Spezza, Nash, Mccabe, Crosby

Before the Leaf haters jump on me, you'll recall there's at least 4 Cup final appearances on the Leaf roster right now, and Mccabe is comfortably leading the team in points, he's also 1 goal behind the team lead, behind the most touted player ever apart from Gretz and Crosby, and.

Hurting McCabe is his bad +/-, but I think he might make the team just for his play on the PP. Quinn's obviously going to put in a good word for him.

A bunch of teams could use him, but I don't really see any need to pick him up. He's an overpaid 3rd line center.

Maybe Atlanta will pick him up to put he and Holik on the same line. You know, the two recipients of the worst contracts in NHL history.