TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Eddy Guerrero passes away

What the fuck? Oh my god this sucks. I loved Eddie and I was so happy when I heard that Batista was injured because I thought it meant that Eddie would get another run with the title. Now he's gone. Shocking. Unbelievable.

Guest Brian

Fuck. Fuck all of this shit. Fuck. I'm really fucking pissed. Eddie was cleaned up, and he was one of the good ones again. He was my fucking idol. He was the kind of wrestler I wanted to be. Goddammit.

RIP.

I wonder if they're going to rewrite the entire Supershow tonight or just cancel it altogether.

They won't cancel it, but I'm sure they'll get rid of the main event slot for a tribute at the very least. I'd imagine that Chavo will get a win and there will be some sort or tribute match with his friends.

Rest in Peace, Eddie, you were a favorite of mine, and you died way too young, this is about as tragic to me as Chris Candido dying, maybe moreso because I was more familiar with Eddie

They fixed the announcement on WWE.com

Eddie Guerrero passes away

Nov. 13, 2005

WWE is deeply saddened by the news that Eddie Guerrero has passed away. He was found dead this morning in his hotel room in Minneapolis. Eddie is survived by his wife Vickie and daughters Kaylie Marie, Shaul and Sherilyn.

I have no idea what to say here. At first I thought it was one of those bad rumors that somehow get started about a big-time wrestler passing that finds their way around the Net once every couple of months.

I lower my head for the ten-bell salute to him...I really don't have anything else to say at this moment. :(

http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_317110540.html

(WCCO) Minneapolis World Wrestling Entertainment wrestler Eddie Guerrero was found dead in his hotel room in Minneapolis, the organization said Sunday.

Guerrero, 38, was found at the Marriott City Center in downtown Minneapolis. He was in town for Sunday night's "WWE Supershow" TV taping at Target Center.

Police confirmed Guerrero's death, but are not yet releasing additional information. The Hennepin County Medical Examiner was at the hotel.

Guerrero was a featured star on the UPN series "WWE Smackdown!" and the subject of a full-length DVD titled "Cheating Death, Stealing Life."

Son of legendary Mexican wrestler Gory Guerrero, Eddie Guerrero has also wrestled with World Championship Wrestling and Extreme Championship Wrestling, among other federations. His nephew, Chavo Guerrero, Jr., also wrestles with WWE.

Stay with WCCO.COM for more information as it becomes available.

This is actually the top story on WCCO right now. It's already making big news everywhere.

Guest *KNK*

Thi might be the saddest death I've personally felt in regards to professional wrestling. Owen's death was so sudden and shocking that it took time to let in sink in. This is a case of someone who fought so hard to beat his demons and did so and was on the right path and was getting back to his natural high of a year before...then as we all learned this sunday morning, You cant really prepare for anything.

All the speculation about who would and should take the WWE title doesnt matter anymore, and as we learned, never really mattered because we can't control these types of events, we can't predict them.

It's yet again, although cliche, a lesson to learn.

I want to say im completely shocked but I'm not, I've become numb to the lost of not just professional wrestlers but any strong figures and role models in our society. I'm just sad for his beautiful family, his strong support in that locker room and across EVERY locker room in the world from the TNA locker-room in Orlando right now, to the OVW locker room in Louisville and all the small indies and japan promotions, this is a sad day for the wrestling world.

I can't believe this.......I saw the thread title and thought i was misreading it. I thought maybe it was one of the other Guerreros, not that it would have made it any better. This is unbelievable.

Rest In peace Eddie, and may the lord be with you

I know that it's hard to talk about what to do tonight, but I'd honestly strongly consider cancelling the show and refunding everyone. I'd replace RAW this week with the Eddie Guerrero DVD in honor of him, edited for TV time, and on Friday night I'd have a Eddie Guerrero's best matches or something like that in order to save time on UPN and USA>

Then next week, have a live tribute on RAW...and go from there. I don't see that happening, but that's how I'd handle the situation. It's going to be hard enough to go on the European Tour for everyone, let alone try to wrestle tonight.

Guest *KNK*

It's not important at all right now, but one of my thoughts right now is, how does this affect Chris Benoit's desire to stay with the company.

He lost one of his best friends and the one guy who went along with him for the entire ride from Japan to ECW to WCW and WWE and they shared the spotlight on the greatest stage together not so long ago.

There's so many why's, what if's and how's in my mind right but all that matters really is...

WHO.

and that who was someone very significant in the world that all of us love in some form or another.

Wow.... holy fucking shit..

I wish I had watched Smackdown more often now.

I'm kicking myself for not tuning in last Friday...this week's programming will be absolutely surreal.

They should just run "Best of Eddie" shows all week. Won't be that hard to find 4 hours worth of **** and ***** Eddie Guerrero matches.

I've been thinking bout Benoit as well but don't you think he'll stay now for sure because Eddie wanted him to stay. Out of respect for Eddie he stays in the WWE and puts on the best matches ever.

Guest Duke_The_Dog

FWIW, the Torch is reporting that Guerrero had breakfast this morning with Chavo and another wrestler, went back to his room, and then was found dead when he didn't return when expected.

RIP Eddie. God Bless you and keep you.

I know it shouldnt be speculated on but...

Maybe he had some anxiety attack about getting the belt back again and it led to something else?

He did have serious anxiety issues when he had the belt during his last reign.

FWIW, the Torch is reporting that Guerrero had breakfast this morning with Chavo and another wrestler, went back to his room, and then was found dead when he didn't return when expected.

WWE News

WWE News: More notes on Eddie Guerrero's death

By Wade Keller, Torch editor

Nov 13, 2005, 11:22

Eddie Guerrero had breakfast this morning with Chavo Guerrero and at least one other wrestler, then returned to his hotel room. When he didn't come out of his room in the expected amount of time, friends went looking for him and found him dead.

Guerrero has a long history of battling pain pill addiction, a struggle that was chronicled in a UPN special last year which is now on DVD. There is no firm confirmation, though, at this time, that his death was related to his lifelong battle.

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_15352.shtml

Guest Duke_The_Dog

Another news site: As I am sure you will all understand, the reaction to Eddie Guerrero's sudden passing has blindsided everyone I talked to in WWE this morning. The workers I have spoken to about it are just numb and shocked.

The word I have gotten is that the company has decided to make both the Raw and Smackdown shows at tonight's combined taping in Minneapolis tribute shows to Eddie. The usual format for the shows has been changed to instead incorporate tributes to Eddie.

I still can't believe he's gone.

Guest *KNK*

I guess it's somewhat comforting to know that Eddie got to be with his nephew one last time. It's safe to assume that the last person he had any contact with was Chavo.

Of course, you have to wonder if the breakfast had anything to do with it, but I wouldn't expect it.