TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Eddy Guerrero passes away

Guest Tuxedo Mask

I have nothing to add that hasn't been said... I just wish I could wake up, but I'm not sleeping. I logged on to my work computer, saw the top thread in the WWE fodler was "Eddie Guerrero passes away". I hoped it was a sick joke thread... then I saw the subtitle "it's on WWE.com". I'm just so down right now.. knowing I have to work for 10 more hours. I feel really bad for the SmackDown crew... no, the whole WWE. For everyone. And to die the day that you were probably going to win your second world title... good Lord, that just makes this situation so much worse than it already is. And for the WWE... Batista/Eddie was their thing right now. I liked the friends angle once WWE decided to keep Eddie face. Now Batista is injured and Eddie has died. It hasn't sunk in... I'm just typing away at a keyboard... thoughts are not clear. I need time to clear my head.

Do any of you remember memorable quotes from Eddie? If so, please post some to remember him. :(

He's one of those guys, casual fans know who he is, and like his work, if only for Latino Heat. I don't even have to say it, but I hope tonight he is honoured properly.

Guest Duke_The_Dog
WWE News: WWE To Pay Tribute To Guerrero Tonight

Posted By Larry Csonka on 11.13.05

A special night planned...

WWE was to tape Raw and Smackdown this evening as a joint taping before heading to Europe to tour. The initial show plans have been changed and the shows will now pay tribute to Eddie.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Guest thebigjig

I don't post here often anymore, but I felt compelled to do so after hearing news of Eddie's death.

I didn't really become a fan of Eddie's until he jumped ship from WCW to WWE. I stopped watching wrestling around 1993 after following it since 1988 as a kid. It wasn't until 1999/2000 when I started watching again, so I missed most of Eddie's work in WCW. However, I quickly became a fan. How could you NOT love this man? His personality, his work ethic, his look... all traits that seperated him immensely from a roster of near carbon copy, assembly line muscle heads.

In 2004, my friends and I all pitched in to order No Way Out because we knew that the title was going to be dropped to a man we loved, and someone we believed would never get the chance to be the top star. And even though his win was obvious in the weeks leading up to the pay per view, the moment still caused us to stand and cheer.

The moment at WrestleMania XX after Benoit won and stood in the ring, embracing and crying with Eddie is my favorite professional wrestling moment EVER, and it was even before this morning. I've been a wrestling fan since the Hogan/Macho Man/Elizabeth love triangle pulled me into the bizarre world of Pro Wrestling and I've seen many moments. I was there, as a fan, to witness the awesomeness of Warrior/Hogan (the match AND the build up). As a mark, I cheered Hogan in his battle against the evil Sgt. Slaughter. I was there when Bret Hart shocked the world and was given the WWF title. In 2001, I witnessed Vince McMahon on WCW Monday Nitro, the most surreal moment for me at the time. But on the night of WrestleMania XX, that short 2 minute moment with two best friends who had travelled the world together, who had been told that they would never be anything more than mid carders, embracing holding their trophies, crying with tears of joy... that moment tops everything I've seen because it represented something we rarely get to see in this business... the real good guys being rewarded.

I had the opportunity to see Eddie live at a house show shortly after his program with JBL began. The entire card was awful, and before the Eddie/JBL match, I was questioning whether my money could've gone elsewhere that day. And then... Eddie's music fired up, and out he came holding a title I never thought I would see him hold. The match was entertaining, not necessarily because of the match itself, but because you could see in Eddie's face that he was having a good time. The fans loved him, and his interraction with them proved that he loved them as well.

Eddie is just proof, once again, that the good die young. Rest in peace, Latino Heat.

Even though Eddy is gone we'll always have the videos of his best matches. One of the main reasons I watched Nitro. One of the main reasons I still watch WWE. Adios Eddy You got to be the champ. You were good enough to be better.

Eddy vs. Rey Jr. from Halloween Havoc

Eddy vs. Angle from Mania

Eddy vs. Brock - Eddy wins the title

Eddy vs. Edge - Hardcore Match that became a ladder match on SD a few years back.

Eddy vs. RVD - Ladder match from RAW

The 2 out of 3 Falls AAA PPV match

I'm sure you could all add to the list.

Press conference regarding Guerrero's death

Nov. 13, 2005

Vince McMahon and Chavo Guerrero held a press conference regarding the untimely death of Eddie Guerrero today at 12:45 CT. At this time, the circumstances surrounding his death are still unclear.

Video of the entire press conference will be made available on WWE.com shortly.

Credit: WWE.com

Wow, I really don't know if I'll be able to watch that. I already doubt I could sit through an Eddie match today.

Guest Ronixis

This is some shit.

This is worst news that could happen.

I feel for his wife and his daughters, and the rest of his family.

There going to read some statements (Vince and Chavo) about this later today but nothing much that we dont know...

But now The Brand is screwed six ways til sunday with the world title. I dont know if Benoit would stay and right now they need to wake up as soon as possible.

That moment that Eddie and Benoit held the titles i felt was the end of the Aittude era (Austin/Rock/HHH/Goldberg/ECW sagas non withstanding) and the start of the new one...they didnt start it until a year later and kicking JR out... but I hope if there is any shred of diginaty left in the company- they would start a true new era Tonight.

Guest Duke_The_Dog

Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero

Birthday: October 9, 1967

Hometown: Born in Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico

Grew up in El Paso, Texas

Resident of Tampa, Florida

Marital Status: Married w/Kids

Height: 5'9 - 223 lbs

Trained by: Gory Guerrero

Debut: 1987

Previous Gimmicks: Black Tiger (New Japan)

El Caliente (WCW)

Latino Heat (WWF)

Finishing Move: Frog Splash

Lasso from El Paso

Favorite Moves:

Figure Four Leglock

Splash Mountain

Black Tiger Bomb

Brainbuster

Catapult Somersault Senton

Superplex

Gory Special

German Suplex

Pescado

Tornado DDT

European Uppercut

Spinning Boot Scrape

Trifecta of Vertical Suplexes

Sommersault to Avoid Frog Splash

Powerbomb

Notable Feuds:

Dean Malenko

Diamond Dallas Page

Notable Feuds:

Chyna

Billy Gunn

Rob Van Dam

Steve Austin

Spike Dudley

Bubba Dudley

Rikishi

Edge

Chris Benoit

Kurt Angle

Team Angle

Tajiri

John Cena

The Basham Brothers

Chavo Guerrero

Chavo Guerrero Sr.

Brock Lesnar

Kurt Angle

John Bradshaw Layfield

Basham Brothers

Rey Mysterio

Guest Duke_The_Dog

Titles held:

LAWA Heavyweight title;

WWA World Trios titles w/Chavo & Mando Guerrero;

WWA World Welterweight title;

AAA/IWC World Tag Team titles w/Art Barr;

ECW Television title (2);

WCW United States Heavyweight title;

WCW Cruiserweight title (2);

PWF World Tag Team titles w/Hector Guerrero;

WWF European title (2);

WWF Intercontinental title (2);

WWA International Cruiserweight title defeating Juventud Guerrera & Psicosis;

IWA Mid-South Heavyweight title;

WWE Tag Team titles w/Chavo Guerrero;

WWE Tag Team titles w/Tajiri defeating Team Angle (Judgement Day 2003);

WWE United States title defeating Chris Benoit in a Tournament Final (Vengeance 200);

WWE Heavyweight title defeating Brock Lesnar (No Way Out February 15, 2004);

WWE Tag Team titles w/Rey Mysterio defeating The Basham Brothers (February 20, 2005);

Guest clockworkraven

Sorry if this has already been said.

But his last televised match was with Ken Kennedy and being laid out afterwards.

Damn.

Guest clockworkraven
TNA JOINS THE WRESTLING WORLD IN MOURNING THE PASSING OF EDDIE GUERRERO

On Sunday morning, TNA joined the wrestling world in learning of the unfortunate and untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero.

The mood backstage in Orlando is solemn, as many TNA staff and stars were close with Eddie and worked with him throughout his career.

Everyone in TNA will keep Eddie and his family in our thoughts and prayers in the days and weeks to come as we say goodbye to a friend...

http://www.tnawrestling.com/fullnews.php?home=308