TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Eddy Guerrero passes away

Guest Duke_The_Dog

Just a refresher for those who missed it paged ago:

Eddie was found by Chavo in his hotel bathroom this morning, with a toothbrush in his mouth. He is thought to have died of heart failure.

My question is, does Chavo continue to play whatever his new gimmick is, or does he go back to being a Guerrero?

His profile on WWE.com.

Name: Eddie Guerrero

Height: 5 foot 8

Weight: 220 pounds

Finishing Move: Frog Splash; Lasso from El Paso

Career Highlights: WWE World Heavyweight Title (defeated Brock Lesnar at No Way Out on February 15, 2004); WWE Tag Team Titles (3 times); WWE Intercontinental title (2 times); WWE United States Title (defeated Chris Benoit in tournament final at Vengeance 2003);  WWE European Title (2 times); WCW United States Title, WCW Cruiserweight Title, ECW Television Title (2 times)

One of the most gifted WWE Superstars on the SmackDown roster, Eddie Guerrero was also one of the most conflicted and tortured souls to ever step foot in a WWE ring. With wrestling running through his bloodlines on both sides of his family dating back to his father – the legendary Gory Guerrero, Eddie was consumed and obsessed by the sports entertainment business since he was a child and first began training in an El Paso wrestling ring in his parents' backyard. It was there that he was instilled with the mentality of being the best he could be and having a passion to be numero uno.

Guest Reservoir_Kitty

This is such a shock. Like most everyone else, this was the first thing I saw this morning, and I've gone from shock to just utter sadness. The more I read about this, the sadder I get. I've been on the verge of tears for about a half an hour now.

God, his poor family, I can't imagine... all his friends in the WWE... jesus christ. Too soon, too soon. :(

The tribute shows will be so incredibly sad and hard to watch. I'm sure I'll cry through the whole thing, like with Owen.

RIP Eddie. How come the good always die young?

The first wrestling match I ever saw was Eddie Guerrero vs. Sgt. Craig "Pitbull" Pittman on WCW Saturday Night. A match I'm sure I'm the only person in the world who remembers, but it has a high sentimental value for me. After I saw Eddie deliver a frog splash, I was hooked on wrestling and have watched it nearly every week since that show.

I credit Eddie for getting me into wrestling, and seeing him go like this is just... Wow. I don't even know what to say.

Thanks Eddie.

I think the biggest thing I'll remember about Eddie was that he always found a way to entertain the audience. Whether it was cutting some incredbile promos in the feud with Rey, giving some great facial expressions in the stuff with Batista, or even just pulling out some of the best matches in the past 10 years, I rarely seen a perfomer more dedicated to giving something memorable to the people.

Rest In Peace, Eddie, you will be missed in more ways than one.

I remeber when I first started watching wrestling, and I saw Eddie. Since the first time I saw him, he has been one of my favorites. Now this.

R.I.P. Eddie.

Easily one of my favorite Pro Wrestling moments was seeing him defeat Brock Lesnar to win his 1st World Title. That day I was so happy, it's sad to see him pass away, espically at this time when he was excepted to win the World Title again.

R.I.P one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. Already missed by Wrestling fans world wide.

I'm still crying....

I'm so shocked and upset. I can't believe he was ripped away from this world so abruptly. If I could say one thing to Eddie it would be like many of you have said...Thanks. He fucking tore it up in that ring every night and I thank God WWE gave him the ball, even if it was for a short period.

I'm going to miss him so much. I pray that his family and friends are going to be alright. Thanks Eddie, rest in peace.

Guest Duke_The_Dog
Nice tribute from puroresufan.com

One of the best showmen in pro wrestling history, Eddie Guerrero, passed away today in Minneapolis, aged just 38. Guerrero was loved by fans all over the world, and became famous in the American, Mexican, and Japanese pro wrestling communities. Although his success in North America is well known, Eddie was also a hit in New Japan as the second generation Black Tiger and was a long-time wrestler in New Japan in the 1990s. He defeated Liger to win the 1996 Best of the Super Jr. tournament, but was never able to hold the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title. After joining WCW, his New Japan dates became less frequent, but he still made appearances up until late 1998. His last New Japan appearance in that spell was a challenge for the IWGP Jr. Tag Team Title with Chris Jericho on 9/23/98. After many personal problems, it would be another stint in New Japan that helped get Eddie's career back on track before a hugely successful WWE return that lasted until his death. Eddie had one great tour in his final New Japan stay, that being "HYPER BATTLE 2002", before returning to America. Eddie's death comes in a tough year for wrestling fans, after the also untimely death of Hashimoto. R.I.P. Eddie "Black Tiger" Guerrero (1967-2005).

Guest thebigjig

It is not my intention to cause any more heartache with the lyrics of a song I'm about to post, but it was just playing on the radio, and it's message is eery... but fitting. It's a beautiful song that sadly has been overplayed throughout the years in tragic events... but it's worth noting anyway.

In the Arms of the Angel, by Sarah McLachlan

--

Spend all your time waiting for that second chance

For the break that will make it OK

There's always some reason to feel not good enough

And it's hard at the end of the day

I need some distraction or a beautiful release

Memories seep from my veins

Let me be empty and weightless and maybe

I'll find some peace tonight

In the arms of the Angel far away from here

From this dark, cold hotel room, and the endlessness that you fear

You are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverie

You're in the arms of the Angel; may you find some comfort here

So tired of the straight line, and everywhere you turn

There's vultures and thieves at your back

The storm keeps on twisting, you keep on building the lies

That you make up for all that you lack

It don't make no difference, escaping one last time

It's easier to believe

In this sweet madness, oh this glorious sadness

That brings me to my knees

In the arms of the Angel far away from here

From this dark, cold hotel room, and the endlessness that you fear

You are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverie

In the arms of the Angel; may you find some comfort here

You're in the arms of the Angel; may you find some comfort here

From TNAWrestling.com

TNA JOINS THE WRESTLING WORLD IN MOURNING THE PASSING OF EDDIE GUERRERO

On Sunday morning, TNA joined the wrestling world in learning of the unfortunate and untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero.

The mood backstage in Orlando is solemn, as many TNA staff and stars were close with Eddie and worked with him throughout his career.

Everyone in TNA will keep Eddie and his family in our thoughts and prayers in the days and weeks to come as we say goodbye to a friend...

Guest DeadBoy1

Add me to the list of people who are just stunned by this news.

Rest in peace, Eddie.

Thank you for all the good memories.