TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Eddy Guerrero passes away

Not to belittle his death or anything, but Smackdown is really FUBAR now.

But this is one of the most unbelievable deaths since Pillman. It feels just like Pillman.

And to think, he was probably going to win the World Title tonight.

Oddly enough, it's almost 4 years to the day that he got fired from WWE for having that DUI.

I really hope nothing foul is discovered here, drug-wise.

I just watched his DVD less than a month ago.

I feel awful.

RIP Eddie.

I was debating about going to this show when I heard that Eddie was likely to win the title. I'm not sure I can go now. I think it'll just be too hard.

You should go, man.

It'll be hard, but you'd regret it if you didn't.

I imagine it's really weird for some wrestlers. Batista: because he was feuding with Eddie and he was working with him for the last couple of weeks. Ken Kennedy: because wrestling was Eddie's passion and he had his last match against him. Chavo: because it was his nephew ofcourse and he's the last guy to talk to him. The list goes on

I imagine it's really weird for some wrestlers. Batista: because he was feuding with Eddie and he was working with him for the last couple of weeks. Ken Kennedy: because wrestling was Eddie's passion and he had his last match against him. Chavo: because it was his nephew ofcourse and he's the last guy to talk to him. The list goes on

Were there any house shows this week?

I was debating about going to this show when I heard that Eddie was likely to win the title. I'm not sure I can go now. I think it'll just be too hard.

You should go, man.

It'll be hard, but you'd regret it if you didn't.

Really.

Like I said, you're not going to get to go to the funeral. But this would probably be the second closest thing to that.

Guest Fishyswa

If it's an OD it's not tainting anything for me.

He was a good man who struggled to do the right thing. If he ended up losing the struggle, it's tragic, but it doesn't mean he wasn't a good man.

Wow. The first thing I see here after I come back from an overnight trip is the news of Eddie Guerrero suddenly passing away.

The sad thing is, considering how roided-up he's looked for the past few years, I had a bad feeling that something like this could have happened.

I'm still in shock, though.

I'll remember the house show I went to last week at the end of the show, he did his post-show mic work with Batista to try and get Batista to dance. You know, typical non-funny comedy at the end of a house show. Well, that's not the important part. The first thing he said was something along the lines of, "Every day I get to come out and wrestle is a blessing, and I thank God and thank all of you fans." And it's true. He's had all the life experiences to the point where I can believe that he honestly thinks that way. So, even though this is entirely disappointing and sad, it's tough to feel dreadfully awful when a guy died while he was having a good attitude and good time in his life. He died while on top and he had the chance to turn his life around, and if all the reports are true that he did turn his life around, he ended up winning.

Guest *KNK*

You'd have to imagine the travel for the workers will be rough. Imagine losing your best friend or your uncle and having to be in Europe during it.

I hope they cancel a couple of the shows, so they can let the workers attend the funeral.

And we really should be thankful for the fact that we had Eddie for as long as we did. He should have died in that car crash and the overdoses. We really had Eddie for a lot long than we were supposed to.

WCW Clash of the Champions - Eddie Guerrero vs. Brian Pillman

January 23, 1996  |  Approx. run time: 6 mins.

Before Eddie Guerrero found his Latino Heat in WWE, he was clashing with Cruiserweights in WCW like Brian Pillman.  These two could take to the air like no others and they put their impressive aerial arsenals on display in this one.  Would Eddie crash and burn or would he fly high and pick up a win against Flyin' Brian? Subscribers $1.49

Sold.

Call it naive, but I'm not believing he lost his battle before confirmation.

I want to thank you for this. I'm with you. Until we actually get confirmation that his death was because of RECENT substance abuse, I've no reason to believe that it wasn't due to his previous addictions or some other medical problem.

You'd have to imagine the travel for the workers will be rough.  Imagine losing your best friend or your uncle and having to be in Europe during it. 

I hope they cancel a couple of the shows, so they can let the workers attend the funeral.

They'll probably hold off on the funeral until the tour is over. But they can't cancel any dates because they're taping the next round of Raw and Smackdown shows there.