TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
David Blazenwing

An Eddie Tribute DVD...

I was discussing this with a few friends earlier. The idea of a 3 or 4 disc Ultimate Eddie Guerrero Collection came up and it sounded like a good idea. Obviously though, if WWE were to release something like this too soon, people would accuse them of trying to cash in on Eddie's death. So how soon is too soon? How long would the almost required waiting period be? Because I gotta admit, this is something I would want as an Eddie fan.

Another question... what would you include in the set? I mean, obviously, things like his Malenko match in ECW, vs. Rey at HH 97, the WWE title win over Brock, etc. are practically set in stone for a release of this magnitude and importance, but what else would you add? Maybe some rarer stuff, etc.

I think the set itself should be three discs along the line of Flair's DVD, with an added fourth disc including both RAW and SmackDown! tribute shows in their entirety along with maybe some other extras as well.

It's hard to say how soon a dvd should be released. The last dvd wasn't releaed all that long ago plus it already has a lot of matches of his matches on it as well. Eariler I was thinking that maybe WWE should released a dvd with both tribute shows and some matches and have all the proceeds to go his family.

The CD:ST DVD had a few good matches and stuff on it, but I'm talking the Flair-like set of over 10 hours of matches and stuff, plus interviews, the tributes, etc... the Ultimate Eddie Guerrero Collection.

I do like your idea though, having the tribute shows on DVD in any form would be good and his family could benefit from the proceeds, that's the least WWE could do.

Guest BrokenWings

Everyone always says the E needs to worry about it seeming as though they're cashing in on someone's death. Create an Eddie Guerrero foundation, or give all of the proceeds to the Guerrero family.

I don't want to have to wait five years because some people will claim the WWE is trying to cash in on a tragedy.

I dunno but, WWE already got an Eddie DVD.

It is sad but, for example, Davey Boy hasn't a DVD, just one small tribute segment in Best of Confidential, Pillman is just a footnote in WWF/E History, Elizabeth was just a mention a couple of years ago, Yoko too.

How about this idea... You want Eddi G. to be known a little more? Go and buy his DVD and gave it to some newbie fan, tell him/her/them about his greatest momments.

Peace.

Guest Leelee

The DVD that Eddy has is enough.

And, I'm sorry, but further donations to Guerrero's family are hardly necessary.

And, I'm sorry, but further donations to Guerrero's family are hardly necessary.

Hm, well the royalties won't last forever.

But I do doubt their family will ever be in trouble. With the amount of friends Eddie had, they'd probably give money from their own pocket.

I was discussing this with a few friends earlier.  The idea of a 3 or 4 disc Ultimate Eddie Guerrero Collection came up and it sounded like a good idea.  Obviously though, if WWE were to release something like this too soon, people would accuse them of trying to cash in on Eddie's death.

The solution to that is to give all money to his family, like with the T-shirts.

Yeah, he needs a 3 or 4 disc set. With as many great matches he's had in his career, A DVD with 9 matches on is nowhere near enough. I don't know how anyone can say that.

Guest *KNK*

Donating it to a charity that Eddie would've supported would do more in the long run anyways.

A DVD for Eddie just because he died isn't fair to the others who died (Hawk is the only one who has had anything similar to it)

The DVD they already produced is a excellent overview of his career as it tells his story and shows his best and most significant work of his career, for the most part.

Eddie is the only guy whos passed away recently that had a career that could span several discs and sell.

I certainly wouldnt mind it.

Donating it to a charity that Eddie would've supported would do more in the long run anyways.

A DVD for Eddie just because he died isn't fair to the others who died (Hawk is the only one who has had anything similar to it)

But neither is giving him two tribute shows when most of the wrestlers that died just got a video package. No offense to them, but he obviously meant a lot more to the company and to the fans than a lot of others that died. Anyway, he wouldn't be getting a DVD just because he died. He would be getting a 3-4 disc DVD because he was one of the greatest wrestlers in the business. If Hogan, HHH, and Bret Hart have one, there's no reason he shouldn't get one as well.

Guest *KNK*

But neither is giving him two tribute shows when most of the wrestlers that died just got a video package. No offense to them, but he obviously meant a lot more to the company and to the fans than a lot of others that died. Anyway, he wouldn't be getting a DVD just because he died. He would be getting a 3-4 disc DVD because he was one of the greatest wrestlers in the business. If Hogan, HHH, and Bret Hart have one, there's no reason he shouldn't get one as well.

Hogan only got the two disc treatment. Although that was before the trend was started with Flair to give 3 disc treaments. However Mick Foley, who was a much more significantly known name in comparison to Eddie Guerrero, also only got 2 discs.

Hogan only got the two disc treatment. Although that was before the trend was started with Flair to give 3 disc treaments. However Mick Foley, who was a much more significantly known name in comparison to Eddie Guerrero, also only got 2 discs.

But didn't Foley also have two other videos that were DVDs before "Greatest Hits and Misses"?

Guest *KNK*

But didn't Foley also have two other videos that were DVDs before "Greatest Hits and Misses"?

He had Hard Knocks and Cheap Pops and Three Faces of Foley. Hard Knocks basically was re-used in the Greatest Hits dvd and I don't recall 3 Faces having any full matches.

He had Hard Knocks and Cheap Pops and Three Faces of Foley. Hard Knocks basically was re-used in the Greatest Hits dvd and I don't recall 3 Faces having any full matches.

Foley had no biography segment, only matches, which if I remember nearly matched Flair's DVD in match amount.

Guest Leelee

Hm, well the royalties won't last forever.

But I do doubt their family will ever be in trouble. With the amount of friends Eddie had, they'd probably give money from their own pocket.

Well, considering that the Guerrero's bought a house in Scottsdale, they weren't exactly strapped for cash. I'm sure Eddy's salary wasn't pittance, either.

WWE is already selling shirts and wristbands that entirely go to Eddy's family...

It just seems a bit much when there's likely thousands of families around the world who face such tragedy, and certainly have less money to work with. Not to mention, the many other problems in the world that need our financial help.

At the same time, Foley's DVD had 15 matches while Eddie's only had 9. If you're a Foley fan, there's not much to complain about. Almost any must see Foley match is on the DVD. You can't say the same thing for Eddie. Not to mention, Eddie also was a significantly better wrestler than Foley and has many more matches that would be considered great.

Guest Ransome
I think the set itself should be three discs along the line of Flair's DVD, with an added fourth disc including both RAW and SmackDown! tribute shows in their entirety along with maybe some other extras as well.

If anything, I could see the opposite happening: WWE releasing the Raw & SD tribute shows on DVD (plus extra unaired comments from WWE.com) but including a matches-only single-disc with it.

Otherwise, I don't see the need for another Eddie DVD. As others have said, Cheating Death, Stealing Life is an excellent overview of his career and includes (arguably) his three very best matches. There's also Eddie matches strewn out on other DVDs, such as the Benoit DVD, and the SD fourway (Eddie-Benoit-Angle-Edge) on Armageddon 2002, not to mention all of his pay-per-view matches from 2002 onwards.

Personally, I'd rather we get a DVD release for a different deserving wrestler rather than another Eddie one; they can always stack a bunch of classic Eddie matches on WWE 24/7 online, anyway.

They could always just 're-release' Cheating Death, Stealing Life with a bonus disk that maybe includes the tribute matches on RAW and SD amongst other stuff. And, maybe an adjusted title, considering.

And give the proceeds to a charity Eddie would have or did support in some way.

Otherwise, I don't see the need for another Eddie DVD. As others have said, Cheating Death, Stealing Life is an excellent overview of his career and includes (arguably) his three very best matches. There's also Eddie matches strewn out on other DVDs, such as the Benoit DVD, and the SD fourway (Eddie-Benoit-Angle-Edge) on Armageddon 2002, not to mention all of his pay-per-view matches from 2002 onwards.

This is silly. How many people do you think buy every single DVD?

Guest bigm350

If they ever decide to release another Guerrero DVD, I'd like to see some of his Los Gringos Locos work with Art Barr. Then again, would the WWE have the rights to that footage?

If they ever decide to release another Guerrero DVD, I'd like to see some of his Los Gringos Locos work with Art Barr. Then again, would the WWE have the rights to that footage?

Somebody will have to take one for the team and give sweet lovin to Antonio Pena....