TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

iMPACT gets 0.7 rating

TNA iMPACT got a 0.7 rating, the lowest since it's been on Spike TV.

From PWTorch.com

TNA Impact drew a 0.7 rating, its lowest to date on Spike TV. ESPN ratings were up 43 percent for the night compared to the previous week due to a strong college football game. The quarter hours were pretty steady, although the first quarter was slightly higher than the last three.

The show may have lost a little momentum by being preempted for UFC the previous Saturday night.

The previous high rating was 0.9. Otherwise, it has drawn 0.8 ever week.

They really need to focus on creating TV stars and characters, like right fucking now. Not good going into Genesis. (although I think with the death of Eddie, that'll be the built in excuse, and it's actually a viable one)

although the first quarter was slightly higher than the last three.

BREAKING NEWS: Jeff Jarrett is not a draw.

Wasn't the main event AMW & Jeff Jarrett vs Hoyt and 2 random people?

Saturday Night Folks, not a good night for wrestling ratings.

I would be interested to see a straight up return of Monday Night Wars.

I just think people overrated how fast people would just accept a new fed on tv, like people would instantly flock to it. This isn't like '98 where the masses are itching for more wrestling. This is 2005 where for the past few years WWE has been doing their damndest to drive the masses away from Prowrestling.

I think with Christian coming in Saturday that the ratings should be better.

And when he loses to Jeff Jarrett, the ratings will plummet. Jarrett WILL continue to get the god push, and the people WILL start to catch on to it. When they see that TNA is merely a vehicle for JJ to put himself over, they will stop watching.

Christ, I sound like MikeSC. But dammit, TNA has brought it on themselves.

This was the first Impact that I totally forgot about it also. I really like TNA, I really do, but I still haven't been programmed about the show coming on like I am for the WWE shows. It'll take months before you really know much.

What's really going to say a lot about the state of TNA, is how they do in February, where they will be on in RAW's time slot (since RAW wont be on, the damn dog show). If that draws a solid rating, they are well off...if it doesn't, well, I don't know what that'll mean to TNA.

NoCalMike is right, we can't expect the many to just accept TNA right away.

Someone fill me in on some history really quick. I remember reading a while back that Dixie Carter (or Panda, whichever one it was), I believe that's the name, was sick of JJ and they had decided to slowly lessen the JJ factor on TNA shows. What exactly changed all of that and took it back right to where it has just about always been for TNA?

I think with Christian coming in Saturday that the ratings should be better.

And when he loses to Jeff Jarrett, the ratings will plummet. Jarrett WILL continue to get the god push, and the people WILL start to catch on to it. When they see that TNA is merely a vehicle for JJ to put himself over, they will stop watching.

So that explains why the FSN iMPACT show were bad.

So, wait...they dropped by .1 on the rating they get every week and suddenly, it's panic mode and people aren't accepting TNA and it's all doom and gloom? Where the hell did that come from? Obviously it's not good, but let's not act like it's something to immediately panic about.

I agree. They need to move this show to something earlier that people are actually home/awake for. What about Tuesdays? Is there even good TV on Tuesdays beside House?

I agree. They need to move this show to something earlier that people are actually home/awake for. What about Tuesdays? Is there even good TV on Tuesdays beside House?

Tuesdays is the absolute worst night for television. Every tuesday I can never find something to watch (I'm not really into House, even though it's a good show) There's no NBA basketball on either, all the NBA games are Wed-Fri. It's just a dead night, a perfect night to put wrestling on (who goes out on a tuesday for one) Other than tradition, I see no point to having wrestling on monday primetime going up against the nfl and tons of other stuff, when tuesdays should work just as well, if not better.

Also don't they do their tapings on tuesday, they could easily transition to a live tuesday show every once in awhile as well.

Guest God Junior
Substandard show = substandard rating. Wow.

Substandard poster = substandard replies. Wow.

It's not like anything more needs to be said. This was the first Impact where I was actually bored throughout the majority of the show, and other people have also said it wasn't as good as previous instalments. It's hardly surprising, therefore, that it'd see a lower rating. I don't think there's any need for further analysis of why this was.

Something bad happens to TNA = Jarrett's fault

Something good happens to TNA = In spite of Jarrett

I love it.

A 0.1+/- rating is nothing to be concerned about. If the average rating is 0.8, then a week with 0.9 and 0.7 just help sustain the average. It's no big deal. When the rating goes beyond that, then you have reasons to either be concerned (0.6) or jump for joy (1.0). Till then, numbers like these are just within the normal range (as far as we can tell) for the show.

Guest hasbeen

They need to define the heels and faces for the general audience, and the crowd could do a lot better to help that. Cheap heat before taping begins, or during a commercial, anything to get the crowd going for one wrestler or team, not both.

Why the hell should anyone care if Christian comes on?  It's not like they're gonna push him as anything special.

Did you even SEE Genesis? :bonk:

Yeah, come in, look strong, lose to Jeff Jarrett. Same shit, different pile. I like Christian as much as the next guy but I can't picture him as a successful main eventer. He's a good, if unspectacular worker and his mic work has always been good but gets stale after a while. Of course coming in and bashing the WWE in your first interview will gain you fans but what about after? Count me among the skeptics, though I hope for the best for Christian, because he's probably never coming back to the E. Never say never, now though.

Substandard show = substandard rating. Wow.

Substandard poster = substandard replies. Wow.

The show was pretty poor compared to what we've seen so far. The opening promo wasn't very good, AJ/Petey was eh and I turned it off before the main event because I just didn't care about it.