TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hoff

Why do they let old people on

Guest Leelee
Trivia: There is one episode of Carmen S. that was never aired. The girl who won ended up tripping on the World map while running and broke her arm

Hehe... I think I actually heard about that. I was surprised kids didn't trip across the map.

you know what game I always wanted to play when I was younger? the bucket toss game on the Bozo Show...I used to get so pissed at those kids when they would miss the first 3 buckets!

Yep, the Grand Prize Game ruled all. My brother and I used to create our own version of that game in our room. We were convinced we would have easily won if we'd have actually been on the Bozo show.

Where are my missing Lite-Brite pieces?! My name is not "Black Lus"... or is it?

Who am I? What number did you call? Don't ever call here again!

I guess I told him... nobody messes with "Black Lus"

you know what game I always wanted to play when I was younger?  the bucket toss game on the Bozo Show...I used to get so pissed at those kids when they would miss the first 3 buckets!

I was watching that once, and this girl who was maybe four wouldn't stand behind the line, she'd just walk up next to each bucket and drop it in. Bozo explained it again every time, she just kept doing it. They said it counted, there was nothing they could do. Which was odd.

you know what game I always wanted to play when I was younger?  the bucket toss game on the Bozo Show...I used to get so pissed at those kids when they would miss the first 3 buckets!

I was on The Bozo Show, but I played a balance-the-book-on-your-head relay race, and won a Little Mermaid handheld Tiger game, and a box of Matt's chocolate chip cookies.

I agree that Rod Roddy's death left a hole in the show (omg the room is spinning here comes the vomit), but it's still a good show.

You know, who the fuck is Ben Sisko to talk to Jean-Luc Picard that way?  If it wasn't for Picard, that fucker'd be speaking Borg right now.

Where's my money, whore?

I was on The Bozo Show, but I played a balance-the-book-on-your-head relay race, and won a Little Mermaid handheld Tiger game, and a box of Matt's chocolate chip cookies.

I saw you, you're hot

Damnit, I was hoping to spill the beans about you being on bozo before you. Like "I'm so freaking obsessed with Czech, i know all about his childhood."

Ya got to love when a game like Plinko or the Punch Game eats up all the time on TPIR and they're forced to bust out one of the 4-6 interchangable games that relies on a contestant merely picking one of two prizes to see if he/she won.

Guest Leelee

Yeah, I'd be pissed if I was the 6th winner of the show, and I'd play some 1 minute game to win a bedroom set that Rod Roddy couldn't even get fake excited about.

Best part about TPIR is that Barker is quite blatantly intoxicated at times during those tapings. I remember watching one show where he couldn't even talk to one of the contestants without slurring the poor bastard's name.

Maybe Bob's just senile.

Guess which game show hosts I'm refering to here:

1. Lecherous old man with an innacurate accent.

2. Wimpy mannequin.

3. Pompous asshole.

4. Fat slob with a mouthful of gravel.

Answer key:

1. Richard Dawson

2. Pat Sajak

3. Alex Trebek

4. Louie Anderson

1. Dawson

2. Sajak

3. Trebek

4. Anderson

what do i win?

Oh, I almost forgot to mention this: The mother of my one groomsman got on TPIR and won the showcase. If memory serves, she got a TV, some carpeting, some other stuff and a trip to Africa. Because she couldn't go to that messed up place due to health reasons, she had a list of other trips that she could take instead. I don't know what she eventually chose...

Back in '01 when I first got GSN, I watched a Card Sharks marathon from the early 80's that featured Gene Rayburn, Alan Ludden, Bill Cullen and a young Alex Trebek as contestants. Alex Trebek pre-Jeopardy was pretty damn amusing, as he was very sarcastic and playfully antagonistic to the host and fellow contestants. A far cry from the smarmy Trebek we'd come to know.

And why the hell did he shave his moustache? He looks so much better with it.

First John Oates, then Alex Trebek, then Jeff Kent... what's wrong with the moustache?!

2. Wimpy mannequin.

2. Pat Sajak

I dunno, doesn't Pat Sajak act like an asshole to Wheel contestants sometimes? I remember once these idiots kept calling the letters out after they'd been called and he was getting peeved. He's probably like "I could be leading a conservative think tank and yet I do this."

That may be, I don't watch Wheel all the time. He generally seems like a cardboard cutout when I watch. I did convince my second grade classmates that he was my father, though.

Yeah I think ol' Pat is at the stage where he dreads every waking moment of his profession. Can you blame him? At least Alex gets librarians, attorneys, teachers, and so forth. Wheel Of Fortune gets the dregs of the contestant talent pool.