TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Vince McMahon Institutes New Drug Policy

Guest Coffey
Yes he is. He even had a faction called GeneratioNEXT for a while.

CM Punk's Pepsi Tatoo is a straight edge reference based on the Pepsi slogan "the choice of a new generation".

Nah, I don't think it's because "it's a choice of a new generation" I think it's because Pepsi isn't Coke. Get it? Coke.

Guest *KNK*

CM Punk's Pepsi Tatoo is a straight edge reference based on the Pepsi slogan "the choice of a new generation".

Nah, I don't think it's because "it's a choice of a new generation" I think it's because Pepsi isn't Coke. Get it? Coke.

Straight from the mouth of CM Punk confirms that it's because of his love for Pepsi when he growing up watching saturday morning wrestling and because it was his way of saying fuck you to the bullies from High School who had beer logos tatted on them.

However, Pepsi logo is a standard icon in the sXe world and for that "next generation" slogan.

Oh man now that he signed with WWE you know they'll have him feud with someone over Coke vs. Pepsi.

(CM Punk runs into Carlito drinking a Coke.)

Carlito: Pepsi drinkers are not cool!

Punk: Oh yeah well Coke sucks!

AFAIK Punk was never a part of Generation Next the angle...

But hey, here's a stellar example:

CM Punk, sXe for as long as we've known him, looks fine.

Would it be so onerous to see him every week? I think not.

I mean, I'm fine with the indy look, from Corino to Homicide to Danielson. And all the "flaws" that they contain, from too flabby, to not built, to pale?

Because the match, not the definition, is what matters.

Guest *KNK*
AFAIK Punk was never a part of Generation Next the angle...

But hey, here's a stellar example:

CM Punk, sXe for as long as we've known him, looks fine.

Would it be so onerous to see him every week? I think not.

I mean, I'm fine with the indy look, from Corino to Homicide to Danielson.  And all the "flaws" that they contain, from too flabby, to not built, to pale?

Because the match, not the definition, is what matters.

Well, Punk isn't pale, has zero flab on him and is built pretty solid for a guy who is pushing 6'

But I still wouldn't mind those things.

BUT, that makes my point. If punk can look like that, no reason anyone should be juicing, IMO..

I'm interested on how this goes and I hope it works, however I think it's about as toothless as the MLB's 2005 season policy which a few low to mid carders and maybe one high mid carder (your Palmeiro) will be released as examples.

well on a light note, as i mentioned a few times in the RAW thread, the entire WWE Staff needs to be tested after that writing/booking tonights raw.

-Kurt Angle's speech about being an american, when you're in england!

-Cena's backstage segment

-Maria playing a 7 year old

I just watched the video of Vince telling everybody about the drug policy and I think some guys are now thinking "FUCK". Kurt asked if it would be random drug testing and Vince said yes and I think Angle didn't like that. Also on a side note Maria looked horrible and she was annoying.

Annoying? Why, because she was drinking water?

I just watched the video of Vince telling everybody about the drug policy and I think some guys are now thinking "FUCK". Kurt asked if it would be random drug testing and Vince said yes and I think Angle didn't like that. Also on a side note Maria looked horrible and she was annoying.

Annoying? Why, because she was drinking water?

Obviously coughing annoys him.

It'd have to happen in an alternate universe.

Hansen is damn near legally blind and is STILL recovering from doing such a hard hitting style for so long.

The comparisons to JBL and Stan Hansen are laughable because JBL couldn't work Hansen's dick in a wrestling match.

Ok, so they're introducing a testing policy. But what are the consequences for failing? Has there been any mention of this? Because they can test all they want, but unless the policy has some teeth (suspensions, firing), what good will it do?

Vince: Hunter, your drug test confirms you've shot up more roids than a stable of race horses.

HHH: And?

Vince: Just making an observation. Here, cut another half hour promo tonight.

HHH: Thanks dad.

I like the way Murdoch carries himself in the ring.  It's a shame his wrestling can't live up to his surl.  What was great about Hansen was that he looked surly, he acted surly, and DAMMIT, he wrestled surly.

He was one scary SOB. Probably still is.

How random will these test be?

What if the main event for Wrestlemania test positive for steroids? Match cancelled...I think not.

Match finish changed though? Perhaps. Unless both tested positive. Then you move the match out of the main event slot and have whatever outcome, and suspend both afterwards.

Guest Ransome
Ok, so they're introducing a testing policy.  But what are the consequences for failing?  Has there been any mention of this?  Because they can test all they want, but unless the  policy has some teeth (suspensions, firing), what good will it do?

If Eugene is any indication, then I'd imagine suspension and rehab. I can't see them outright firing anybody (or at least, anybody they consider valuable to the company) over this.

Cutting down on the "insane" bumps, using chair shots rarely, will help in the painkiller part of it. Used to, chair shots were rare and always ended a match, now they're commonplace and don't have a lot of effect for the fans unless it's a total smash like Kennedy on Eddy on Smackdown.

Chairshots are a very, very, very small part of the problem. Chairshots do not hurt nearly as bad as you think, as wrestlers can protect themselves quite well.

Straight from the mouth of CM Punk confirms that it's because of his love for Pepsi when he growing up watching saturday morning wrestling and because it was his way of saying fuck you to the bullies from High School who had beer logos tatted on them.

However, Pepsi logo is a standard icon in the sXe world and for that "next generation" slogan.

I'm not disagreeing (and am not going to get a response, since he's banned & all) ... but how long has Pepsi been the official icon in the sXe world? It was Coca-Cola for as long as I can remember (meaning from the days of SSDecontrol, DYS, and Minor Threat). Just curious.

I like the way Murdoch carries himself in the ring. It's a shame his wrestling can't live up to his surl. What was great about Hansen was that he looked surly, he acted surly, and DAMMIT, he wrestled surly.
I couldn't agree more about Murdoch, RRR. Hopefully he grows into his look and picks up the abilities to match the aesthetics.

I'm not disagreeing (and am not going to get a response, since he's banned & all) ... but how long has Pepsi been the official icon in the sXe world? It was Coca-Cola for as long as I can remember (meaning from the days of SSDecontrol, DYS, and Minor Threat). Just curious.

I like the way Murdoch carries himself in the ring. It's a shame his wrestling can't live up to his surl. What was great about Hansen was that he looked surly, he acted surly, and DAMMIT, he wrestled surly.
I couldn't agree more about Murdoch, RRR. Hopefully he grows into his look and picks up the abilities to match the aesthetics.

Pepsi came up with the "Choice..." slogan around the early 80s, just as Straight Edge was starting to pop up.

Punk was never in Generation Next. That was Alex Shelley, Austin Aries, Jack Evans, and Roderick Strong (and now Matt Sydal to replace Shelley). Punk headed the Second City Saints stable.

Punk was never in Generation Next. That was Alex Shelley, Austin Aries, Jack Evans, and Roderick Strong (and now Matt Sydal to replace Shelley). Punk headed the Second City Saints stable.

Right. Although Shelley was kicked out of Generation Next by Austin Aries at Final Battle 2004 (which coincidentally was around the time when Shelley had been with TNA for the first time a few months before), and it was just down to Aries, Evans, and Strong. Shelley did the "Man with No Country" face character, which was basically that the other ROH wrestlers couldn't trust him even after he wanted to shake their hand because of what Shelley did to them in the past.

He said that they will be testing for "drugs of abuse" and abuse of prescription drugs, as well as growth enhancers and steroids.  He said it will be a strict policy that will be handled by a third party agency, not done in-house by WWE.  He added that it will cover all individuals under full time contracts with WWE.

That part encourages me. A third-party will (hopefully) not deal with all the BS that comes out of WWE offices. It tells me this is serious. Hopefully they dont abandon this when people forget about Eddie.

I do want to see what happens if HHH got caught with somthing (i'm guessing he will simply not be picked in the 'random' testing, possibly by categorizing himself as management or something). Have a hard time seeing them firing or sending HHH to rehab.

Pepsi came up with the "Choice..." slogan around the early 80s, just as Straight Edge was starting to pop up.

But I've seen an interview where Brian Baker calls Pepsi "rat poison" and other than the famous picture of the entire band (when they were still a 4-piece) that has Brian sitting on the box of Pepsi, everything else I've seen of Minor Threat was pro-Coke (the drink, not the drug).

EDIT: Google is my friend: http://www.dementlieu.com/~obik/arc/dc/minort_tg20.html

Brian: Pepsi is rat poison...