TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

NFL Week Twelve

If the team was so amazing they would have won the game without their kicker. Instead, they lost it with him. I'm not saying I wouldn't have let him try to continue kicking them after missing, but the Giants lost because they could not score a touchdown in OT, and could not stop the Seahawks for long enough. Althought Feely fucked up nicely, I don't blame the loss on him.

That's exactly my point, but New York fans HAVE to find a scapegoat because they can't accept the fact that their TEAM choked. Sounds familiar.

You're silly. The guy missed 3 game winning fg's. This isn't even worth arguing about because you're ignorant.

Aren't you from Miami?

Coughlin won't blame Feely; he must've blown a gasket after all of those penalties that he didn't really care about the third field goal. No one in their right mind would've sent out the kicker in that situation.

EDIT: David Diehl must be so happy right now.

Coughlin won't blame Feely; he must've blown a gasket after all of those penalties that he didn't really care about the third field goal. No one in their right mind would've sent out the kicker in that situation.

EDIT: David Diehl must be so happy right now.

No one in their right mind would send a FG kicker to kick a 42 yard FG to win the game? Are they supposed to go for it on 4th and long??????

Guest Vitamin X

Ignorant, huh?

Wow, you're even more stubborn than I thought. Let's repeat the facts, so that, MAYBE, just MAYBE, you might be able to understand:

1. Jay Feely missed two FG's in overtime, and missed one towards the end of regulation. Three game-winning field goals. He does share the blame, but what you fail to understand is that he's not to blame for all of it.

2. The Giants were penalized 16 TIMES FOR 114 YARDS. REPEAT.

16 TIMES FOR 114 YARDS.

How is that Jay Feely's fault? That falls on the offensive line and terrible discipline.

3. The Giants outgained the Seahawks 490 yards to 355 yards. Let's repeat that again, in case you may have missed it like your kicker misses game winning field goals.

490 yards to 355 yards.

Yet they still ended up tied and sent the game to overtime. They didn't capitalize off of all those yards, and the fact that they even went to fourth down and couldn't get closer than 40 yards on those 3 misses speaks of the team's inability to get it done once inside Seahawk territory when the game was on the line. That blame doesn't fall on Feely, although he's not excepted from it.

You get the point now?

Fourth and six with two incomplete passes in that same drive, but I'm taking the chance because I know Feely is not in a frame of mind to make it. Just look at the ending...he's not even angry or dejected, he's just sitting there in an "out of body" state.

EDIT: If you can justify a reason, on the road, after two consecutive missed field goals, that you send the kicker out there again, I'd like to hear it. Terrible play-calling. Why are they passing on 3rd and 6?

Ignorant, huh?

Wow, you're even more stubborn than I thought. Let's repeat the facts, so that, MAYBE, just MAYBE, you might be able to understand:

1. Jay Feely missed two FG's in overtime, and missed one towards the end of regulation. Three game-winning field goals. He does share the blame, but what you fail to understand is that he's not to blame for all of it.

2. The Giants were penalized 16 TIMES FOR 114 YARDS. REPEAT.

16 TIMES FOR 114 YARDS.

How is that Jay Feely's fault? That falls on the offensive line and terrible discipline.

3. The Giants outgained the Seahawks 490 yards to 355 yards.

Let's repeat that again, in case you may have missed it like your kicker misses game winning field goals.

490 yards to 355 yards.

Yet they still ended up tied and sent the game to overtime. They didn't capitalize off of all those yards, and the fact that they even went to fourth down and couldn't get closer than 40 yards on those 3 misses speaks of the team's inability to get it done once inside Seahawk territory when the game was on the line. That blame doesn't fall on Feely, although he's not excepted from it.

You get the fucking point now?

Listen dick, let me break it down for you now.....

DESPITE all of the penalties they had 3 chances to end the game and leave with a win. Let me repeat that for you.......

THREE FUCKING CHANCES TO WIN THE GAME WITH THE LAST PLAY. HE MISSED ALL THREE TIMES

Yes, i understand all the penalties, but the fact of the matter is that they overcame all of that and needed him to make one damn kick to win that game.....

HE CHOKED THREE TIMES

What, in the world are you not comprehending?

Fourth and six with two incomplete passes in that same drive, but I'm taking the chance because I know Feely is not in a frame of mind to make it. Just look at the ending...he's not even angry or dejected, he's just sitting there in an "out of body" state.

EDIT: If you can justify a reason, on the road, after two consecutive missed field goals, that you send the kicker out there again, I'd like to hear it. Terrible play-calling. Why are they passing on 3rd and 6?

You're not being realistic. Yuo have to kick that FG on 4th down. The guy was sitting like he was gonna cry at the end, that isn't a sign of being dejected to you?

Guest Vitamin X

Your reading comprehension skills are solely lacking, but that doesn't surprise me from the way you present an argument. Let's review, shall we?

HE CHOKED THREE TIMES

What, in the world are you not fucking comprehending?

Yes, i understand all the penalties, but the fact of the matter is that they overcame all of that and needed him to make one damn kick to win that game.....

They didn't capitalize off of all those yards, and the fact that they even went to fourth down and couldn't get closer than 40 yards on those 3 misses speaks of the team's inability to get it done once inside Seahawk territory when the game was on the line. That blame doesn't fall on Feely, although he's not excepted from it.

Maybe now you might settle down and understand. The GIANTS choked, not just Feely.

You're not being realistic. Yuo have to kick that FG on 4th down. The guy was sitting like he was gonna cry at the end, that isn't a sign of being dejected to you?

Answer the question.

And no, I was completely calm watching the end of the game (which I doubt you were, judging by your affiliation), and he's sitting on the bench with a half-smirk on the bench. He walked off after missed field goal with the same face. A kicker of that caliber shorting a 45-yarder by a good few yards isn't choking; he's completely gone off the deep end already, and I doubt he'll be the same this season. The rest of the team can recover, because everyone outside of the offensive line played their asses off.

Your reading comprehension skills are solely lacking, but that doesn't surprise me from the way you present an argument. Let's review, shall we?

HE CHOKED THREE TIMES

What, in the world are you not fucking comprehending?

They didn't capitalize off of all those yards, and the fact that they even went to fourth down and couldn't get closer than 40 yards on those 3 misses speaks of the team's inability to get it done once inside Seahawk territory when the game was on the line. That blame doesn't fall on Feely, although he's not excepted from it.

Maybe now you might settle down and understand. The GIANTS choked, not just Feely.

Whatever you say buddy. I'm not wasting anymore of my time on this.

I'm passionate about me team, and you're passionate about your 2-9 Packers. We'll leave it at that.

Answer the question.

And no, I was completely calm watching the end of the game (which I doubt you were, judging by your affiliation), and he's sitting on the bench with a half-smirk on the bench. He walked off after missed field goal with the same face. A kicker of that caliber shorting a 45-yarder by a good few yards isn't choking; he's completely gone off the deep end already.

First of all, it was a 42 yard FG at the end.

LEt me see if i have this straight though, You say you wouldn't send him out there for a third time but in the same breath you are criticizing them for passing the ball on 3rd and 6? They were going for the first down, please tell me what you would have done on 3rd and 6.

4th and 6 at SEA 27 (6:08) J.Feely 45 yard field goal is No Good, Short, Center-R.Kuehl, Holder-J.Feagles.

I'm quoting ESPN - they're probably wrong.

You say you wouldn't send him out there for a third time but in the same breath you are criticizing them for passing the ball on 3rd and 6?

If you have faith in your kicker to make that kick, why aren't you running the ball for field position? Everyone know that passing on that down is a last-ditch effort for the first down. By the way, if my memory serves me correct, Burress dropped the first-down on that catch.

They were going for the first down,  please tell me what you would have done on 3rd and 6.

Option A: Call timeout. Send someone up the middle for field position.

Option B: Second option is what they did do. But don't follow it up with a field goal.

On 4th and 6...

Option A. Attempt to draw off-sides.

Option B. Pass to Shockey.

Man, LooseSault25 and Sault546 are really taking this hard

lol...yesh, this was a tough loss. It's heartbreaking.

We had a chance to take the division lead, have the tie for best record in the conference, and win a big road game against a good team (to shut the critics up). That all went out the window.

4th and 6 at SEA 27 (6:08) J.Feely 45 yard field goal is No Good, Short, Center-R.Kuehl, Holder-J.Feagles.

I'm quoting ESPN - they're probably wrong.

You say you wouldn't send him out there for a third time but in the same breath you are criticizing them for passing the ball on 3rd and 6?

If you have faith in your kicker to make that kick, why aren't you running the ball for field position? Everyone know that passing on that down is a last-ditch effort for the first down. By the way, if my memory serves me correct, Burress dropped the first-down on that catch.

They were going for the first down,  please tell me what you would have done on 3rd and 6.

Option A. Attempt to draw off-sides.

Option B. Pass to Shockey.

Option A ----- With the way it had been going they would have been called for false start for the 300th time in that game. Moving them back 5 more yards.

Option B ----- You don't want them to throw, but its ok to throw to Shockey?????? Burress is their #1 receiver.

of course they wanted to get another first down, it would have been silly not to try to get the first down in that situation.

I edited the first post because I was confused. I thought you asked what I would've done on 4 & 6. I have answers for both.

We had a chance to take the division lead, have the tie for best record in the conference, and win a big road game against a good team (to shut the critics up). That all went out the window.

After all of those penalties, who would've changed their mind about your team?

I edited the first post because I was confused. I thought you asked what I would've done on 4 & 6. I have answers for both.

After all of those penalties, who would've changed their mind about your team?

Ummm. Our team would have been the first team to knock off Seattle at home this season. We would have had the best record in the NFC. I doubt many negative things would have been said

Perhaps the critics were right in that the Giants can't win on the road. San Francisco doesn't count.

Are you fucking kidding me? The team did everything in their power to try and win that game. They can and SHOULD have won that game.

Guest Vitamin X

Actually the best record in the NFC would still belong to Seattle, only it would then be tied between them and *blech* Chicago. (EDIT: Oh, and Carolina as well.)

Also, it's not like Seattle won't be hearing shit about how they "escaped" with a win. I do know at least, I'd love to see a re-match between these two teams in the playoffs, only played without so many penalties and sloppy play.

Perhaps the critics were right in that the Giants can't win on the road. San Francisco doesn't count.

Are you fucking kidding me? The team did everything in their power to try and win that game. They can and SHOULD have won that game.

Final Score:

NYG- 21

Seattle- 24

Who is the winner? That's what count. Tampa could have tied up vs the Bears. They did not. Houston could have won if they held on their lead. They did not. Washington could have held their lead. They did not. The end result is what matters. New York failed.

But there's no way you can come away from this game saying the Giants can't win on the road, because they can. First off, they did beat the Niners, whho ALMOST came back and beat the Seahaks last week. Irs not like the Giants got slaughtered. They arguably outplayed the Seahawks for most of the game.