TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

NFL Week Twelve

I don't care about the Colts going undefeated, in fact I hope they don't because I can just see them finally losing in the playoffs and that would be a disaster.

As I said here's the scenario: Colts will not bring the A game in Seattle and lose by a little and go 15-1 or so. At this point I just want them to get home field. That's what is important, not 16-0. I mean I can't see Denver going 14-2 by any means, but I wish they'd lose a couple more to cease the anxiety.

The Colts should rest their starters against Arizona. Let Peyton and crew keep playing until they're 15-0 (which, they'll be). I'd love to see Peyton and co. score like 60 + points on the Seahawks' scrubs.

SD's the only team that I think has a ghost of a chance of beating the Colts now.

I love the Raiders, don't get me wrong. However, I'd love seeing an NFL team go undefeated just so I can tell my kids I saw the greatest team ever play and was there to see their wars on MNF. 16-0 in this day and age would be *insane* to see happen considering how roided and jacked up players are today, which I think would be a bigger achievement than going 14-0 in an era where maybe only less than 25% of the players were probably juiced, along with playing in only 14 games.

I'd also love to see Peyton break all of Marino's records. I think a loser like Marino (no SB win...) holding all of the major QB records is terrible. That's also why I hope Bret Favre keeps playing until he breaks Marino's records. Let Marino be the 2nd best QB of all-time since he obviously wasn't the best since he never won an SB, which is the whole point of playing in 16 football games a season.

Anybody else see Reggie Bush or Matt Leinart in a Jets Uniform next year?

Houston will be looking for D'Brackshaw Ferguson all the way so they can't drop too far. Green Bay has their QB in Rodgers and will most likely grab Reggie Bush. A combo of Bush and Gato could be a more explosive version of the Dunn/Duckett duo. San Fran also has their QB and if Houston decides to stay at #1 to ensure they get Ferguson then I could see San Fran trading with somebody to allow them to grab Leinart.

All three teams covet Bush at this point, yet none of them will grab Leinart with the system each team has set up.

If Green Bay ends up ahead of San Francisco, and begin to make attempts at drafting Bush, the Niners will do everything they can to get ahead of them. If they can't, it's Jimmy Williams, Haloti Ngata, or an offensive lineman. No one else.

The Texans are goddamn fools if they pick up a QB or RB. They should just trade their pick to a team that could actually *use* Bush or Matthew L.

David Carr is a great QB when he gets protection (which, he hasn't since the Texans were formed).

Domanick David is a good RB when he gets help from his O-line (which, he hasn't since the Texans were formed).

O-linemen and defense, defense, defense are all the Texans should be looking to pick up in the draft. Trade their 1st round pick for a bunch of lower round picks and they'll be set.

Guest Vitamin X
I'd also love to see Peyton break all of Marino's records.  I think a loser like Marino (no SB win...) holding all of the major QB records is terrible.  That's also why I hope Bret Favre keeps playing until he breaks Marino's records.  Let Marino be the 2nd best QB of all-time since he obviously wasn't the best since he never won an SB, which is the whole point of playing in 16 football games a season.

If Brett plays 2 more years, he'd own all the records except for wins (Elway) and yardage (Marino), and with one more year, he could probably break those as well. Of course the first one depends a lot more on the team he gets around him after this season. But I don't think there's anything wrong with Marino holding almost all the major QB records, there was no arguing that he was the NFL's best QB for a long, long time, and it's not his fault that he played Peyton Manning to Joe Montana's Tom Brady. Championships are won by teams, not by players. What if Manning gets to the big game and still doesn't win it? At least Marino made it twice, both against very good teams who they didn't have much of a chance against.

The Colts should rest their starters against Arizona.  Let Peyton and crew keep playing until they're 15-0 (which, they'll be).  I'd love to see Peyton and co. score like 60 + points on the Seahawks' scrubs.

Seahawks winning just chaffs your hide eh Raider fan? BWAHAHAHAHA!

I don't know. I think last night, the Steelers showed people how to stop the Colts. Whether teams actually are able to do it the same way or not is in question, but if you throw a lot of fake blitzes at Manning (and actually SELL THEM) at his first cadence (that is, try to time the "first snap"), he'll usually audible into a pass. If the blitz is going to the other side of the field and half of the D drops back into coverage, he'll get some passes, but overall, you bottle him up. The Steeler O-Line lost that game last night, don't be fooled; Freeney & Co. went up against a line with two essentially rookie tackles and a dullard at RG and ate them alive. Perhaps if Essex gets more experience (or, preferrably, Smith comes back healthy), the Steelers will have a better shot at beating the Colts. The Bengals showed how to score on them last week, the Steelers showed how to stop them this week. I think if Marty Shittenheimer was watching, the Colts lose to SD.

Guest Vitamin X

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, Tyler. I was honestly wondering what the fuck was happening to Pittsburgh's offensive line, since I had the idea that they were one of the better ones in the league, and their tackles were getting WORKED last night. So much that, in fact, I basically abandoned all hope for them winning the game at halftime just seeing as how their line was completely mismatched against Freeney/Simon/Mathis.

At least Marino made it twice, both against very good teams who they didn't have much of a chance against.

Marino only went to 1 SB, losing to a 49ers team that went 15-1 in the reg. season.

And, yeah, it's tough to win it all w/ no run game and average-at-best defenses.

Guest Vitamin X

My mistake, I keep forgetting that it was the Raiders instead of the Dolphins who jobbed to the Redskins in Marino's rookie year.

Well, the right side of the line has been fairly weak all year, with Kendall Simmons in particular stinking it up... but Jeff Hartings had been able to cover for his inability to get to the second level, for the most part. In pass blocking, they've usually had some stellar work by the RBs to pick up the man Simmons misses, too. However, Starks (who is in his first year as a starter) has mental lapses at times and, while he's generally solid, he's still basically a rookie. Last night, he was hobbled a bit by a knee injury that he suffered against Baltimore, and the speed of the Indy line basically rendered him useless... especially with Simmons to his left. On the other side of the line, the Steelers usually get solid play out of Marvel Smith, but he's been out the last few weeks and he went down after the first quarter of this one. There, you've got a true rook in Trai Essex backing him up, and Freeney just flat out abused him. Good blocking RBs can only do so much; when you've got three guys running free every play, it doesn't matter if you've got Peyton's arm and brain and Vick's legs; you're not going to get too many good passes off. That's why you saw a lot of short dump passes from Roethlisberger and an ineffective running game. Nearly every play, you'd see the hole develop, but Simmons' inability to get to the second level and block the linebackers killed the inside run, and leakage on the outside basically doomed any counters or slower developing runs.

Not Carolina. They're on the way down. I think teams are figuring out, "Hey wait a minute, if we cover Steve Smith, we can shut them down!" Seattle's a good pick as any.

I just have a weird feeling that they will get somewhere in the playoffs. I don't trust Atlanta or Tampa. NYG would be the only team I would replace Carolina with.

Week 13 Playoff Scenarios from ESPN:

AFC South

• The Colts can clinch division title with:

1. A win and a Jaguars loss.

• The Colts can clinch a first-round bye with:

1. A win and a Jaguars loss and a Bengals loss.

• The Colts can clinch playoff berth with:

1. A win

2. Tie and Steelers loss or tie.

3. Tie and Chargers loss.

4. Steelers loss and Chargers loss.

5. Steelers loss and Chiefs loss.

NFC West

• The Seahawks can clinch division title with:

1. A win or Rams loss or Seahawks tie and Rams tie.

The Texans and 49ers have been eliminated from playoff contention.

Guest Vitamin X

I'm picking Seattle to beat Chicago in the NFC Championship. The AFC will probably come down to the Broncos and Colts, though I see one of them losing in an upset in the divisional round, although I'm not quite sure which one yet.

I see Seattle winning at home. Seattle's defense is decent, with the home crowd behind them they could force the bland Bears offense into some really bad spots, setting up consistent field position for Hawks offense around midfield. The Hawks should be able to put up a lot of field goals, and that'll probably be enough to beat the Bears.

I think the Giants have as good a chance as anyone to come out of the NFC.

Their defense has been fantastic the last 6 games or so, and the offense has more firepower and weapons than any other nfc team by far.

Guest Vitamin X

But as the last game showed, they're still young, inexperienced, and lack enough discipline. In the playoffs, having tough, experienced veterans counts more than ever/