TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

NFL Week Twelve

Wow....Cowher's a total idiot. You've got Manning reeling a bit and you just hand him the ball in your own end. That's why he'll never win a title.

That play was too much risk vs. too little reward to me. If they get it, they still have to go about 65 yards. But if they fail, they give Peyton Manning a 35 yard field at home and a chance to pull away a bit, since the Pitt offense really isn't doing much tonight.

"Edgerrin James: when he makes a good block I'll say he makes a good block, but when he makes a bad one, I'll say he made a bad one."

Thanks, John Madden.

Interesting rebuke of the officials by the NFL here:

NFL says refs erred on Giants touchdowns

I was pretty adamant that the Shockey touchdown should have been reversed and it looks like with good reason, but what was wrong with the other TD? I don't remember anything particularly questionable about it...

I was pretty adamant that the Shockey touchdown should have been reversed and it looks like with good reason, but what was wrong with the other TD? I don't remember anything particularly questionable about it...

Toomer's left foot looked like it was touching the end line, which would have made it an incompletion. The ref, in his explanation after the replay challenge, was apparently only looking at the right foot, which Toomer dragged in bounds, and not the left.

I think the reason Shockeys wasn't overturned because there wasn't any conclusive evidence. His foot hitting the ground and him getting hit happened basically at the same time, so it was impossible to know if the ball was knocked out before his 2nd foot hit the ground.

Toomer's left foot looked like it was touching the end line, which would have made it an incompletion. The ref, in his explanation after the replay challenge, was apparently only looking at the right foot, which Toomer dragged in bounds, and not the left.

Oh right that reminds me. I seem to recall watching that play and deciding that his left foot was in bounds. I remember when he fell forward and his foot bent it looked pretty clear it was totally inside the end zone. Guess not...

That onside kick essentially finished the game for Pittsburgh.

I still think Indy loses to Seattle. MAYBE San Diego because their offense is just as powerful as Indy's.

Guest Leelee
Looks like the Colts will be running the table this year.

They won't.

At 14-0, they'd clinch home field, even if Denver wins out.

I can't see them being cute and trying too hard with their starters in their final two games, especially since the Colts still have the stigma of blowing it in the playoffs.

I don't think the Chargers can beat them in Indy. I think San Diego gives them a pretty stiff test in San Diego, but that's another story. The Seahawks game is the best chance, only because it's a road game.

Guest Leelee

LT blocks a lot more this year. They rarely use him as a receiver.

The undefeated season isn't happening.

The end.

I wish the Colts would have lost today... so, they get rid of this stupid undefeated talk, plus don't have their last few games be meaningless, like the Eagles had last year.

When they played the Steelers, LT got bottled up but still squirted out of the backfield on some designed throws for big yardage. Whether or not they do it often isn't the question; teams play it like they're gonna do it because the threat is simply there. You'll see a lot more cover two base against them because they need the LBs and corners underneath to eliminate the threat.

LT blocks a lot more this year.  They rarely use him as a receiver.

The undefeated season isn't happening.

The end.

I wish the Colts would have lost today... so, they get rid of this stupid undefeated talk, plus don't have their last few games be meaningless, like the Eagles had last year.

They don't exactly have an easy schedule.

San Diego, Jacksonville and Seattle? Nothing's for sure.

Tennessee and Arizona, they shouldn't have any trouble with, but you'll recall, as Al Michaels did, that a sub 500 team knocked off 14-0 Denver in 98.

The Bengals will head into December in 1st place. Oh yeah! :D

Although it really means nothing unless they win next week. But tell that to the Bengals ticket office who want 253 dollars from me by Friday, bastards.

About the Colts going undefeated, I really think the Jags game was the only one that was legitamately in doubt, and that's coming from a person wearing orange and black striped glasses.

I'd say its 50-50 right now, and if I had to bet on 16-0 I would say yes.

Guest Leelee

I doubt a 15-0 Indy team even wins in Arizona.

I can't see them playing their starters. Imagine if Peyton, Edge or Marvin gets hurt. And they lose in the playoffs because of it. Everyone is fired.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
I'd say its 50-50 right now, and if I had to bet on 16-0 I would say yes.

Me too. What team in this league is going to shut down that offense, and have a good enough offense to outscore what Indy does get done? They're the 85 Bears. If they do lose, they'll lose against Jacksonville with most of the starters sitting.

Guest Vitamin X

The problem is, Indy is tough to beat at home since their team is built for the RCA Dome. San Diego has a great offense, but they're beatable. Jacksonville without Leftwich and the defense that's taken a step down from last year is also certainly beatable. Seattle has the best chance at doing it, since it's at Qwest Field, but if it's a Week 16 game or so, it might not matter all that much in the end anyways.