TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

NFL Week Twelve

The Seahawks are at "Bears 2001" level bullshit in terms of getting miracle luck to win these games.  I can assure everyone they'll get the shit kicked out of them by SOMEONE come playoff time. 

By the way, how is it that Seattle gets nearly every solid team at home this year?  Note the couple times they played anyone worth a shit on the road they lost.

Redbaron, let's face it....you predicting Pittsburgh is just wishful thinking, since the Seahawks might stand a chance.  If the Colts played Seattle on a neutral site that game is a 45-20 rout.

They have only had like 3 close games. An escape out of San Francisco, the Dallas game and the NYG game.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Fuckin' A I love the Bears this season. They play ugly football that just beats the crap out of their opponents, fuck up minimally or not at all, and they don't try to do too much or force it.

Orton's got his horrible game out of his system, and is filling his role perfectly. Guy's no slouch, though. The Bears have won six games in a row, are going to be playoff-bound, and they have a frighteningly stingy type defense that wins championships. No one can deny that they just kicked the shit out of Carolina and Tampa Bays' offenses, and overcame their defenses, which are both really goddamn good.

If the Bears win this division, Kyle Orton should be Rookie of the Year.

Well, fuck. I'm a die-hard Seahawks fan, and an Eli Hater (not a Giants hater, I just hated his deal with SD. I like Tiki a lot) and after this game, I really can't hate on Eli anymore. He, and the Giants had a terrific game, and he was very cool under pressure. (of course excellence doesn't neccessarily mean I'll like the player. I've always hated Culpepper.) I think the Seattle crowd was outrageously loud for all those O-line penalties. Either way, I'm lad my team won (EDIT: GLAD. Fuckin g key), but they were lucky, lucky, lucky. The Giants looked great.

Did anyone see that ESPN story about the young WRs wearing numbers 11-18? It was one of those "who the fuck cares?" stories and they tried to make the young guys seem like hip, cool rebels for doing it.

I'll agree with Cannon...it's pretty ballsy to call Jacksonville, even at 8-3, as a great team.

Don't get me wrong, they're no push-over, but who have they beat their last four:

Cardinals, Titans, Ravens, Texans.

'Mannnn, those 80 numbers are all boxy. I mean, all due respect to the guys who wore those numbers, but they're ugly.'

I thought it made the WRs look like dumbasses. Exemplified by Larry Fitzgerald giving thanks to Keyshawn for being the first. Because his team had no 80's left. Jerry Rice was funny. Just shaking his head over the stupidity of it. Yeah, Jerry Rice is the greatest WR of all time, but man he looked ugly doing it. fucking big-ass eight all on him. Makes him a bigger target for safeties! And all that extra weight makes him slower.

I'll agree with Cannon...it's pretty ballsy to call Jacksonville, even at 8-3, as a great team.

Don't get me wrong, they're no push-over, but who have they beat their last four:

Cardinals, Titans, Ravens, Texans.

And they beat the Steelers, Bengals, and Seahawks before that, so what's your point? Also, as far as Cincy is concerned, shouldn't they BEAT a great team first before being called one? Their offense maybe fantastic, but their defense is highly overrated because they suck ass unless they get turnovers.

I wouldn't be surprised if they picked up the final playoff spot, in essence, locking out a superior San Diego team.

Oh boo-freaking-hoo. It's SD's own damn fault that they might not make the playoffs, so "superior team" or not, if they don't make it then too fucking bad.

I'm not complaining about it. Jacksonville deserves the spot and San Diego did dig a hole with their 4 losses. Fact remains is that San Diego is better than Jacksonville. However, being a Jags fan, Im sure you won't agree.

Anybody else see Reggie Bush or Matt Leinart in a Jets Uniform next year?

As it stands right now the Jets would have the 4th pick in the draft. Unless they're willing to trade up (and with the number of teams that will be after the first pic to grab Leinart, the amount needed to trade up will be outrageous) they aren't going to be able to get him. Right now the top 4 are...

1.) Houston

2.) Green Bay

3.) San Fran

4.) Jets

Houston will be looking for D'Brackshaw Ferguson all the way so they can't drop too far. Green Bay has their QB in Rodgers and will most likely grab Reggie Bush. A combo of Bush and Gato could be a more explosive version of the Dunn/Duckett duo. San Fran also has their QB and if Houston decides to stay at #1 to ensure they get Ferguson then I could see San Fran trading with somebody to allow them to grab Leinart.

The Jets have a chance, but right now its no lock they get either Leinart or Bush.

If both Bush and Leinart are gone? If John Abraham is done with the Jets after this season then I'd say Mario Williams or Mathias Kiwanuka. Otherwise I could see them grab Haloti Ngata to plug up the middle with Dewayne Robertson. They might even go ahead and take Marcus McNeil to help shore up their O-line.

God knows they have alot of needs now.

Houston will be looking for D'Brackshaw Ferguson all the way so they can't drop too far.

Don't be too sure about that. There's talk that they're satisfied with Chester Pitts at LT and will not be looking at Ferguson with the #1 pick as Pitts actually has done a respectable job there.

Not saying that they won't draft Ferguson, just that it isn't a dead solid lock.

Guest StylesMark
Feeley can suck my dick.

Nuff said.

One day after the war:

I feel terrible for Eli Manning. Someone needs to control that OL. Tiki was greater than the Great Alexander, IMO. Eli was again, a general, doing things that I've RARELY seen his brother do, i.e. lead his team to win a game in the 4th over and OVER again. The penalties killed us. Poor play in the first quarter killed us. And Jay FUCKING Feeley KILLED us.

There really is nothing he can do to make up for this, except kick a game winning field goal that get's us into the playoffs (shouldn't be a problem anyway), wins the NFC title game or the Bowl. Otherwise, Feeley is shit.

CHOKE. Feeley is the Giants what A-rod is to the Yankees. (minus the whole MVP thing)

Houston will be looking for D'Brackshaw Ferguson all the way so they can't drop too far.

Don't be too sure about that. There's talk that they're satisfied with Chester Pitts at LT and will not be looking at Ferguson with the #1 pick as Pitts actually has done a respectable job there.

Not saying that they won't draft Ferguson, just that it isn't a dead solid lock.

If they like Pitts that much then they can move him to RT. They can't pass up on Ferguson with how crappy that O-line is.

Feeley can suck my dick.

Nuff said.

One day after the war:

I feel terrible for Eli Manning. Someone needs to control that OL. Tiki was greater than the Great Alexander, IMO. Eli was again, a general, doing things that I've RARELY seen his brother do, i.e. lead his team to win a game in the 4th over and OVER again. The penalties killed us. Poor play in the first quarter killed us. And Jay FUCKING Feeley KILLED us.

There really is nothing he can do to make up for this, except kick a game winning field goal that get's us into the playoffs (shouldn't be a problem anyway), wins the NFC title game or the Bowl. Otherwise, Feeley is shit.

CHOKE. Feeley is the Giants what A-rod is to the Yankees. (minus the whole MVP thing)

Well, you also have to consider that the Seahawks held the #1 scoring offense to only 21 points who coming in averaged 28 pts a game.

My thoughts on the Raiders/Dolphins game:

:throwup:

That about sums it up.

The Raiders allowed *7* sacks and Randy Moss had no TD's. Someone's getting fired and/or traded in the off-season.

I just want the team to break .500 this season now.

I'm not complaining about it. Jacksonville deserves the spot and San Diego did dig a hole with their 4 losses. Fact remains is that San Diego is better than Jacksonville. However, being a Jags fan, Im sure you won't agree.

Partially agree, actually. SD has the better offense obviously with LT, but I've not been all that impressed with their defense(though Merriman and Edwards are beasts at LB). Jacksonville's offense has been pretty much their main problem for the past few years(Taylor getting the injury bug again, the O-line not blocking worth a shit, and Reggie Williams being abso-fucking-lutely horrible in his two years on the team), but their D more than makes up for it.

In essence, I'd call it a push.

Did anyone see that ESPN story about the young WRs wearing numbers 11-18? It was one of those "who the fuck cares?" stories and they tried to make the young guys seem like hip, cool rebels for doing it.

Why bother with assigning numbers to positions? Just let them wear whatever they want, like college does (I think)

My thoughts on the Raiders/Dolphins game:

:throwup:

That about sums it up.

The Raiders allowed *7* sacks and Randy Moss had no TD's.  Someone's getting fired and/or traded in the off-season.

I just want the team to break .500 this season now.

That team's gonna go into meltdown mode now. They're lucky if they win 6-7 games this year.

Also, about the draft. I would think Houston would trade that #1 pick to someone like the Jets wanting to move up. They'll take the other teams 2nd round pick and take offensive lineman in 1st round, and maybe another one in the second round as well with the other teams pick.

Guest Vitamin X

Why bother with assigning numbers to positions? Just let them wear whatever they want, like college does (I think)

NO, it's confusing.

And yes, college as well as high school allows their players to wear whatever number they want.