TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vampiro69

What is your most valuable comic worth?

My most valuable is Showcase #60 featuring the Spectre's first appearence in the silver age. It is worth $360 dollars, others include:

Flash 140-1st appearence of Heatwave $140

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen: 1st appearence of Darkseid $90

Mister Miracle #1: Jack Kirby, 1st Scott Free as Mister Miracle $75

What is your valuable books?

I've got quite a few, although most aren't in the best of shape. I've got the first issue of Avengers and Daredevil, as well as most of the old FF and Spidey books, including ones like the first appearance of Kingpin and Silver Surfer.

I've got quite a few, although most aren't in the best of shape.  I've got the first issue of Avengers and Daredevil, as well as most of the old FF and Spidey books, including ones like the first appearance of Kingpin and Silver Surfer.

Now that is cool. Even if they are not in great shape they would be an awesome to read and own.

I have two that come to mind that may be worth a bit.

Amazing Spider-Man #39 - Green Goblin revealed as Norman Osborn and he finds out that Spidey is Peter Parker.

Batman #232 - 1st Ra's Al Ghul

I've got quite a few, although most aren't in the best of shape.  I've got the first issue of Avengers and Daredevil, as well as most of the old FF and Spidey books, including ones like the first appearance of Kingpin and Silver Surfer.

Now that is cool. Even if they are not in great shape they would be an awesome to read and own.

Yeah, it's neat to hold something that historic in your hands and know it's the real deal. Actually, I'm in the process with parting with almost all of my comics (around 2,000). I'll hang on to the ones with some significant personal meaning, but I'm not able to justify the entire closet the boxes take up anymore. 'Tis will be a sombering day when it all goes down.

I'll take some group pics of the primo books and the entire collection before I start selling them off.

That would be Tales Of Suspense 57, first appearence of Hawkeye. Bought it when I was like 10 at a sports card show for 37 bucks, as the comic guy was having a half off sale and Hawkeye was my favorite character (10 years later it's Beast). I don't know why it was only priced at 75, since it is in NM condition so it would be pretty close to the regular price at the time which was 150. I suppose that has gone up considering how popular he's gotten.

Even though I don't really collect comics, I do happen to have Amazing Spider-Man #3 (first appearance of Dr. Octopus), which after an unqualified search just now could sell for $2000 or so.

My grandfather left it to me when he died, along with some other valuable stuff he had.

Not sure what is valuable in the market today, but I have...

Amazing Spider-Man #299 & 300 - First appearance of Venom

Ultimate Spider-Man #1

Amazing Spider-Man #350, 400 & 500

Aliens (First Dark Horse) #1-6

Excalibur #1

G.I. Joe #21 - Silent issue, used to be worth money... ;)

Transformers (Marvel) - #1... well, entire series actually. :)

Nick Fury v. S.H.I.E.L.D.

I've begun to list my comics on eBay and I figured I'd give some of the more rare ones a whirl, too. Listed Amazing Spidey 129 with a reserve, so if it doesn't sell, no biggie; I can live with keeping it. Here's an actual picture of it:

amazing129.jpg