TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

I got an NES

I've never actually owned one before, but even though ROMs are free--30 bucks for a working NES unit, 2 controllers, Xevious, Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt/Track & Field, Bad Dudes, Blades of Steel, and Pro Wrestling was a steal.

Plus I ordered Castlevania 3, because most of the ROMs I've found suck.

Also may get Contra (want to play 2P mode in it...and abuse *that* code a bit.

So, what else should I consider?

Ghosts n Goblins, Wizards and Warriors, Manaic Mansion, Ninja Gaiden 1, 2, and 3, Castlevania, and any Mega Man (good luck I know).

If your looking for a certain game, you may wanna ask me about it. I could check my store to see if I have it or not and if I do maybe we can work something out to where I can get it to you.

Guest T®ITEC

Dragon Warrior, if you're into that sort of thing. The second one was very fun and I have no recollection of the third.

But mostly what they said. All good games.

"Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link"

Hmm...gee...never heard of that one. :P Seriously, though I know a lot of people underrate it. Although I'm hesitant about getting battery-backed games, cuz you don't know if it will work, or last long.

Got several of those games emulated in some form, but I'd forgotten about NG, W&W, and MM.

Scroby: check PMs.

and any Mega Man (good luck I know).

Actually, if you go to any GameStop/FuncoLand/etc., they're all fairly easy to find except for the first one.

Guest T®ITEC
DW4 was the one I could never beat because I was stuck on some little part, due to me being retarded. But yeah, that was a really fun game. Much more story than the other three DW games.

Dragon Warrior 4 is one of my favorite RPGs ever for any console. It's a shame we didn't get the PS remake.

Edit: Battletoads, Blaster Master, Castlevania 1-3, Maniac Mansion, Crystalis, Deja Vu, Bubble Bobble, Ninja Gaiden 1-3, Super Dodge Ball, Double Dragon, Life Force, Super Mario 1-3, Mega Man 2-4, Zelda 1-2, Punch Out, Contra, Startropics 1-2, River City Ransom, Dr Mario, Metroid, Wizards and Warriors, and Bionic Commando

Aladdin

Double Dragon

Mortal Kombat II

Street Fighter II

Super Mario All-Stars

Paperboy

NBA Live 1995

NHL 1994

WWF Raw

Those were the games I just played the hell out of as a kid.

Except for Paperboy and Double Dragon, those were SNES though.

Raza:  Nothing qtips couldn't fix.

Danville:  Wrong console...those are mostly for Super NES.

Fear the flashing screen of death! Did you get lucky by finding the top loading NES?

Accessories that you need:

Power Pad with the game World Class Track Meet

MAX and Advantage controllers

4 controller input

Game Genie

Guest Leelee

Master System > NES.

Plus, I really want to find someone to buy all those damn games from me. :P

When I was younger, I couldn't find a copy of Dragon Warrior IV anywhere. I think I was the only one to rent it at a video store, so it always had my saved file on it.

Seeing all the games named in this topic makes me want to plug in my NES again. Now those were the days :D

Guest Leelee

Master System was released in the US.

It's actually still popular in South America.

Guest T®ITEC

Whoa. I'd never even heard of a top loader before now. Those things are just weird looking. So, uh, do they run better than the normal ones?

Whoa. I'd never even heard of a top loader before now. Those things are just weird looking. So, uh, do they run better than the normal ones?

Picture: http://www.vgmuseum.com/systems/topnes/nes.jpg

Basically, Nintendo released a smaller, cheaper-to-make version of the system (like nearly every company since) around 1990 I believe

It's not really that the system is any better at reading cartridges, but the mechanism for inserting and loading cartridges (you have to firmly put it inside the old NES, and press it down. If lots of dirt gets in there, or if the mechanism craps out, it's a pain in the BUTT to get it to play.

NES 2--stick the cartridge in, boot on.

Didn't the NES Game Genie have some sort of problem where sometimes cartridges would refuse to run without it if used a lot?

Andrew check your PM's. I found 2 out of the 3 you asked me about.

Awesome, thanks (I thought I only asked for those two, so I replied and I think I asked you again, ah well).

My brother in law has a Master System. It also has pretty good versions of Double Dragon and Ghosts and Goblins.

Other good MS games are Shinobi, Psycho Fox, and some of the arcade translations.