TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Coffey

TNA Turning Point

Guest Coffey

Here is it. The TNA Turning Point PPV thread. Thought I'd start this bitch way early to remind a couple of cats that it's going down and give them time to make plans if they want to try to get something together last minute.

We might also get both Sting and Kanyon tonight.

So, how many people are ordering?

This PPV is a complete case for the fact TNA needs to reduce the # of ppv's. This is a completely buyable show for Joe/Styles (which usually delivers), Barbed wire and a likely hot tag match.

However because they just had another good show on paper last month, I brought that one.

If they reduced the # of shows to 8, the interest in a show like this would increase.

I agree. 7-8 PPVs would be great, especially at 1 hour buildup each week.

Love the video packages. I think this is gonna be a great show. The surprises are nice, but I think I read somewhere where the surprise is not the hype that Dixie was talking about. But then I read contrary. We'll see I guess.

Guest J-Man

This looks like a great PPV, the entire lineup looks enticing. If I wasn't at University or in the middle of exams, I'd buy it for sure. However, TNA still hasn't gotten over one of the biggest problem with their PPVs - and that is that they overload them with stuff. Everything looks good, but with the amount of matches on the card nothing will truly get enough time to be elevated into the great status (except for AJ-Joe. They better still give it at least 30 minutes, otherwise I'll be angry when I do get ahold of this show which I will).

This, in my opinion, is TNA's biggest show to date. All the feuds have been flowing along nicely. AJ-Joe will be a great wrestling clinic, Cage-Brown has been built pretty well and it has truly been the best feud on the mic for TNA, Rhino-Jarrett has been built superbly by TNA and I really want Rhino to win (I thought I had lost interest in Rhino a long while ago, but TNA showed me I was wrong) - Bound For Glory definately made Rhino and shows that TNA didn't make a mistake on that one, 3D vs. AMW also has been the highest profile tag feud in years and finally Sabu-Abyss will be pretty devastating and I enjoy a good carwreck. It should definately bring in the hardcore buys. Those five matches really make this PPV better then others. However, I see all matches getting only about 10-15minutes, other then Joe-AJ getting about 30 and Rhino-Jarrett getting the main event 20. And 10-15 minutes shouldn't be PPV lenght matches (at least not for the big feuds, the undercard yes), but main event iMPACT matches.

As much as Aires/Bentley vs. Shelley/Strong has the chance to be good, it won't have enough time and therefore will probably not be so. This should never have been added to the card for absolutely no reason or it should have just been on the pre-show. A Raven match should just have been a Raven segment or something, as there just is too many matches on the card.

Lastly, I hope to GOD that Team Canada vs. 3LK is like 3minutes long so that this shitfest doesn't take the time of the good matches. They should just have the James Gang abondon Konnan/Killings in the first few minutes and have them get murdered by Team Canada FAST. That is the best possible outcome.

Guest Frank_Nabbit

I'll get the DVD for 4 of the matches... Rhino in the main. Eh.. vs Jarret??!?!?!? Bleh.

Guest God Junior

The X-Division tag match really has no place on the PPV when the time could be going to other matches. I don't get why 4LK are having another match with Team Canada either. I thought they beat them on the last PPV, though I could be wrong. Shows how much I care about this storyline.

The X-Division tag match really has no place on the PPV when the time could be going to other matches.

I agree that the Diamonds in the Rough has no business being on the PPV. And why is Jeff Hardy working the preshow....I thought that was reserved for Sharkboy comedy matches.

Guest Coffey

An eight-match lineup with three hours to kill isn't asking too much. What are y'all talking about? That's an average of 22 1/2 minutes per match. Obviously that won't happen, some'll be longer than others and there'll be some non-match stuff going on...but that's pretty much the standard formula for PPVs.

Guest J-Man

I thought God Junior was talking about the Bentley/Aires vs. Strong/Shelley match like I was - but as for the Diamonds in the Rough match, it is being used to generate some publicity, so therefore it has its place. I didn't think it would work, but was proven wrong. However, if I was booker, I'd let the actual team of the DitR win as to further legitimize them. They need to create more Tag-Teams so the division doesn't get stale, which they have been successful in the past at doing and need to continue to do.

With Raven's match, its 9 matches. And you can't devide the time evenly as you have, as there are the ring entrances to matches, backstage segments/interviews, and hype videos. All this needs say, 30-45 minutes easy (and is increased with each and everymatch added), which leaves 135minutes divided by 9 is 15minutes. Your right, it's not so bad, but I still think if they should give 20minutes to all the big feuds, Which leaves the undercard with no time and just makes it pointless filler. I think everything on PPV should mean something, and that every PPV should strive to be better then the best.

But yeah, I definately overreacted. I just feel that with the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT, that time is going to be wasted on non match things.

Isn't Punk dating Tracy? cuz on the Backstage photos for Turning Point number 13 up now, it sure does look like Monty Brown is close to her and sniffing her and she's laughing...

I read on the ROH board several months ago that Punk and Tracy broke up earlier this year.

The only downside I see to this show is that Jarrett will likely retain, and there might not be a clean finish to Monty/Christian. And since nothing is really on tv tonight, I mite order it.

The only downside I see to this show is that Jarrett will likely retain, and there might not be a clean finish to Monty/Christian. And since nothing is really on tv tonight, I mite order it.

Roode to Lariat both Monty and Christian for a DQ finish?

Roode to Lariat both Monty and Christian for a DQ finish?

Team Canada interference, or if a new face were to appear, they would get involved in the match. I dont see Monty losing clean, or Christian losing his first PPV match.

Humm....

- Looks like a solid card.

- AJ/Joe will deliver no doubt.

- The X-Division tag should be great.

- Alex Shelley has one of the best gimmicks in TNA right now.

- Jarrett v. Rhyno will be overbooked. But entertaining.

- Brown/Christian should be alright. Brown is decent in the ring.

- Christian should pick up his first win.

- Raven's feud with Larry Z is fun for me. So this should help.

- The 4 Life Kru should be kept in a small dose.

- Shark Boy should fight on the Pre-Show against Jarelle Clark.

- Again, Alex Shelley is the most entertaining guy in TNA.

- Jeff Hardy on the Pre-Show? Yikes.

- The Barb-Wire match should be pure fun if nothing else.

- Hopefully Petey hits the Destroyer on Konnan, so he'll stop wrestling.

- Team 3D v. AMW should be aright. AMW is entertaining.

- I want the Naturals to be on the Pay-Per-View. They are awesome.

- Oh well, at least they're on the Pre-Show.

- The Baseball Brawl should be fun. Sabin and Dutt are great.

- Tolberg was decent for a man his size.

- Diamonds in the Rough can be alright as long as Young wrestles most.

- And Skipper doesnt run the ropes.

Looks solid to me =)

Edited by natey2k4

You know, a thought I just had.

A few years ago, in a tag team title match, I found out that TNA has/had a rule that titles COULD change on a DQ or count out, leading to another Triple X reign with the belts.

Do they still have that rule?