TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Comments that don't warrant a thread

You're right but I figured like a hundred people would have sent what I did so it was surprising that he read mine, plus it was the first time I ever e-mailed him.

That's cool. I got the only email I've ever sent him read about nine years ago, and I did a complete double take when he read it.

You're right but I figured like a hundred people would have sent what I did so it was surprising that he read mine, plus it was the first time I ever e-mailed him.

That's cool. I got the only email I've ever sent him read about nine years ago, and I did a complete double take when he read it.

There's a guy that e-mails pretty frequently named Chris form Ottawa and I figured it might have been you but I guess not.

Quick question for ya, Al

I was looking at home/road splits and came upon Bonds in 2004 with the following stat line...

Home: 304 PA, 16 2B - 3 3B - 26 HR, 115 BB (61 IBB) vs. 23 K, .412/.638/.962

Is that one of the top lines in either a home or road split ever amongst batters?

There's a guy that e-mails pretty frequently named Chris form Ottawa and I figured it might have been you but I guess not.

Nope. I can't listen at work.

I was in Québec City over the weekend for the Winter Carnival, but got to enjoy some of the sports coverage in my down time. I miss having the hockey coverage in French like we used to have in Maine.

I have to say that Sports Centre was much more enjoyable than its cousin Sports Center. It however was odd that Nashville Predator highlights were a more pressing matter than A-Rod.

I also noticed how Québec City seems to still mourn the loss of the Nordiques. With the amount of Nords merchandise I saw, I would think the team was still playing every couple days at the old Colisée.

I don't know if any of you guys ever follow the X-Games, but freestyle motocrosser Jeremy Lusk died due to head injuries after a botched back flip. I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often since the guys are constantly trying to push things one step forward. He was only 24.

The All Drafted Past Round 40 Team

C: Mike Piazza

1B: Keith Hernandez

2B: Eric Young

SS: Julio Lugo

3B: Rob Mackowiak

LF: Jeff Conine

CF: Chad Curtis

RF: Al Cowens

SP: Bryn Smith

SP: Darrell May

SP: Brandon Duckworth

SP: Paul Kilgus

SP: Bobby M. Jones

CL: Jason Isringhausen

I don't know if any of you guys ever follow the X-Games, but freestyle motocrosser Jeremy Lusk died due to head injuries after a botched back flip. I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often since the guys are constantly trying to push things one step forward. He was only 24.

Whoa... I'm amazed that guys (Travis Pastrana...) don't suffer more major injuries. Often you hear of a broken wrist or a mangled leg, etc. but never that a guy is in a coma or had a fractured skull upon landing.

Hey, has anyone else heard of the A-11 offense? It looks basically like a fake punt being run every play. Pretty crazy stuff, wonder how long it'll last or how far it'll go.

Apparently, it might not last much longer.

Link

Whoa... I'm amazed that guys (Travis Pastrana...) don't suffer more major injuries. Often you hear of a broken wrist or a mangled leg, etc. but never that a guy is in a coma or had a fractured skull upon landing.

Brutal, brutal landing. I'm honestly surprised he lived as long as he did.

Someone made Aybar their first round pick in the fantasy baseball draft and it went from there.

And Willy Aybar has a bit of a history here at TSM. I don't think we ever actually figured out where he was.

I also noticed how Québec City seems to still mourn the loss of the Nordiques. With the amount of Nords merchandise I saw, I would think the team was still playing every couple days at the old Colisée.

I wonder if this is true for Hartford, because if it is, I'll just fly down there to pick up a Whalers jersey.

Guest Czech please!
I hope you are all sitting down when I tell you this...Rich Harden and Milton Bradley have both been placed on the DL. Really didn't see it coming with those two.

:o

Guest Vitamin X
Is there going to be a Yahoo Baseball fantasy league this year?

You've missed about 3-4 chances to get in on our keeper league this year (the thread title is "TSM Fantasy Baseball 2009").

I found this amusing:

Press release around 8pm Wednesday: Steve Williams, caddy for Tiger Woods, says Tiger is "(just) weeks" from competing again.

Roughly 4pm Thursday: Phil Mickelson, currently most famous for not getting along with Williams (after a career of 'most-famous-for' headscratchers), fires an -8 63, to take the first-round lead at Riveira.

Press release about 15 minutes later: "Yeah, Tiger will be back at next week's tournament. See you all Monday."