TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

WWE to Start Another "Controversial" angle

So are all wrestling promoters closet faggots?

How about being a little more politically correct?

Try calling them "Cornholing-Americans".

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Stephanie had decided that she's a real TV writer. That's why we have "season premiers" and such nonsense. This is a TV drama or sitcom storyline.

Considering all the positive reviews Brokeback Mountain get these days, I'm surprised that they haven't turned Cade and Murdoch into lovers yet.

Guest Chrisly_2005

How many "gay/bisexual" wrestlers have there been? I can think of Rico, Billy & Chuck, The Heart Throbs, and now Orlando Jordan. I am sure I missed some. Who did i miss?

By the way, poor Orlando's career is about over now.

Considering all the positive reviews Brokeback Mountain get these days, I'm surprised that they haven't turned Cade and Murdoch into lovers yet.

Well, Murdoch did review Brokeback Mountain on Raw Unlimited and said that the movie really hit close to home...

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
Well, my friend Chris told me a while ago that in OVW there was always talk that Orlando was gay.

It's pretty well known in OVW.

My problem with this isn't that he's going to be bisexual; it's that the angle is bisexuality. This could be a very interesting character thing, but they'll use it to make a lot of "funny" gay jokes.

Actually, this really doesn't make much sense for a wrestling character, even if they did it well.

*WWE's pre-debut press release on Hassan tone*

This controversial character change for Orlando Jordan should not be immediately greeted this way. This could be a very positive development that opens some great new story opportunities. While we currently live in a culture that generally is growing more tolerant of those with different lifestyles, the homosexual community is plagued with stereotypes to this day.

A bisexual African American is one important step that could be taken to assuage this.

A bisexual African American is one important step that could be taken to assuage this.

i quickly skimmed through all the posts and I thought this said "a sausage"!

They are gonna make Bobby Lashley a gangbanger in a few months at the rate they are going.

They might as well just completely model him after Mike Tyson. Constantly talk and threaten and then crush opponents. Then before Mania, have him goof off and act up and lose to Funaki.

They are gonna make Bobby Lashley a gangbanger in a few months at the rate they are going.

They might as well just completely model him after Mike Tyson. Constantly talk and threaten and then crush opponents. Then before Mania, have him goof off and act up and lose to Funaki.

Nah, they would bring Fred Ottoman back or something.

Aside from killing Orlando's career, this angle will also kill Trinity's career in the Southern US.

Why?

Interracial relationships are still frowned upon over a lot of the southern US.

If Orlando isn't on his cell phone leaving messages on party lines to hook up with some men and smoke some meth in an orgy of male on male action like on Intervention then I'll refuse to believe he is gay/bi.

Aside from killing Orlando's career, this angle will also kill Trinity's career in the Southern US.

Why?

What he means is, the southern states are full of rednecks.

I can attest to the interacial thing. Me and this girl (who is black) will be going out soon (as friends), but many co-workers are still frowning upon it for some reason or another.

How many "gay/bisexual" wrestlers have there been? I can think of Rico, Billy & Chuck, The Heart Throbs, and now Orlando Jordan. I am sure I missed some. Who did i miss?

By the way, poor Orlando's career is about over now.

Jesus H. Christ, the generation gap here astounds me these days.

Try: Adrian Adonis, Adrian Streete, Lanny Poffo, Goldust, Brian Christopher/Scott Taylor, Lenny/Lodi, Shawn Michaels. Alright, I made that last one up, but you never know... :P

And, his career is not over. It's just taking a turn for "the stupid".

Judging from this, and from Shelton's momma, I'm starting to think that the writeres are racist. I fear for Booker T and even Viscera's futures.

While I don't dispute the possibility that WWE writers might be quite predjudiced, I think you're really reaching by associating that assumption with this angle. Every other "alternative lifestyle" gimmick in WWE has been saddled on a white guy. Time to jump off the bandwagon.

Guest InuYasha

Why?

What he means is, the southern states are full of rednecks.

Why be polite about it? They're a bunch of sociopathic gay-bashing homophobes whose idea of a good way to relate to gays is to bash their skulls in. The sad truth is, the Catholics are actually more tolerant of gays than Protestants are....

Fuck this, as an Orlando Jordan fan. He's been pushed as a credible US champion and in the past few weeks turned face somehow, I think he's a great cocky midcard wrestler...this Bi gimmick will fuck his career, which is BS after JBL saved it with Orlando as his chief of staff.

I dont really think the WWE writers are racists. But they do conciously play up stereotypes to create publicity and shock value. If they were racists they wouldnt push Booker like they did in the best of 7 (before the injury that is).

Trinity could be a asset to the womens division but I'd rather see OJ get fired and that is what I think will happen eventually because of this. I cant see why WWE still want us to buy into homosexual gimmicks (even if this one is supposedly bisexual). They cant do anything they havent already done with it. And besides they already have The Heart Throbs acting stereotypical gay on RAW.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

I like how that one poster labels Adrien Street "gay" while Rico (who is doing basically a Street parody/homage) is "just messing with there minds.

/Likes being a fan for 20 years +