TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlefreak

The end of WWE divas?

gotta decide what you want more/less of: divas, Cena gay jokes, Edge's angtsy crap, HHH promos

Less Cena gay jokes and less Edge.

As much as the Diva matches suck, at least they allow for food and bathroom break during RAW and PPV.

I'll take more HHH promos over Edge with a mic.

gotta decide what you want more/less of: divas, Cena gay jokes, Edge's angtsy crap, HHH promos

more, less, more, less, respectively

No offence taken. But seriously, wouldn't you rather the WWE spent the diva segments on something more entertaining?

Entertainment is subjective anyway. You and I are probably the types that would be entertained by a 45-minute battle between Angle and Benoit. There are others who would see that and fall asleep. Some are entertained by watching the divas, some aren't. Simple solution...don't like the divas, don't watch. Change the channel.

I don't mind Divas except that their matches are often painfully bad.

For example at NYR Trish vs Mickie, they do the spot where Mickie runs up and Trish grabs her around the waist and slams her to the ground once or twice. You can see Mickie jump very noticeably, it just looks really bad. I saw HBK do the same move to someone later and it looked much better. I don't want my wrestling to be real but I want suspension of disbelief.

I don't mind people like Candice and Maria so much because she's not supposed to be good. But out the women who are supposed to be real wrestlers only Victoria is worth anything. Trish and Mickie are both pretty awful.

I thought Michelle McCool had some potential, I have no idea what happened to her.

Needs more HLA and less diva wrestling, there is no need for the women to even pretend to wrestle just give me what I want......a nipple slip, a lesbian kiss, and/or gratious BUTT shots. That being said when will Mickie James and Trish have live sex in the middle of the ring?

Guest Princess Leena

The "divas" (I hate even typing that word) need to be either TNA, or "wrestlers". Both doesn't work, because certain fanbases will only care about one aspect of it.

The divas get like 8 minutes of total show time on Raw so it's not like their taking up all your precious man on man wrestling action. They're a sideshow like wrestling midgets. And personally, I'll take 8 minutes of divas over having to listen to an extra 8 minutes of a John Cena promo.

Guest Chemical Mongoose
The divas get like 8 minutes of total show time on Raw so it's not like their taking up all your precious man on man wrestling action. They're a sideshow like wrestling midgets. And personally, I'll take 8 minutes of divas over having to listen to an extra 8 minutes of a John Cena promo.

Good point.

Wrestlefreak - I don't suggest singling out the Divas as the flawed gap in the World Wrestling Entertainment. I am pretty sure many people are sick to death of listening to Cena run through his emotions in poetry form rather then taking action. Hell, I've been sick of him for over a year now but I wouldn't consider him the kink in the chain. What makes you suggest that the Divas are a lack of credibility to the WWE when there are far worse things going on. Believe me, the World Wrestling Entertainment needs females to lighten it up. I know that as soon as all of these Divas do leave, if they do, that the show would get tasteless. I don't know why you are picking out the Divas.

I think the WWE should change a direction with the divas to some degree and make them more managerial-like. For example, I always loved Sunny in 1996 b/c she was a creative manager of three successive tag teams. I think the WWE might be better off scrapping the women's division entirely and making someone like Trish Stratus the leader of some type of heel stable. Heel Trish is pretty damn awesome in my view.

There were two women's matches on the last PPV. 2! I cant remember the last time there were 2 womens matches on a PPV.

And I didnt order the PPV, so I guess I cant exactly say anything, but still. The bra and panties gauntlet match must have taken up some time that could have been put to better use and they would have still gotten the Womens title match.

MODS- For Jesus sake suspend the ability of this board to create new members. I can't understand how there are people with the power to change things around here and they continue to allow bullshit repetitive topics like this one to see the light of day. HTQ, I'm tying in your direction.

I'd like for them to decide that some girls are managers ala Elizabeth, and some are wrestlers. The wrestlers, of course, can also manage, but Stacy Kiebler should never wrestle again except under very rare circumstances where you run a mixed tag. The managers can do T&A segments and cat fights and such, but there should never be another Torrie Wilson type who is clearly not a wrestler, doesn't manage, and is in poor T&A segments and pathetic matches

Guest TheDictionary
tying

Function: adjective

: of, relating to, or being an arrangement or agreement in which a seller will sell a product to a buyer only if the buyer will also buy another product; also : of or being the product that will not be sold without the other

NOTE: A tying arrangement violates antitrust laws.

I've never been a fan of women's wrestling but lately the diva matches on RAW have been passable and the storylines have been more coherant than many of those for the male wrestlers. The whole Victoria's stable vs. Trish/Mickie/Ashley with Ashley unable to trust Mickie thing is cliched but it does work.

Also, Maria >>>>>>>>>>> everything else on RAW.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

There were two women's matches on the last PPV. 2! I cant remember the last time there were 2 womens matches on a PPV.

And I didnt order the PPV, so I guess I cant exactly say anything, but still. The bra and panties gauntlet match must have taken up some time that could have been put to better use and they would have still gotten the Womens title match.

Trish vs. Mickie was the match fo the night

MODS- For Jesus sake suspend the ability of this board to create new members. I can't understand how there are people with the power to change things around here and they continue to allow bullshit repetitive topics like this one to see the light of day. HTQ, I'm tying in your direction.

I take message-boarding seriously. What do you guys think this is? A place to be entertained or something? No, this board is for serious discussion on workrate related matters only.

Seriously though, it's okay, wipe the sand from your little workrate vagina.

Take another hit of the sweat from Benoit's taint, that always seems to calm you down.

You're pretty off-base, champ. I haven't really cared about anything wrestling-related for a while now. Doesn't mean I'm not willing but when generic-as-fuck topics get started up it's hard to push people towards legit discussion. That Benoit line was weak.

elitist. Don't make this a public site then.