TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Desperate Housewife

Do You Know How Dumb You Sound?

Some people here are just the most pathetic people I've ever encountered.

Last night, I didn't get to watch Raw, so I was following it via the OAO Raw Thread, and Wade Kellar's ongoing page......and all anyone seemed to do was criticise the show. You don't like the people on the show, you don't like who's being pushed....Hell, The Spirit Squad debuted (which I've since seen a video of and LOVED) and this place erupted with people saying "I quit", or "I'm turning the tv off"

If you don't like the WWE - Fine.

If you don't like the WWE - don't watch it and spend the whole time criticising it. It ruins it for the rest of us who DO enjoy it.

Besides, what they hell you're doing criticising the WWE is beyond me. They don't care what you think.

people are criticizing the WWE because it's been churning out bad product...just simply turning the TV off isn't the answer, bitching loud enough so that the WWE finally does something about it is. I'm sure the WWE would rather be criticized and in turn change things around than have people just plain stop watching...when they quit giving us shit, people will quit bitching...most of us have watched wrestling all of our lives, it's not fair for us to have to simply just stop watching something we've enjoyed forever because there are some dolts writing the shows.

Personally - I don't have a problem with the shows. They're better than they've been recently.I'll take the Spirit Squad over a 20 minute HHH interview any day

Guest Coffey

I don't think this should've been moved to Hardcore Discussion, possibly just renamed.

DesperateHousewife is right, to an extent. It's OK for people to complain about the show. That's not going to change. Negative critism will always be around. The problem is the people that do nothing but reply negatively. The same people that say "I'm done" and "I can't believe I still watch this shit" are the same people the next week saying the exact same thing. None of them have the self-control to actually stick to their word. If the people bitching did finally quit watching, then the number of people bitching in the threads would start to dwindle. Also, if you're going to stop watching, then just stop watching. You don't have to post that you're quitting to a bunch of people that don't know whom the fuck you are anyway.

On the flipside, overly positive people can be just as annoying, if not moreso, than overly negative people. That Spirit Squad shit was TRASH. Seriously, five or six dudes debut in an attempt to put over the fucking Coach?

Guest thebigjig

I think houewife's got a point, actually.

I've been coming here for years and the one consistent, never-ending theme has been the bitching of every minute detail of WWE by the internet "smart" mark. I even allowed myself to become one for quite a long time until I came to the realization last year that the product sucked, wasn't going to get any better, and that it was time for me to find something else to do on Monday nights.

Watching a product you absolutely hate is the equivalent of going to a restaurant and ordering dog shit... and you don't like dog shit, infact, you HATE it... but you keep ordering it and ordering it and ordering it. And why do you keep ordering it? "Because I'm gonna keep eating it and complaining about it until this dog shit becomes filet mignon, damnit!" But guess what? You're in a restaurant full of dog shit lovers, and you're one of the very, very, very few who hate it, and who do you honestly think the owners of this restaurant are going to listen to? You?!

I can already hear some of you saying "I'm just waiting for it to get good again", as if this company had such a proven track record for quality. If you examine the history of the product... the most common aspect of it is that there's ALWAYS been a few great things in a sea of stupidity. In the 80's, the character of Hulk Hogan and matches like Savage and Steamboat captivated me, but it was still surrounded by midgets and fat guys wearing polka dots. In the 90's, Steve Austin turned the wrestling world upside down... but Mae Young still gave birth to a hand.

I guess I put up with all of that crap in the past because they gave me things I found exciting and fresh... but most of that involved pushing the envelope, and I don't think they can push it anymore. I'd love to see them go back to the roots and develop a more old school, gritty wrestling drama, but it wouldn't sell... and you're foolish to think it would.

So, rambling thoughts aside, if you hate it so much... stop watching it. WWE isn't the only product out there for you to enjoy. Watch TNA or Japanese stuff and try getting laid on Monday nights... your stress level will go down and you may even find a new found sound confidence when you realize you're not picking apart Kurt Angle matches ("That doesn't make sense, man! He's not selling the back! HE SUX!!!")

the WWE does swing in and out from being good to not being good...consistency is the problem, so dealing with the crap and "waiting for it to get better" is actually a viable option. I agree, people should shit or get off the pot...if you're going to bitch about the product sucking, tell us why, don't just say "i'm done watching". If you're done, then be done, but I certainly think people have the right to complain about what sucks with the product, a product they've been dealing with for years, through good and bad.

Guest thebigjig

there have been ASPECTS of WWE that have been good over the years, but most of it has been complete shit... especially during the attitude era where we all loved it only because it was "new" to us in the age of Jerry Springer. I've rewatched some RAWS that I thought were classics back in 98-99, and they are morbidly awful.

Same goes for stuff in the 80's. Looking back on it with a different mindset, I don't think I can remember a single time in which WWE put out a great, (keyword) all around product with the exception of some stand out pay per views. For every WrestleMania X-7, you have the following week of programming where Austin's heel turn was never really explained in any reasonable way, for example. It's always been a mixed bag... so to complain about it as if there was truly a "good old days" is a little ridiculous because I'm not seeing much of a difference between the shit now and the shit then.

There has been nothing about the product that makes me want to stop watching. Usually it's either extremely bad or something good. RAW usually has at least one moment that makes me laugh, whether it was supposed to or not doesn't matter. It's not like WCW was when they hit that "nothing good and nothing funny" phase. It's when they hit that phase I'll start to worry about them.

Last night, the Spirit squad was incredibly lame but I chuckled that someone actually thought it was a good idea. The crowd disagreed with me but I can't blame em, that was a little bit weird. Least Shelton vs HBK was good although I'm clueless as to why Shawn felt that he needed to show the crowd the ass of Shelton. And the Devil Vince vs HBChrist angle is going to be more hilarious than programming on TBN. Plus RVD is coming back soon so I'll finally get some flying action back on the show. I don't get the "I quit" stuff, there has been nothing about the show making me want to quit. Just makes me want to laugh at their idiocy more.

there have been ASPECTS of WWE that have been good over the years, but most of it has been complete shit... especially during the attitude era where we all loved it only because it was "new" to us in the age of Jerry Springer. I've rewatched some RAWS that I thought were classics back in 98-99, and they are morbidly awful.

Same goes for stuff in the 80's. Looking back on it with a different mindset, I don't think I can remember a single time in which WWE put out a great, (keyword) all around product with the exception of some stand out pay per views. For every WrestleMania X-7, you have the following week of programming where Austin's heel turn was never really explained in any reasonable way, for example. It's always been a mixed bag... so to complain about it as if there was truly a "good old days" is a little ridiculous because I'm not seeing much of a difference between the shit now and the shit then.

are we talking in numbers here or opinions?

Guest thebigjig

are we talking in numbers here or opinions?

definitely opinions

well, i think it's unreasonable to expect them to put out an ALL AROUND good product, but there's definently been plenty of times when the good far outweighed the bad. I just don't think right now, except for most of Smackdown, you can really say that.

This is thesmartmarks not 'the marks'...go to yahoo chat or something desperatehousewife the journalist. Bret Hart will be invading there.

I posted an 'I quit' a couple years ago. I think I've watched WWE twice since. I don't know how people can take it. The only chance of seeing a good match is PPV, and they're, what, $40 now? Please.

Guest Coffey
This is thesmartmarks not 'the marks'...go to yahoo chat or something...
Contrary to popular belief, you can be smart towards the business and not be overly negative. This site is TheSmartMarks, like you said, it's not TheBitterSmarks.

I agree with what Lushus said here:

Consistency is the problem. People should shit or get off the pot. If you're going to bitch about the product sucking, tell us why, don't just say "i'm done watching". If you're done, then be done, but I certainly think people have the right to complain about what sucks with the product.
If you find yourself complaining more than anything else, maybe it's time to take a break because the current product isn't your cup of tea. You can still be a fan of wrestling. You can still discuss wrestling. Just don't watch Raw for about a month and go to Gen. Wrestling or Indy folders instead of the WWE folder for awhile.

Some people just arent smart enough to see the huge entertainment value in recycled ten year old Will Ferrell skits, Vince 'devils advocate' Mcmahon, and a great wrestler being wasted as a prop for an obese actress.

I go to Yahoo Chat quite a bit...a lot of us there are as hard on the product as this board is.

Seriously, Vince should be glad most of us complain. It should tell him we care about wrestling enough that we want to see a better show. I know for me it's an issue of consistency. One week the show's off the hook, the next week it sucks out loud. But I've been watching wrestling since 1979...I am a wrestling fan and want the product to be better.

So for all the WWE marks that whine about people complaining...if we stop complaining that's the day Vince needs to be worried because then we stop caring.

Guest thebigjig
Some people just arent smart enough to see the huge entertainment value in recycled ten year old Will Ferrell skits, Vince 'devils advocate' Mcmahon, and a great wrestler being wasted as a prop for an obese actress.

I almost gave RAW another shot last week until I found out about this... then I came to my senses. Too bad, because I heard the Flair/Edge match was pretty good

If they want to do a group of male cheerleaders as a gimmick, more power to them, but the fact that they've wasted not one, but two of their top developmental prospects (one in particular, Ken Doane, is miles beyond many people on the active roster now, nevermind the comparisons to Orton at his age, etc.) in this angle. You're telling me they couldn't have used someone like Sylvan in this role? I don't think the Euro Rick Martel angle has taken off, so why not?

The only real problems I'm seeing is most of the characters are now there just to amuse Vince and the endings to matches have been very subpar. I kinda miss the days where a guy could win a match without outside interference or a roll-up every once in awhile. As much as I dislike Carlito and Masters, I'll still give them time to become something. Hell, I'm giving Ashley time to learn shit so I might as well give Sideshow Razor and Buff McRoids a shot as well.

But a lot of the characters are really headed towards 80's territory (Boogeyman, spirit squad, Trevor Murdock, Chris Masters, Carlito and the Million Dollar Texan JBL) and that isn't filling me with joy.

If they want to do a group of male cheerleaders as a gimmick, more power to them, but the fact that they've wasted not one, but two of their top developmental prospects (one in particular, Ken Doane, is miles beyond many people on the active roster now, nevermind the comparisons to Orton at his age, etc.) in this angle. You're telling me they couldn't have used someone like Sylvan in this role? I don't think the Euro Rick Martel angle has taken off, so why not?

Isn't Sylvan's wrestling career basically over because of some disorder?

Guest Coffey

While that's certainly true, what about all the other stuff? Mysterio Vs. Henry was a decent match. Kurt Angle is World Champion again. MNM are tearing it up lately in the ring. HBK had a pretty solid '05. Triple H's TV had dwindled dramatically. John Cena lost the belt after many people screamed that he was bland and boring. The TLC match on last weeks Raw was pretty watchable. There's tons more.

If we go back a further, we have Benoit and Guerrero World Title Reigns. No even ever thought either of those would happen.

The good stuff is there people just don't want to be vocal about that.

That would be Dupree you're thinking of. He's had hernia troubles several times which they feel could end his career early, and actually just got injured at an OVW show this past week yet again.

That would be Dupree you're thinking of. He's had hernia troubles several times which they feel could end his career early, and actually just got injured at an OVW show this past week yet again.

Really? Huh, so where the hell is Sylvan? Is he on Smackdown? And what the hell happened to Damaja and Doug Basham?

And I think the problem alot of us have is Smackdown moved to Friday and we don't watch it anymore. I cannot speak about Smackdown and I have nothing bad to say about the Smackdown roster (cept Melina, ugly bitch). Friday is a full night for me and wrestling isn't part of that equation. If it was still on Thursday, I'd have no trouble watching it. But Sci-Fi Friday holds the ground over Smackdown.

Sylvan is on SD!, but has trouble even cracking Velocity sometimes. At the SD! in Indy (Eddie's last one), he was working the dark match against Funaki.

The Benoit reign was incredible the night of WMXX...it wasnt so cool to see him defending the title in the mid card. Yes...HBk has been good, the tlc match last week was entertaining, etc...but its not consistent and those are just small exceptions. They will continue to force feed the worst products because they feel the marks will enjoy anything on television from the wwe. Apparently a few people here are giving Vince just what he needs...and open mouth for his his spoonfed idea of 'humor' and 'entertainment'.

Sylvan was in the battle royale for the World Title. He had that brief feud with Hardcore Holly, and got plastered by Lashley in recent months, not that either meant anything for him.

As for the Bashams, they both just relocated to Florida, and Doug's been working shots in OVW (and flying himself to KY for the shots). Apparently Danny has/had the chance to do some OVW spots since he's not being used, but doesn't feel obligated to fly himself from FL to Louisville.

I'm guessing they'll be on the chopping block soon enough.

Guest Coffey
The Benoit reign was incredible the night of WMXX...it wasnt so cool to see him defending the title in the mid card. Yes...HBk has been good, the tlc match last week was entertaining, etc...but its not consistent and those are just small exceptions. They will continue to force feed the worst products because they feel the marks will enjoy anything on television from the wwe. Apparently a few people here are giving Vince just what he needs...and open mouth for his his spoonfed idea of 'humor' and 'entertainment'.

Yeah, it's like Lushus said though. WWE's biggest problem is consistancy.