TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Si82

Best worst film you've ever seen

Thought I would start this up in the vain of the "Worst film you've ever seen" thread.

So what's the best worst film you've ever seen? The film that was so bad, in whatever way, you ended up enjoying it.

My pick is "Demons In My Head" a film about a guy called Travis who finds a "dimensional accelerator" which gives him strange visions. What follows is a mess of terrible plotting and crappy SFX. How this film ever got made is beyond me but I'm glad it did.

THINK BIG, two truck drivers who are stupid brothers have to drive across country to keep their truck while someone is trying to steal a special device from a teen girl who is a brain of some kind that turns stop lights from red to GREEN!

God damn, the movie was so incredibly bad and stupid that I loved it. Too bad it will never be seen again. Such a shame.

Guest Damn You Helmsley

I've always enjoyed Reindeer Games. Also, Playing God with Timothy Hutton and David Duchovny.

Beast of Yucca Flats. Terrible, sleazy, but with friends it's hilarious. The director/writer obviously wanted to make a meaningful movie.

The narrator is the star. Keep in mind he talks in sort of a clipped, Dan-Akroyd-in-Blues-Brothers Chicago accent. From IMDb:

A man runs, someone shoots at him.

Flag on the moon. How did it get there?

Nothing bothers some people, not even flying saucers.

Always on the prowl. Looking for something or somebody to kill. Quench the killer's thirst.

Boys from the city. Not yet caught by the whirlwind of Progress. Feed soda pop to the thirsty pigs.

Touch a button. Things happen. A scientist becomes a beast.

Twenty hours without rest and still no enemy. In the blistering desert heat, Jim and Joe plan their next attack. Find the Beast and kill him. Kill, or be killed. Man's inhumanity to man.

"Flag on the moon, how'd it get there?" Is uttered at least 4 times, always at the most inappropriate moments.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Island of Death. Incest, Death by paint, beastiality, Scat freaks, Homosexual love and more...

THINK BIG, two truck drivers who are stupid brothers have to drive across country to keep their truck while someone is trying to steal a special device from a teen girl who is a brain of some kind that turns stop lights from red to GREEN!

God damn, the movie was so incredibly bad and stupid that I loved it. Too bad it will never be seen again. Such a shame.

Thank you! I thought I was the only person whoevever saw this.

what's that line?

"Were not just two big dumb guys, were two really big dumb guys."

Pure gold.

How can anyone hate Surf Ninjas? It had Eddie Reyes Jr. AND Rob Schneider. I wouldn't even list it as a worst movie.

I have that on tape somewhere, and I'm SO going to burn it to DVD.

"Just One of The Guys" ...Johnny from the Karate Kid (Billy Zabka) was the villian, and very much in his prime.

"Airborne" was just so freaking awesome. Jack Black saves the surfer dude turned Cinci Skate Punk, and winds up getting his junk smashed on a tree. It was one of those movies that was always on in the summer time, on HBO, at eleven o'clock in the morning.

Guest Vitamin X
Everything that was on USA Up All Night with favorites being Vice Academy and H.O.T.S. and Bikini Car Wash.

Bikini Car Wash was a good old time favorite amongst me and my horny friends back in like junior high.

If Troma counts...

Cannibal! The Musical

The amazing true story of the only convicted cannibal in US history...with exciting dance numbers and songs catchier than a Backstreet Boys single.

Citizen Toxie: The Toxic Avenger IV

Everything in this movie - EVERYTHING - is entertaining in some way. From the parody of action movies when the bomb has 5 seconds (and the ensuing scene sees Toxie run around the whole school to get the kids out and then go return his videos before he's charged with late fees) to the terribly-clipped fight scene in Amortville between Bizarro Kabukiman and Toxie...I just love this fucking movie.

Tromeo & Juliet

The first "good" Troma movie. It has heart, genuine comedy without being too gross (well, for most of the movie), and a nice little twist ending. Valentine Miele is a fucking showstealer as Murray Martini (the Mercutio character), and you'll wonder why he's not in more flicks.

The pro-religion, anti-drug masterpiece Blood Freak, in which marijuana and turkey meat collide to turn Herschel into a turkey-headed vampire who feeds on the blood of other pot smokers.

Includes a hilariously bad narrator (reading directly off of a paper on the table), realistic turkeys and a GREAT convulsing scene that lasts about 6 minutes.

Guest Fook

The Big Hit. It's not a "good" movie in most people's eyes, but it is freaking hilarious.

The Big Hit. It's not a "good" movie in most people's eyes, but it is freaking hilarious.

GREAT choice. I have that one on videotape too. That movie is actually pretty fun.

Carnosaur. Blantant rip off of Jurrassic Park, based on a novel that came out before Jurassic Park, and is nothing like the novel it's based on. Featuring bad acting, horrible special effects, bloody dinosaur puppets, women giving birth to dinosaurs, an anti-goverment message, hippies getting mauled, and Clint Howard telling gross stories to people at a diner. I love that movie.

Guest NYChris
put me down for Airborne as well, I love that movie! When the first X-Men movie came out, I thought James Marsden was the kid in Airborne...

Nah it was the kid from Swan's Crosing. My favorite bad movies are Tomboy and Private School.

Commando, Delta Force, Alien Apocalypse, Wild Zero, Fist of the North Star, The Calamari Wrestler all deserve honorable mentions, though I'm sure many will object to Commando being called bad.

Commando, Delta Force, Alien Apocalypse, Wild Zero, Fist of the North Star, The Calamari Wrestler all deserve honorable mentions, though I'm sure many will object to Commando being called bad.

animated or live action? the live action one is pretty craptastic save for Kenshiro's ass clearing in Shin's castle as well as their final battle...oh and Chris Penn was in it!!!

COMMANDO~! HELL YES! the most quatable movie ever!

"you don't wanna use a gun, you wanna use a knife, so you can stick it in me and turn it slow, see what's going on inside!"

Commando has too much clever wit to be bad. :D

"Don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired."

Agree about Wild Zero, even badly made for what it is and yet the coolness of Guitar Wolf still prevails.

Hell Comes to Frogtown comes to mind as does Final Justice.

Oh yeah and the Kid with the Golden Arms starring the Venom Clan in a less serious outing. Love the last line.

"What now?"

"I'm gonna go get drunk." walks off.

put me down for Airborne as well, I love that movie! When the first X-Men movie came out, I thought James Marsden was the kid in Airborne...

Nah it was the kid from Swan's Crosing. My favorite bad movies are Tomboy and Private School.

I was just about to say the same thing, but HOLY FUCK, someone other than me actually remembers that show!?!

That reminds me, I gotta finish putting the rest of my eps on DVD.

Oh, and as for some of my best worst movies, I have four words for you.

FROM. JUSTIN. TO. KELLY.

animated or live action? the live action one is pretty craptastic save for Kenshiro's ass clearing in Shin's castle as well as their final battle...oh and Chris Penn was in it!!!

That live action release was the biggest disapointment. I loved the animated version in my mescaline days, and was so stoked about a live action version ... and then I saw it.

Ugh, was that painful!

That live action release was the biggest disapointment. I loved the animated version in my mescaline days, and was so stoked about a live action version ... and then I saw it.

Ugh, was that painful!

even though it's one big jumbled non-sensical mess, the animated movie gets viewed at least twice a month in my household! My kid pulled it out of the DVD cabinet and wanted to watch it...you know, cartoon and all...had to tell her no, unfortunantly!